• 99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Google 7.62x54r (dot) net
    all the info you could need

the M44 has gone up in price recently. there has been a fast run of them, a lot of people trying to get upwards of 50 of them.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Honestly not sure what happened or what changed but Mosin 91/30's and M44's were easy to find and pretty darn cheap just a few years ago. Now they seem to be getting harder to find and the surplus ammo seems to be getting hard to find too

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was lucky enough to buy an M44 from a member her a few years ago and I absolutely enjoy shooting it. Hope you enjoy it just as much. It's a real hoot to crank off rounds in low light conditions

Last edited:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Honestly not sure what happened or what changed
    What changed is the number of Americans interested in their 2nd Amendment rights.

There's been a HUGE increase in new shooters the last few years and now that "Trump is literally Hitler" even the leftards are starting to get in on the action. Before, it was "only the cops and military need guns" but now it's, "I think I'm going to buy a gun."

Since Mosins are entry-level big rifles, it's simple market conditions that are driving up the prices. Each day when someone tells me they used to remember when Mosins were $80 I remind them gas used to be a quarter.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I thought maybe something had changed in regard to being able to be imported or just simply availability to dealers

If you check the wholesalers, there isn't the abundance of M44's there once was.

I remember many years ago getting TRULY unissued Russian M44's for $67 each from AIM.

Then they went to selling ones that had been polished up to look unissued, but you could tell by the bores they actually had been much used.
    Now even those are not universally available at the wholesalers anymore.

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My buddy just bought an M53 for $275 at a gun shop the bore was in great shape but the stock was pretty beat up... not even four years ago I remember Bradis had a lot of them for about $180-$200 depending on condition and they had a lot of the spam can ammo...... and of course I didn't want one then. But, now that I do I am having a hard time finding the ammo as well as the rifle. I will just keep my eyes and ears open I guess..

Top Bottom