• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I'm going to try the mag flippy thingy with my AK, except up and down to see how far I can fling it and so I can almost look as cool as this guy.

I have no dog in this fight, but the gentleman in the video is a reputable instructor and has the experience to back it up. What's wrong with him marketing his services?

This not directed personally to you, but it's annoying to see this kind of attitude as it normally drives quality posters away or at a minimum serves no purpose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    damn he can pull that trigger fast. I had to watch the vid again to make sure it wasn't full auto.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have no dog in this fight, but the gentleman in the video is a reputable instructor and has the experience to back it up. What's wrong with him marketing his services?

Indeed. Furthermore, the "mag flippy thing" is very much a legitimate technique to ensure that the spent magazine actually drops from the rifle, thus minimizing the number of times the user has to use use the support hand to strip the magazine. Probably not as useful for an AK, obviously, but it's also good for handguns as well. You can't reload until the empty mag is gone!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    First time I watched this, I thought, "hot dog poster boy".

Second time I watched this I thought, "He sure looks like he's having fun, I bet he's having fun, I bet that is fun".

Third time I watched it I thought, "crap, Kutnupe14 is right, he is fast on the trigger, and that reload looks goofy but it is quick".

Fourth time I watched the video I realized that its pretty good advertising if it gets you to watch it four times.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You guys know that Travis is formerly of Magpul Dynamics, and "starred" in all their training DVDs, right?

He also delivered the best "warrior mindset" lecture I've ever heard. EVER.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._dynamic_handgun_1_bellevue_mi_5_22_23_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/92698-magpul_handgun_teaser_pics.html

The dude has certainly BTDT and knows whereof he speaks. EXCELLENT instructor. Perhaps even better in some regards than Costa, although Costa has more of the personality cult thing going on (it's gotta be the Beard).

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    That mag flippy thing also gives him that split second to check the chamber and make sure that the bolt locking back was because of an empty mag and not because of some type of malfunction.

pranavdc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Travis is the other half of Magpul! Both he and Chris Costa use that flip technique to drop there mags on mag changes. Seems to be efficiency in motion! He was an operator and yes has real world experience kicking in doors!

Top Bottom