Made a mistake and put my hands on a Daniel Defense yesterday...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    And now I am trying to decide if I want to buy one or not. It is just a downright sexy rifle. I wasn't planning on spending $1600+ on a rifle, but now I am thinking I may do it. I handled the M4A1, I'm not sure if I really like the black with the brown hand guard. Someone talk me out of this, or point me in a direction where I can find an all black Daniel Defense...or maybe a different model?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Cant talk you out of that. You've been bit! If your gonna spend that kind of money, get the one you want.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bite the Bullet in Seymour stocks DD rifles. If I decide to add a second AR the DD SPR is high on my list.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Sorry, it's too late. The seed is planted.

I was at Copper Custom this past July to look at a ADM UIC mod 2 and I looked at a DD m4v7 while there (among others). It was as if it had been made with exactly my hands in mind. While I ultimately went with the ADM rifle (which I'm overjoyed with), I still want that v7. I like it. It will be mine.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry, it's too late. The seed is planted.

I was at Copper Custom this past July to look at a ADM UIC mod 2 and I looked at a DD m4v7 while there (among others). It was as if it had been made with exactly my hands in mind. While I ultimately went with the ADM rifle (which I'm overjoyed with), I still want that v7. I like it. It will be mine.

Thats what I was afraid of!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was recently drooling over a DD myself.

Thinking of selling the two AR's I already own and slapping the cash down for a Daniel.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I handled either their v7 or v11 one day and I can understand why you want one. It just felt so solid and of quality without feeling super heavy. It is one of those few rifles I've just enjoyed from the time I picked it up. I'm sure if you do buy one you won't regret it!

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I handled either their v7 or v11 one day and I can understand why you want one. It just felt so solid and of quality without feeling super heavy. It is one of those few rifles I've just enjoyed from the time I picked it up. I'm sure if you do buy one you won't regret it!

That’s the best way to describe it, the rifle just feels solid. Like its one piece. When you charge the rifle, it doesn’t sound cheap, it doesn’t have a ‘ting’ to it that I hear when I charge a Smith and Wesson or something of the like.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I have a a4,v7 and v11. Very very nice rifles. If you go to field and stream by kalamazoo they have all sorts of dd packages.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have shot about 2 rounds through a friend's DD5V1 .308. With some flavor of Trijicon rifle scope on it. :drool:

Oh man what a nice rifle. *sigh*

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a a4,v7 and v11. Very very nice rifles. If you go to field and stream by kalamazoo they have all sorts of dd packages.

That would be a bit of a hike for me, but I guess its time to start looking.

Do any of them come with sights? Or are they all flattop and you have to provide flip ups or optics? (I know they don’t come with optics)

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    That would be a bit of a hike for me, but I guess its time to start looking.

Do any of them come with sights? Or are they all flattop and you have to provide flip ups or optics? (I know they don’t come with optics)

Only the ones with front sight post come with sights i believe.

Top Bottom