• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The news reported the Purdue student H1N1 reported cases has doubled from 40 to 80 this past week... :dunno:

I'll be taking the shot. It seems like anytime that I get near young kids I get an awful cold.

TK :ingo:

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I think it's too late here. I've been sick as a dog since Tuesday. All the classic severe flu symptoms and I'm hoping it will decide to move on in the next few days.

I've got a friend in Atlanta who's wife got it and it apparently transformed into pneumonia in just a few days. She's pretty much out of commission for a few weeks until they get it takes care of.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think its mostly just the regular flu and they don't want to test as much anymore so they can just say its the H1N1 and make it seem much worse than it really is. I"m just glad I don't get sick very much except for my allergies bugging me.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think it's too late here. I've been sick as a dog since Tuesday. All the classic severe flu symptoms and I'm hoping it will decide to move on in the next few days.

I've got a friend in Atlanta who's wife got it and it apparently transformed into pneumonia in just a few days. She's pretty much out of commission for a few weeks until they get it takes care of.

Maybe you just have the good old fashion influenza virus. :dunno:

I'm on the fence, I have a feeling my employer is going to make it mandatory since I'm on the front lines. I hope not, I'm not sold. :n00b:

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    i'm still not convinced this whole H1N1 thing really is that big of a deal. if you look at the total number of regular flu victims/fatalities and then compare that with the data for H1N1, it doesn't make sense that people are freaking out so much. i've never had a flu vaccine, and i honestly don't think i will. just my 2 cents

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    i'm still not convinced this whole H1N1 thing really is that big of a deal. if you look at the total number of regular flu victims/fatalities and then compare that with the data for H1N1, it doesn't make sense that people are freaking out so much. i've never had a flu vaccine, and i honestly don't think i will. just my 2 cents

We have had to do quite a bit of training and edu on this thing, and your right, it seems to really be no real difference with the regular influenza virus. EXCEPT..... Its killing healthly young adults also. The flu has never done this.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    We have had to do quite a bit of training and edu on this thing, and your right, it seems to really be no real difference with the regular influenza virus. EXCEPT..... Its killing healthly young adults also. The flu has never done this.

How would we know how many - if any - "healthy young adults" had died before? We never had an administration with the same agenda as this one. ("Never let a good 'crisis' go to waste.)

There may have been some, just not reported because there was no "need" to cause a "panic" and control the masses.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I too am on the fence about the vacc.

I love my daughter...and want to be healthy, therefor I want to take it.

I love my daughter...and want to be healthy, therefor I DONT want to take it.

Not sure what I'm going to do as of now. We'll see when, and if the time comes that it is mandatory.
    I'm a stay at home Mother of a toddler who is with me 24/7. I don't see the flu affecting us as we are not around other people much.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    How would we know how many - if any - "healthy young adults" had died before? We never had an administration with the same agenda as this one. ("Never let a good 'crisis' go to waste.)

There may have been some, just not reported because there was no "need" to cause a "panic" and control the masses.

Well some things are good for a tinfoil hat and some can get debunked.... I have worked for a couple different 911 services and an emergency room for 10yrs. Influenza does kill young health people. It rarely leads to a worse condition in this group. (like pneumonia or meningitis) ... it just isn't that kind of disease. However it does lead to fatal conditions for those ripe for an opportunist disease.... elderly, newborns, neutropenic patients, immune suppressed, excreta.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin

.... elderly, newborns, neutropenic patients, immune suppressed, excreta.

ex·cre·ta (
    ibreve.gif
    k-skr
    emacr.gif
    prime.gif
    t
    schwa.gif
    )pl.n. Waste matter, such as sweat, urine, or feces, discharged from the body.

:Dso , to stay healthy during flu season, we need to keep it all in??:D

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Video on just SOME of the hazards of vaccination (and specifically for this H1N1 pandemic panic)
    YouTube - ICN Update on Baxter Labs (since their vaccine scandal)

No tinfoil hat needed.
    The masses are absolutely BRAINWASHED into injecting absolutely ANYTHING into their bodies (even botox) or take pills without EVER QUESTIONING WHY.

With gullible subjects who have no objections and blindly accept anything 'for their own good', smacks terribly of indifference and willful ignorance.
    Let's all just go along to get along. Don't rock the boat. Don't think for yourselves.
    Is this an endorsement one way or another? NO!
    I just NEVER see discussions about a real, tangible discussion that communicates 'I have investigated [outside of mainstream media] the pros and cons and have discerned the patch i will walk--and take responsibility to'
    Caveat Emptor, dear citizens. Caveat Emptor.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am kind of mixed about the H1N1 vaccine. I do not plan on getting it myself but I have a young child and don't want him to take it either but he will be more at risk with being young. However, I do not trust this vaccine enough yet to allow him to take it because I worry it may actually give it to him and he will have a hard time fighting off the sickness. Finally, I do believe the "scare" is worste than the truth.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We'll get the flu shots. I'm still at a loss as to how getting the flu shot is supposed to benefit Obama?

Anyway, the swine flu isn't as bad as the regular flu, but I don't want either one. Folks with diabetes and heart disease, I have both, are more prone to dying, and my wife is a day care director so it's inevitable that she and our son will be exposed to it. We'll all get the shots. Especially since the "heart disease" part of my life is caused by deciding one year that we could save a few pennies by not having me pay for a shot for myself. That decision darn near killed me. I ended up having to sit up to sleep, because I couldn't breath if I laid down. My lungs were filled with fluid, I had green stuff coming out of my nose and ears. I took too much dayquil with psuedoephedrine and ended up with an arythmia. I thought I was going to die, and so did my sister when she came over for a visit. Freaked her out. Ended up in the emergency room, and took months to recover. I never want to go through that again, especially since I'm not sure I could survive. Flu shots are good!!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    We'll get the flu shots. I'm still at a loss as to how getting the flu shot is supposed to benefit Obama?

Anyway, the swine flu isn't as bad as the regular flu, but I don't want either one. Folks with diabetes and heart disease, I have both, are more prone to dying, and my wife is a day care director so it's inevitable that she and our son will be exposed to it. We'll all get the shots. Especially since the "heart disease" part of my life is caused by deciding one year that we could save a few pennies by not having me pay for a shot for myself. That decision darn near killed me. I ended up having to sit up to sleep, because I couldn't breath if I laid down. My lungs were filled with fluid, I had green stuff coming out of my nose and ears. I took too much dayquil with psuedoephedrine and ended up with an arythmia. I thought I was going to die, and so did my sister when she came over for a visit. Freaked her out. Ended up in the emergency room, and took months to recover. I never want to go through that again, especially since I'm not sure I could survive. Flu shots are good!!

I don't care if the people are for or against Obama because my choice is made due to the lack of faith I have in the shot as of now. IF in a year there has been no issues I will then think about it but the Swine Flu vaccine doesn't have a good track record or very much backing now from independent scientists. Also, NO flu shots are guaranteed to work as the flu shot you get every year is more of an educated guess as to what strain will be going around by the time it hits the states.

Top Bottom