• M&P or XDM

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    They feel nice but the trigger on this one felt like it was full of gravel. He said they are supposed to smooth out. I dont know since I dont own one. Ill keep my XDs.
    The trigger on the M&P is one of the easiest triggers in the world to make into a truly awesome feeling, smooth, crisp trigger. Here's how:
    http://www.burwellguns.com/misc/M&Ptriggerjob.pdf
    You should reload if you shoot that much. Im looking at a box of 3K montana gold 9s and 1K of SMK 69s as well.
    I know it, problem is, I hardly have time to reload right now. I've looked into it several times, but just haven't made the leap yet. Might as well go ahead and get a single stage at least. Gonna need it for the next two rifle builds I am starting on...

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I've shot both and I prefer the feel of the XD series, although if I could change anything I would like to see the slide lowered.

I don't know who to attribute this quote to but I found it completely accurate:
    "The M&P grip feels like an XD that swallowed an egg"

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    My choice is not really fair, since I haven't held a M&P, but just recently purchased a XDM and I really like it, plus the extra mag/mag holster deal they have going right now is nice!

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    This...

mp40proseries.jpg

Or this...

pro9hst.jpg

sorry but correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 2 firearms in these two photo's the same and shouldn't one be an xdm since that's what this topic is about. I mean if your asking the people here to choose between the two firearm's. I know that most people here are very familiar with both handguns and what they look like and all but for those that may never have seen either, it would seem prudent to picture both,

sorry if this come's off as a rant or what not but i just thought that i would point this out.

and as for what my choice would be i think i would prefer the xdm over the m&p..

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    DaddyFixSemi
    sorry but correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 2 firearms in these two photo's the same and shouldn't one be an xdm since that's what this topic is about. I mean if your asking the people here to choose between the two firearm's. I know that most people here are very vilmmilar with both handguns and what they look like and all but for those that may never have seen either, it would seem prudent to picture both,

sorry if this come's off as a rant or what not but i just thought that i would point this out.

and as for what my choice would be i think i would prefer the xdm over the m&p..

Alright, I will correct you.

The two firearms are not the same. One is the 4.25" M&P40 Pro Series and the other is the 5" M&P9 Pro Series.

The OP asked which weapon would be my choice, and I chose the M&P... No matter which M&P configuration.
    thumperdogg
    What would be your weapon of choice, the M&P pistol or a XDM?

I would not show a picture of the XD or XDM, because I would never own one. I did not want one of the Croatian pistols back when it was known as the HS2000, and dealers had a hard time selling them for $200. And, I do not want one now that Springfield has re-marketed them as their own XD brand, and is charging more than $500 for the same Croatian pistols.

Keep ranting.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Alright, I will correct you.

The two firearms are not the same. One is the 4.25" M&P40 Pro Series and the other is the 5" M&P9 Pro Series.

thank you for the correction, looking back to the post i see that you were just stating your choice. sorry for the misconception on my part..

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    You can basically eliminate pre-travel with the Apex FSS.

Or if you don't want to go to that extreme, the Apex AEKs make the pre-travel so light and smooth it becomes almost negligible. What you end up with is a very light pre-travel and then a solid "wall" before the trigger breaks. It's very easy to hold the trigger just before the break point with the AEKs.

You can also get a Bowie Tactical trigger which someone on here has, I met him and shot his M&P, it's essentially a 1911 trigger, short and crisp.

I have the Apex DCAEK and RAM which is a little different, slightly longer pull, still clean and crisp though. I love it.

As far as mag extensions, you can get Arredondo mag extensions that go on any M&P mag and give +6 9mm and +5 .40 S&W, so I have 15+1 capacity with these on my M&P40c, but if you had a full size, you could have 22+1 on M&P9. That's a very tight fit though, so you might actually prefer to go +one less than advertised, which is still very nice.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I gotta vote the xdm just feeling like springfield is the better manufacturer on this one.

Springfield has absolutely NOTHING to do with the manufacturing process of the XD line of pistols. They are 100% produced in Karlovac, Croatia by HS Produkt. Springfield Armory XD is the marketing name for the weapon, which is licensed and sold in the US by Springfield Armory, Inc. Before Springfield Armory began marketing the XD line of pistols, they were known as the HS2000.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I Finally... FINALLY! tracked down a M&P Pro 9. This thing feels Great in the hand, right now the trigger is alittle crunchy but I've heard they smooth out nicely. Can't wait to break this baby in tomorrow!:rockwoot:

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    While I'm talking about my M&P here's a pic of it. Finally got all the modifications I wanted finished this week and took it to the range today, shot the best I have this year. Easily prefer this to my Sig now.

320598_2200390327194_1170360071_32102732_934310646_n.jpg

Smith and Wesson Military & Police 40 Compact with Bowie Tactical night sights (Green/Yellow), Apex Tactical Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit, and Apex Tactical Reset Assist Mechanism. The high capacity mags are Arredondo extensions with actual 13+1 capacity. I don't think Arredondo makes extensions for XD, but I'd be surprised if a similar product weren't available elsewhere.

Top Bottom