• ...and so much more!
  • adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have no dog in this fight, but the gentleman in the video is a reputable instructor and has the experience to back it up. What's wrong with him marketing his services?

This not directed personally to you, but it's annoying to see this kind of attitude as it normally drives quality posters away or at a minimum serves no purpose.

Indeed. Furthermore, the "mag flippy thing" is very much a legitimate technique to ensure that the spent magazine actually drops from the rifle, thus minimizing the number of times the user has to use use the support hand to strip the magazine. Probably not as useful for an AK, obviously, but it's also good for handguns as well. You can't reload until the empty mag is gone!

I figured my sarcasm would have been received regardless of text color. I guess I will edit my post.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I figured my sarcasm would have been received regardless of text color. I guess I will edit my post.

Context is more important than color of text. I can't speak for abnk, but I have no idea who you are, so I have no way of knowing if you're being sarcastic. I can only interpret what I read within the context it is presented.

Rereading your message, I can see an attempt at sarcasm with respect to trying to do that with an AK, but overall it appears to be mocking the individual in the video and his methods.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I'm surprised there are so many shooters in here who don't know Travis and his techniques. Travis is without a doubt, at the forefront of weapons manipulation training. He has definitely BTDT. This video should be amazing. His shooting instruction as well as his mindset lectures should really shine through on this one. Nothing against Chris Costa, but Travis seems to be the more creative mind of the two. Everyone who runs an AR should check this video out. I'm hoping that we can get this kind of training here in IN someday.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I'm surprised there are so many shooters in here who don't know Travis and his techniques. Travis is without a doubt, at the forefront of weapons manipulation training. He has definitely BTDT. This video should be amazing. His shooting instruction as well as his mindset lectures should really shine through on this one. Nothing against Chris Costa, but Travis seems to be the more creative mind of the two. Everyone who runs an AR should check this video out. I'm hoping that we can get this kind of training here in IN someday.

not really........they are not his TTPS have you trained with him?

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Prac-tice? What language is that? I thought to develop skills you bought a high dollar, whizbang, *****en cool guyAR, loaded on about 10 pounds of tacticool crap, and then talked a good game on the internet?:dunno:
    It was just some more of my crazy talk.Which reminds me that I need to . . . practice.
    Who teaches those courses, and where do I sign up? That'd be a hell of a lot easier than what I've been doing... :):

For a nominal fee commensurate with my narcissism-enhanced ego,I would be happy to offer JUST SUCH A CLASS.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It was just some more of my crazy talk.Which reminds me that I need to . . . practice.

For a nominal fee commensurate with my narcissism-enhanced ego,I would be happy to offer JUST SUCH A CLASS.

Grow an epic beard, you'll be able to charge 3x as much for said class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    OUT-STANDING, GOOD SIR! :spend:

:):

I live to serve, sir!

Grow an epic beard, you'll be able to charge 3x as much for said class.

Okay, we have a problem here. My genes say ix-nay on the eard-bay.

Let's say I have a son with a Greek or Italian woman. Then he has a son with a Greek or Italian woman. Keep going four or five more generations and we're still working on a decent mustache. Well, unless they have daughters, but that's a different story.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my question is what will travis bring to the table that's different than what he taught when he was with magpul? I don't feel the need to fork out the $$$ if it's gonna be art of the tactical carbine redux.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    my question is what will travis bring to the table that's different than what he taught when he was with magpul? I don't feel the need to fork out the $$$ if it's gonna be art of the tactical carbine redux.

thats exactly what i was thinking. i already own both the magpul tactical carbine sets. and from looking at the promo video it looked like he was still doing the exact same stuff as the magpul videos.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just got an Email that Brownells is going to be carrying this video. If you qualify for their "good guy" pricing, it's pretty reasonable. I might bite the bullet and pick it up once they're actually in stock.

Top Bottom