• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    We'll get the flu shots. I'm still at a loss as to how getting the flu shot is supposed to benefit Obama?

Anyway, the swine flu isn't as bad as the regular flu, but I don't want either one. Folks with diabetes and heart disease, I have both, are more prone to dying, and my wife is a day care director so it's inevitable that she and our son will be exposed to it. We'll all get the shots. Especially since the "heart disease" part of my life is caused by deciding one year that we could save a few pennies by not having me pay for a shot for myself. That decision darn near killed me. I ended up having to sit up to sleep, because I couldn't breath if I laid down. My lungs were filled with fluid, I had green stuff coming out of my nose and ears. I took too much dayquil with psuedoephedrine and ended up with an arythmia. I thought I was going to die, and so did my sister when she came over for a visit. Freaked her out. Ended up in the emergency room, and took months to recover. I never want to go through that again, especially since I'm not sure I could survive. Flu shots are good!!

I will gladly let you have "mine". :D

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'm on the fence, I have a feeling my employer is going to make it mandatory since I'm on the front lines. I hope not, I'm not sold. :n00b:

I fear the same thing from my employer, though I strongly believe in no vaccines that are not really needed. I have never had a flu shot and don't plan on getting one. I figure I will fight it as best I can, but in the end I might be jobless. The one thing that really ticks me off is all the blanket no liability laws the governments pass to protect all those involve in the making, pushing, and mandating the vaccine. So basically if you get sick, you are SOL. You might be lucky enough to get workman's comp or disability, if you are lucky enough to prove it was the on-the-job vaccine that made you sick. Good luck with that.

I'm still at a loss as to how getting the flu shot is supposed to benefit Obama?

There are a few ways in which Obama would benefit. For starters, it would be a way to say "See, government needs to be involved in healthcare!!" Another benefit to him would be the economy, in terms of the NYSE/NASDAQ/Federal Reserve "money" ponzi scheme type economy that we have. All those worthless federal reserve notes being added to the bank accounts of all those drug companies will make them look like they are doing well, so then the status quo cheerleaders on CNBC will announce how that is another sector that has come back from the recession and all is well.

Look at the following companies, seems this push for an H1N1 vaccine has went over well for them (check out their stock price over just the last six months). Sure they are doing their best to push for the vaccine to be mandated on as many people as possible:
    Sinovac Biotech Ltd. (SVA)
    Baxter International Inc. (BAX)
    Novavax, Inc. (NVAX)
    BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc. (BCRX)
    Sanofi-Aventis (SNY)GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)

I have one thing to say about this rush to vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate!!! Be careful what you wish for.

3898672326_33ff9d2daa.jpg

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Video on just SOME of the hazards of vaccination (and specifically for this H1N1 pandemic panic)
    YouTube - ICN Update on Baxter Labs (since their vaccine scandal)

No tinfoil hat needed.
    The masses are absolutely BRAINWASHED into injecting absolutely ANYTHING into their bodies (even botox) or take pills without EVER QUESTIONING WHY.

With gullible subjects who have no objections and blindly accept anything 'for their own good', smacks terribly of indifference and willful ignorance.
    Let's all just go along to get along. Don't rock the boat. Don't think for yourselves.
    Is this an endorsement one way or another? NO!
    I just NEVER see discussions about a real, tangible discussion that communicates 'I have investigated [outside of mainstream media] the pros and cons and have discerned the patch i will walk--and take responsibility to'
    Caveat Emptor, dear citizens. Caveat Emptor.
    Now it is absolutely your right to not get vaccinated for influenza, this strain or any other..but before you start calling people sheep and that no one thinks for themselves...got a small pox vac. scar? Rubella? Polio? The medical profession and scientific community of this country has made THE WORLD safer from many diseases and call me crazy (ok thanks) but in the case of disease prevention, and pretty much all medical procedures...I give our medical professionals the benefit of the doubt. Kind of like... I don't need to see the airline pilots graduation certificate..he will be in the plane with me. I will trust him to get me back on the ground TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Now it is absolutely your right to not get vaccinated for influenza, this strain or any other..but before you start calling people sheep and that no one thinks for themselves...got a small pox vac. scar? Rubella? Polio? The medical profession and scientific community of this country has made THE WORLD safer from many diseases and call me crazy (ok thanks) but in the case of disease prevention, and pretty much all medical procedures...I give our medical professionals the benefit of the doubt.

I have a personal opinion that enough of the world has become so industrialized, that money has taken over as the primary reason to make the world safe. On an individual basis, sure, there are plenty of good doctors and big pharma types out there, but there are just a few who control everything that it seems $$$ has taken over as the number one issue out there. There is literally billions of dollars in cancer treatment and research. So much money, that it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least some people who would do whatever they could to block a cancer cure. What these types would want is an effective _treatment_ so they can get people to pay for that treatment. Also these sicknesses seem to be getting to the point where treatments are only effective for a short while. On a human species scale, a short while can means hundreds of years. We could see polio, rubella, and small pox come back with a vengeance and there may be nothing we can do about it.

It seems people are sooo greedy anymore, it is all about "me, myself, and I." They want to maximize their personal wealth to such a level, that is almost seems incomprehensible to 95% or so of the world's population. I think of the CEOs that make $10M....in just _one_ year. If you look at what the super elite have to lose, things like outbreaks scare them. They really are the one thing their money can't save them from. Directly, their money can be used to help them maybe not get it, as they could move to their isolated Montana cabin, stock it with food and enough firewood, and live off the land until the issue passes. The problem though is what happens _after_ the pass. If tens of millions are dead, just in the US alone, this country will drastically change. It is that change I feel the elites are really scared of. Will their cash cows exist anymore? Will they fall from their ivory towers into that of the typical middle class American? I have always read that the rich were the ones who survived the plague back in the day because they had lands in the more rural areas where they stayed till things got better.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Medicine

Now it is absolutely your right to not get vaccinated for influenza, this strain or any other..but before you start calling people sheep and that no one thinks for themselves...got a small pox vac. scar? Rubella? Polio? The medical profession and scientific community of this country has made THE WORLD safer from many diseases and call me crazy (ok thanks) but in the case of disease prevention, and pretty much all medical procedures...I give our medical professionals the benefit of the doubt. Kind of like... I don't need to see the airline pilots graduation certificate..he will be in the plane with me. I will trust him to get me back on the ground TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY.

This is NOT the world of that era (and even our perception of what that era was is slanted).

I was being pushed towards medicine since I was a CHILD. I excelled in school, took college credit courses in High School and enrolled in the premed (nat.sci.) program at a private college. After a couple years in school (and intermingling with doctors at events and working in a pharmacy) I found medicine to be full of politics and profiteers. It was NOT about patient care.

There was a cartoon on the hall of the science building that summed it up best. It had 2 old doctors commenting on a young intern. "Why does it seem everyone entering medicine is in it for the money.. Back in our day, it was enough just to play God."

And YES, people are dumb sheep. Mindlessly wandering and following collies and wolves through the meadow. I find that the populace, in general, lacks common sense, discernment and no purposeful direction. We could start another discussion about why that is, but let's just understand that is the state of affairs. Then when you address them with truth or engage them with debate, the response is indifference, apathy or canned robot responses.

Just for quick survey..
    How many people actually has watched the 2 videos I posted in this thread?
    How many have read the posts completely without skimming them over?
    How about the accurate inclusion of Baxter International in the H1N1 vaccine mfg?
    Are you aware that Baxter recently released LIVE virus in batches of vaccines shipped to 18 countries?
    Baxter didn't catch it, but Canada didn't just blindly pass out drugs (this time anyway).
    --------
    Deerfield, Illinois-based pharmaceutical company Baxter International Inc. has just been caught shipping live avian flu viruses mixed with vaccine material to medical distributors in 18 countries. The “mistake” (if you can call it that, see below…) was discovered by the National Microbiology Laboratory in Canada. The World Health Organization was alerted and panic spread throughout the vaccine community as health experts asked the obvious question: How could this have happened?
    ---------
    Quote and more detail here: Live Avian Flu Virus Placed in Baxter Vaccine Material Sent To 18 Countries…. Centurean2’s Weblog

Doesn't take much vision to see where blind trust/allegiance/nationalism will get you.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ok im going to say it because no one else has.

Watch "V for Vendetta" the government introduces a plague then uses the fear to subdue its citizens and set up a totalitarian dictator, making trillions off the vaccine in the process.

Ok in all seriousness, I wont be taking it. Vaccines do more harm to me than good, I always get the flu there supposed to prevent. Lucky I got out of basic a few weeks before they made everyone get the shot.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Here's a thought that should be considered, as we discuss taking the H1N1 vacine, pros/cons, and who's responsible for this crap....

Between 1918-1920 it's estimated that 50-100 MILLION people died world-wide due to an pandemic influenza outbreak.

This virus killed more people than both World Wars combined!

The outbreaks were not divided by political affiliations, the communists, republics, dictatorships, etc. all were affected, so I doubt it was some super secret means to make a party rich, or topple a superpower...

Only time will tell if the current H1N1 will be as deadly as the 1918 strain, or just an overblown news item.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Here's a thought that should be considered, as we discuss taking the H1N1 vacine, pros/cons, and who's responsible for this crap....

Between 1918-1920 it's estimated that 50-100 MILLION people died world-wide due to an pandemic influenza outbreak.

This virus killed more people than both World Wars combined!

The outbreaks were not divided by political affiliations, the communists, republics, dictatorships, etc. all were affected, so I doubt it was some super secret means to make a party rich, or topple a superpower...

Only time will tell if the current H1N1 will be as deadly as the 1918 strain, or just an overblown news item.

You make a great argument; albeit * PUTS ON TIN FOIL HAT * you don't think pharmaceutical companies could POSSIBLY have a secret agenda by creating a demon strain in order to sell their miracle vaccination.

I don't know about you but I don't trust any oligarch.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I won't be taking it as I do not have a compromised immune system. Many, in fact almost ALL people who have contracted the H1N1 strain lived. Much like the previous flu strains as well as a myriad of other conditions, those with weakened immune systems are at risk. For the most part, its just another flu season. Panic that these tags induce are not productive for anyone, save for vaccine manufacturers.

Your best precautions... take your vitamins, eat right and keep a reasonable level of sanitation.

The 1918 outbreak was something much different than this. It's components were the most dangerous to people WITH strong immune systems. Such is not the case with this strain.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    A local Walgreens is offering the "standard" flu vaccine for $24.99 now. Can you imagine how much the H1N1 vaccine will cost? (The "Super/killer flu")
    Is there profit in creating fear? You bet there is!

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    You make a great argument; albeit * PUTS ON TIN FOIL HAT * you don't think pharmaceutical companies could POSSIBLY have a secret agenda by creating a demon strain in order to sell their miracle vaccination.

Even if they did, it would kill you just as dead as if it was natural. If that was the case, the order of operations would be to take the vaccine, THEN lynch the murderous bastards :)

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    My wife works in a Pediactrics office, and they were insisting on all staff members to take both vaccines. My wife politely declined to take the H1N1 shot on her own :) Made me proud.....

Top Bottom