Made a mistake and put my hands on a Daniel Defense yesterday...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I was recently drooling over a DD myself.

Thinking of selling the two AR's I already own and slapping the cash down for a Daniel.

I fondled a DD at Point Blank in Greenwood. I turned to my wife and said I am selling two of my AR's to HELP pay for a DD. There are AR's, then there is a DD AR.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I have had a v11 for about a year now, about 3000 rounds through it. I have had no problems with it. I had it ordered down at Meeks guns in Fort Branch

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had a v11 for about a year now, about 3000 rounds through it. I have had no problems with it. I had it ordered down at Meeks guns in Fort Branch

I'm trying to find the differences in all these rifles, bc I know there are differences. Can you give me a reason why you went with the v11?

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I'm trying to find the differences in all these rifles, bc I know there are differences. Can you give me a reason why you went with the v11?
    I wanted the long handguard. They also make light weight models. Pencil profile barrels and such. The heart of all the rifles are the same, just different uppers. Barrel length, hand guard, etc.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Got my hard-to-find V11 Pro from bite the Bullet in Seymour. Not cheap, but I'm super happy with it. Adding up the parts, I don't think I could have built it for less. The Geiselle alone made that difference.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wanted the long handguard. They also make light weight models. Pencil profile barrels and such. The heart of all the rifles are the same, just different uppers. Barrel length, hand guard, etc.

Yea I like the longer handguards also. I am a fan of the quad rail though too. I have bigger hands so I’m not really into the “slim” handguards or the keymod without the rails.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Yea I like the longer handguards also. I am a fan of the quad rail though too. I have bigger hands so I’m not really into the “slim” handguards or the keymod without the rails.
    I wear XL gloves and don't seem to have a problem. Unless you have some serious meat hooks:): I don't think you will have a problem either. Also if you are going to do some rapid fire, you are probably going to want heat shields or a handle. Which would add some girth to the rail.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wear XL gloves and don't seem to have a problem. Unless you have some serious meat hooks:): I don't think you will have a problem either. Also if you are going to do some rapid fire, you are probably going to want heat shields or a handle. Which would add some girth to the rail.

Yea I can understand that. I think I'm just really a fan of the quad rail.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    My very first AR was DDM4V5 LW, I bought from ZX Gun @ $1450 OOD right after Sandy Hook. I resisted the urge buying something cheap for a long time to save up the cash.

I still have it and the lower was my 1st SBR via Form 1. The original upper is kept as factory configuration, not gonna mess with it, ever.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I had a moment of getting a DD rifle and it was just under 1400, a little more than twice the amount I spent on the first rifle, a S&W...hindsight, I wished I bought the DD.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a moment of getting a DD rifle and it was just under 1400, a little more than twice the amount I spent on the first rifle, a S&W...hindsight, I wished I bought the DD.

Yea unfortunately for my wallet, I have made the decision that I’ll be going with DD. Good thing is, I will have plenty of time after buying the rifle to decide which sight to go with….because I won’t be able to afford one. Flip ups it is for now!

TKDMaster10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Avon, IN
    Just do it! You certainly wouldn't regret it! A friend of mine has a DDM4 and it is a seriously sweet shooter! I freaking love the handguard on it.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Yea unfortunately for my wallet, I have made the decision that I’ll be going with DD. Good thing is, I will have plenty of time after buying the rifle to decide which sight to go with….because I won’t be able to afford one. Flip ups it is for now!

Everyone I know who bought the Bushnell TRS25 are happy with it, specially when you get it for 60 bucks.

Top Bottom