• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This. 24/7 on multiple channels.
    They changed suicide reporting because of the copycat effect.
    So I wonder if they're doing this for ratings, or in order to force a copycat effect.

It's 100% impossible to go back. There's no way for the entire media complex to agree on not reporting the details of shooters. It can never happen.

There will always be independent outlets that hassle people close to the situation to get the info and get it out there.

This pandora's box can never be closed, and it's way too profitable for the media... damn the consequences of it.

With freedom comes risk... and that risk will be increased as time goes on, as we grow more and more attached to having to know everything about everything. The "information age" has devastating effects on society.

Unless we work to make targets hard as ****, I think shootings will increase over time... and with that, it'll be easier for the increasingly-liberal society to pressure government to restrict 2A further.

2A won't be around forever.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's 100% impossible to go back. There's no way for the entire media complex to agree on not reporting the details of shooters. It can never happen.

There will always be independent outlets that hassle people close to the situation to get the info and get it out there.

This pandora's box can never be closed, and it's way too profitable for the media... damn the consequences of it.

With freedom comes risk... and that risk will be increased as time goes on, as we grow more and more attached to having to know everything about everything. The "information age" has devastating effects on society.

Unless we work to make targets hard as ****, I think shootings will increase over time... and with that, it'll be easier for the increasingly-liberal society to pressure government to restrict 2A further.

Yes sir.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm curious what spin the anti-gunners will have with this nutjob using a Shotgun and Revolver. It doesn't quite fit their latest narrative on banning semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines.

And whats all the trenchcoat haters?
    I wear a trenchcoat on the weekends on the bike trails. Does that make me a killer? :dunno:

There are those already saying, ban all guns, eliminate the 2nd Amendment.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rather than filling prisons with the assbag mass killers and leaving them to rot in isolation, while being a financial drain on tax payers we need a mandatory Federal death penalty sentence for these types of crimes. We need a means of limiting their appeals process...especially when they have confessed. No need for all the psychiatric evaluations and spending millions to imprison/house these killers. 90 days for a case review and then send them to the gallows, hang 'em up high and let 'em swing till the sun goes down.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Responsible thing to do would be to keep him locked up, nowhere near a microphone or the press... and let him rot without allowing him to get his nonsense message out.

But I'm sure he'll get interviewed somewhere... and say his piece in court. And someone will leak it.

They claim he planned to kill himself, but chickened out. Probably what the .38 was for.

This.
    STOP giving these *******s airtime.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rather than filling prisons with the assbag mass killers and leaving them to rot in isolation, while being a financial drain on tax payers we need a mandatory Federal death penalty sentence for these types of crimes. We need a means of limiting their appeals process...especially when they have confessed. No need for all the psychiatric evaluations and spending millions to imprison/house these killers. 90 days for a case review and then send them to the gallows, hang 'em up high and let 'em swing till the sun goes down.

I agree with none of this... mainly because of the potential for the innocent to get caught up in this web, and then quickly "dealt" with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And yet we are able to do it with suicide reporting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nothing juicy or profitable about suicide. It's too easy to play-off with different excuses.

Shootings, however... choc-full of potential to exploit.

I think it could happen.
    Media puts on the same campaign they have now. Except now, they tell everyone that they are going to be responsible. Minimal reporting. No airtime for the criminal. No 24/7 stuff.
    Then go on how they are being responsible. Start shaming people that try to pick up the 24/7 thing. Make it "irresponsible.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I agree with none of this... mainly because of the potential for the innocent to get caught up in this web, and then quickly "dealt" with.

Ya but the Sixth Amendment says -

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public execution, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall ... (words)

So the faster the better.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Do you really think this, or is it something you just hope is true?
    A good bit of both of your options? I have to ask myself, why would this be on the up and up? It’s so brazenly stupid that I would “hope” no trump/2nd amendment supporter would do it.......but it makes perfect sense for an anti to show up at that scene decked out like that. “Look at how crazy the gun nuts are”! Either way, I hope this ****tard gets what he deserves, which, among other things consists of a serious ass kicking.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Mandatory death penalty at the state level without a fair trial?

What could possiblt go wrong?

Top Bottom