• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    They are a lot of fun. Very low recoil. Easy to handle. Historical. I would shoot mine all the time if it wasn't for the price of ammo (that is my only dislike). If you have or can get enough ammo together for the carbine match, I am betting you will really like shooting the M1 Carbine. Of course, you would probably want to take it to the range and practice a little with it prior to your match.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Not nearly as often as I want to.

If I had one of the new ones made by Kahr, I would shoot .30 Carbine a lot more.

Mine shoots about 2MOA @ 50 yds with really old surplus ammo.

Like: BIG FUN, .357 Mag power @ 100 yards, light, low recoil, low noise, perfect package size, sights down on the barrel where God intended, super easy manual of arms, and chicks dig them.

Dislikes: people think ammo is gold plated. Kel-Tec doesn't make a SU-30 Carbine. If they did I'd buy one for everyone in my family (seven).

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    great big pos!, you will be sorry you own one!, you'll hate more when you do shoot it!

but i'll tell you what i'll do....since im a nice guy.... ill take it off your hands!

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    They are a lot of fun. Very low recoil. Easy to handle. Historical. I would shoot mine all the time if it wasn't for the price of ammo (that is my only dislike). If you have or can get enough ammo together for the carbine match, I am betting you will really like shooting the M1 Carbine. Of course, you would probably want to take it to the range and practice a little with it prior to your match.

Carbines are a lot of fun.......

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I love them. I sold mine in a money crunch years ago. But my son has his own now. I have always loved the 30 carbine. You REALLY need to go shoot that thing.

Here is my son with his. (yea, I know he doesn't have any shooting glasses on)
    261395_10150216525639626_720029625_6827424_3422328_n.jpg

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I love mine and always have fun shooting it. It is pretty light and not too big of a rifle which is great since my hallways aren't the biggest in the world so I use mine for HD. The magazines used to be pretty easy to find and were pretty cheap, like $15 for a 15 rounder and $15 for a 30 rounder. Ammo is hard to find and price has gone up but I only shoot Tula and Herters since it is the cheapest. There are some self defense ammo out there but it is even harder to find and more expense than FMJ ammo. But overall I love and I don't think I will ever get rid of it.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Mine is an Inland made carbine. I had it out last weekend, using it to get a new shooter started....they really are that easy to handle.
    If it's a wartime carbine, you hold and shoot a piece of history when you take it to the range. I try to shoot mine at least a few times a year, especially on Memorial Day, to honor my dads service in WWll across Europe and Battle of the Bulge.It's fun, makes me proud, and brings a tear all at the same time.
    So shoot it...you'll love it!

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Great gun. Too bad they're so overpriced now. If I still had one, I would probably shoot it little and admire it a lot. Unfortunately, the prices mostly reflect their historical and collector value, and there are modern firearms available for less $$ that fill the niche that they would hold in my stable.

I would love to have a reasonably-priced USGI one, but I'm going to have to wait until the price comes down or my income will support buying one.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They are fun to shoot. Sadly with this ammo shortage finding ammo for them is hard since the .30 carbine caliber is not a high priority caliber vs 9mm, .223, etc. Learn to reload and the price of the ammo drops a lot and makes it even better to shoot. :whistle:

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    My Inland carbine is one of the few things GM got right! I reload for it and once I found a load it liked (14.4 gn H110) it is very accurate @ 100 yds. My wife loves to shoot it because of the above accuracy plus low kick.:yesway:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I picked up one made by National Postal Meter at an auction New Year's Day for a good price at $600. The previous owner bought it from the cmp and I am lucky that he kept the original paperwork.
    I shot it on my 21st birthday in an indoor range. It was awesome shooting that rifle. I am going to go to Winamac on Saturday and see how I can do with it at 100 yards. After Saturday I don't want to shoot it that much because I want to keep it in as nice condition as possible. I might pick up an Auto Ordinance in the summer if they won't be impossible to find.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    The M1 Carbine is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. Like almost everyone above mentioned light recoil, light weight, and the history of the M1 is almost a perfect package. What's not to like? I'd LOVE to have an M2!

Dislikes: None that come to mind.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I use to have one (Underwood) great little shooter, sold it for parts when the receiver developed a crack in it (strange) Like to get another, but like many have said very costly now. Does anyone have any experience with the newer ones being made?? Most of what I've read has not been very good.

Top Bottom