• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Probably a LOT of truth in that, look at some of the oldest surviving civilizations currently in existence; lacking in and against diversity yet they've been in existence for several thousand years+. Maybe there really are planets where the entire population of one is zebras, another lions and another gazelles!:dunno: (South Park reference, don't put too much thought into it)

Like?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Any of the Asian cultures. Most recent examples that I've read accounts of involve children of American servicemen in Korea and Viet Nam. Perhaps the atmosphere is changing but it wasn't that many years ago that they were seen as less than human by "pure" Koreans, Vietnamese, and I believe that even the Japanese had/have the same feelings. That last one I've only heard anecdotal evidence, nothing written.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Any of the Asian cultures. Most recent examples that I've read accounts of involve children of American servicemen in Korea and Viet Nam. Perhaps the atmosphere is changing but it wasn't that many years ago that they were seen as less than human by "pure" Koreans, Vietnamese, and I believe that even the Japanese had/have the same feelings. That last one I've only heard anecdotal evidence, nothing written.

Most of it could be that they're not exposed to diversity. Asian cultures have a pretty bloody history. Pretty much like any other culture. Diversity goes further than skin color, so far in fact, that people with the same skin color, religion, food, customs, and economy, will kill each other simply because the other lives on the opposite banks of a river.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Most of it could be that they're not exposed to diversity. Asian cultures have a pretty bloody history. Pretty much like any other culture. Diversity goes further than skin color, so far in fact, that people with the same skin color, religion, food, customs, and economy, will kill each other simply because the other lives on the opposite banks of a river.

If you modify diversity by adding "of values" the phrase makes sense. Civil wars stand as evidence that you don't have to be very different culturally from the people you are fighting. You just have to disagree passionately about something.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Perhaps he's referring to this NY Times headline that just wasn't meant to be. :dunno:

10insider-madam-superJumbo.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Perhaps he's referring to this NY Times headline that just wasn't meant to be. :dunno:

10insider-madam-superJumbo.jpg

Not or to throw around stereotypes, but does picture not scream "liberal" to you? It's like if you asked Norman Rockwell to do a painting about the American liberal brain trust.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not or to throw around stereotypes, but does picture not scream "liberal" to you? It's like if you asked Norman Rockwell to do a painting about the American liberal brain trust.

Nah, I thinking more along the lines of Ogre, "NERRRRRRRDS!"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If they weren't in a newspaper office they could be an INGO gathering....except for the skinny guys.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ah, INGO...

We go from Nikki Halley to ginger ale.

...that reminds me, I need to make more ginger ale syrup. Having carbonated wateron tap(soooo cheap for me) yields many options for sodas.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You know that pesky Confederate flag she took off of state grounds, is going to be an issue for some.

A piece of cloth. If it causes someone issues one way or the other it's their problem. Just like trigger words and safe spaces, pathetic attempts to distract us away from bigger problems. Personally I welcome opinions different from my own. Life would be pretty boring if we all thought alike.

I take issue with it, not because of "trigger words" but because it was a surrender to those screaming that it was, to them, a trigger. To me, the best response would have been, "it's a part of our history. Sure, I can take it down and then you don't see it, but then it's not a reminder to anyone that 'this happened'." And the end result is that it stays up, satisfying those who understand the real meaning, while those who do not get silenced long enough for the issue to blow over and the media to focus on another boogeyman... something that is a threat only in the imagination.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom