MA: State district court rules Bruen requires MA to recognize man’s out-of-state carry license

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As I understand it, New Hampshire man with New Hampshire LTC was arrested for carrying a handgun in Massachusetts.

He challenged his arrest in state district court for illegal carry based on Bruen and won.

The district court judge noted that he couldn’t think of any other constitutional right that you lose simply by crossing state line.

A copy of the ruling is at this link. It’s quite short for a ruling.

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Good decision, but I doubt that we will see such decisions in Illinois, New York, California, etc.
    Hopefully, our rights will be recognized in the Supreme Court. Even then, the anti-2A states will try to find work arounds.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I Wonder if the state will appeal , or if they will decide to walk Away quietly From This one and not take a chance on setting Precedent at a higher court level?

BTW: this new phone's talk to text is awful. Samsung S23.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I Wonder if the state will appeal , or if they will decide to walk Away quietly From This one and not take a chance on setting Precedent at a higher court level?

BTW: this new phone's talk to text is awful. Samsung S23.
    Of course they will appeal. This is in state court so it will first go through the MA supreme court then maybe SCOTUS…

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As I understand it, New Hampshire man with New Hampshire LTC was arrested for carrying a handgun in Massachusetts.

He challenged his arrest in state district court for illegal carry based on Bruen and won.

The district court judge noted that he couldn’t think of any other constitutional right that you lose simply by crossing state line.

A copy of the ruling is at this link. It’s quite short for a ruling.

Outstanding!

Top Bottom