• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    but i'll tell you what i'll do....since im a nice guy.... ill take it off your hands!

What a pal you are!:)[/QUOTE]

thats just the way i am! i like to help people! :):

really ive only shot one, a ww2 era that a friend owns, he has a ww2 era from all but one mfg(i cant remember who,but its the rarest of the ww2's) and he doesnt have a m2, but he's a carbine nut!

no recoil, accurate, but expensive to pull the trigger on!ammo cost's a arm and a leg!

id love to own one! but the good one's are kinda hard to find and dont sell very cheap,i know where a post war carbine is(450.00)but i dont want one of those(it's the maker from the early 80's that made the jamomatic)

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    How much are the originals going for now? Do I really even want to be shooting this thing or do I need to make a display for it and all of the accessories and make it a wall hanger?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I've got an Inland I bought many years ago. Its very accurate to 100 - 150 yards. Has very little recoil. Fun gun to shoot. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I got a carbine from my grandpa after he died. It's a great gun. Lots of fun to shoot. Low recoil. The only problem is finding .30 carbine ammo right now. I can't find it anywhere and I have 15 rounds left.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I really like the M1 Carbine. It was designed to be used by support personnel instead of a handgun, and it did great in that role. The complaints came when it was used in front line combat due to a lack of stopping power. It wasnt designed for that job.
    Lower recoil and shorter length make it easy to handle.
    My 1943 Postal Meter in USGI walnut went to the Sheriff range a couple years ago during AR-15 rifle day. I ran it on the course with the black rifles, under 100 yds, and it did great. Moving, prone, kneeling and reloading it kept up pretty well. Had one bad magazine that I had to deal with, but tossed it aside and kept doing the drills. Qualified with it in the course with no issues
    picture.php

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    How much are the originals going for now? Do I really even want to be shooting this thing or do I need to make a display for it and all of the accessories and make it a wall hanger?

im no expert, but i'll tell you what i know, after ww2 the rifles were taken to armorys, they were disassembled for cleaning and inspection, they would take them apart in batches, drop all the parts in a boxes i.e. all the bbls in one box, all the recievers in another box, all the front sights in another box and so on. then they would inspect and rebuild them, they would grab a part from each box and build the rifle, so you might get a rifle with a inland bbl, a rockola reciever, and international harvester sight and a winchester stock.

if you have a parts gun like i described above, have fun shooting it

if you have a survivor(a all original matching parts gun) you might have one thats worth a lot! (I SAID MIGHT!!!), the friend i typed about in my above post was bidding on a ww2 postal meter from a cmp auction (i think thats the one he's missing) and it sold for 2500.00, i know one fellow that built two parts matching m1s ,from about 10 he bought from the cmp(along time ago) i think he sold them for 900.00 each

i think my info is correct, but dont quote me! and it's if you have a ww2 m1!!!!!.if you have a post war m1(iver johnson or plainfield) all bets are off!! that info wont pertain to you!

you might have better luck over at the cmp forum

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    CMP is selling the few Carbines they have left on auction. Big $$. I wanted to bid in a couple of the Bavarian Border Police and Game Warden carbines, but each one went up into the $1200 and up range. I cant comment on the commercial makes (Plainfield, Iver Johnson, etc) as I have only owned USGI. Some say they arent as reliable.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    ***Update*** I just went to the range this afternoon with 3 different types of 30 carbine ammo and never got the carbine to fire a single round. It light strikes the primer every round. Im afraid that it might be an excessive head space issue. Im taking it to a gunsmith friend of mine this weekend to have him check the head space. If all else fails, he has lengthened the firing pin on one before by about .030 and made up for it. Im hoping for a weak spring or something as I am sure the bolt is closing as it should.

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    The USGI M1 carbine is my favorite, small, light weight , no recoil, many spare parts out there. Ammo has shot up to rediculous prices.
    I am lucky enough to have 2. Traded for them when when they were under 750.00.

1) NPM with a 1943 Underwood barrel.

2) Rockola with a 4-43 Rockola barrel.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The USGI M1 carbine is my favorite, small, light weight , no recoil, many spare parts out there. Ammo has shot up to rediculous prices.
    I am lucky enough to have 2. Traded for them when when they were under 750.00.

1) NPM with a 1943 Underwood barrel.

2) Rockola with a 4-43 Rockola barrel.

"High wood" stocks! Nice!!

Top Bottom