• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You can say all you want, that is until it's actually your kid, your wife, and your family.

Except for this. His selfishness is preventing real girls from wining what they rightfully should.

The world does not revolve around him no matter how much his family loves him. It's time they all take some responsibility for being members of a society.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Except for this. His selfishness is preventing real girls from wining what they rightfully should.

The world does not revolve around him no matter how much his family loves him. It's time they all take some responsibility for being members of a society.

i didn't defend it, I'm not saying it's right by any means.

I'm just saying that you can say anything you want, but until it becomes your kid, your wife, and your family..... Well it's a lot easier to say one thing and then find life to be another thing entirely,

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    This clash is something I have been looking forward to for a long time. Boys and girls are not the same. Men and women are not the same. I actually expect these people to ban competition because it produces politically incorrect results before they honest up and abandon their ignorant social justice philosophies.

Say what you want about the WNBA and fundamentals. A big center in the WNBA is what, 6'6" 190lbs? I bet you there is at least one male INGOer that is at least 6'9", carries decent muscle and can be taught to hold his hands over his head and turn around. Give him a month with a good coach (or quite a bit less) and I bet he would dominate the post in the WNBA. If he happened to be halfway a baller, he would be a league legend.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    HE is NOT TRANSGENDERED

correction; i just looked up the CURRENT definition of transgender, and was informed that simply FEELING like someone of the opposite sex (even without hormones OR sex change) allows one to be called "transgender". I learn something new every day. This trend will spell an END to womens sports.
    Just dope the gals up with hormones. That should be legal as well now.
    Those Russian dope gals from the old Olympic weight lifter days were ahead of their time. I say "reinstate their medals"

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No disagreement here.

I played a little in high school, but other than being 6'3" as a freshman, I had nothing. My sister (5 years older) destroyed me regularly even though I was an inch taller. She played through high school and was a scholarship player in college.

Reggie?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm just wondering about the parents. I can sympathize with some SJW issues, but some are just beyond the pale. Like this one. If that was my kid, I tell them "I don't care what you 'think' you are, but as long as you're in my house, you're what I say you are.... at 18 you can do what you want, but you gotta give me my last name back first."
    No idea about the mother, but here is what the father said.
    The father, who played college football, explained that there is often unfairness in sports. "There are guys who were 350 points," he said. "It wasn't fair that as a 225-pound linebacker, they came to block me, but that's the nature of the beast."

"As her father, I never think about it as competition," the father added. "This is not about winning and losing races. This is about the health of my teenage daughter. In terms of the fairness aspect, I don't think about that as a father. I only think about, is my daughter happy, healthy and able to participate in what she wants do to? I don't care if she wins or loses. ... She got to compete as a girl where she feels she should compete. That's all that matters to me."

other, but here is what the father said.

I wonder what he would be saying if it were reversed? Let's say if his daughter was on a girls football team and a 300# guy felt like a girl... I'd guess he'd be screaming his head off.

You can say all you want, that is until it's actually your kid, your wife, and your family.

If it was my kid, they would be using the bathroom of their actual gender and playing sports the same. If they wanted to be called by a different name or dress differently I'd probably oblige them in that. Although would you let your kid wear his pants somewhere in the area of his knees, or get 3 in holes in his ears because that is how he "felt"? I know there is no way in hell I would, luckily I have a decent son who doesn't want to.

Yep, as I asked above I wonder what his reaction would be if the situation is reversed?

This clash is something I have been looking forward to for a long time. Boys and girls are not the same. Men and women are not the same. I actually expect these people to ban competition because it produces politically incorrect results before they honest up and abandon their ignorant social justice philosophies.

Say what you want about the WNBA and fundamentals. A big center in the WNBA is what, 6'6" 190lbs? I bet you there is at least one male INGOer that is at least 6'9", carries decent muscle and can be taught to hold his hands over his head and turn around. Give him a month with a good coach (or quite a bit less) and I bet he would dominate the post in the WNBA. If he happened to be halfway a baller, he would be a league legend.

I'm not sure I'd agree. IMO a guy would have to be at least pretty decent baller to dominate. Let's say college scholarship level, 3rd string NBA, or decent in a minor league team. Now the guy you described, yeah he might make the team but dominate?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm just wondering about the parents. I can sympathize with some SJW issues, but some are just beyond the pale. Like this one. If that was my kid, I tell them "I don't care what you 'think' you are, but as long as you're in my house, you're what I say you are.... at 18 you can do what you want, but you gotta give me my last name back first."

Agree. There is zero chance my father would have let me play on a girls' team against girls.

You can say that all you want, but, in the house I was raised, we did not practice values/rules that were swayed by who wanted what and how bad they wanted it. On the contrary, the very purpose of those rules is to reign in our desires, not vice versa.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Personally, I think this is much ado about nothing. I don't think you are going to see a huge slew of men pretending to be transgendered in order to win competitions, nor do I think you see a large number of actual transgendered folks competing in sports in general.

From another article on this, it sounds like both the NCAA and the International Olympics Committee have rules in place:

The International Olympic Committee last year adopted a policy that removed the need for women to undergo sex-reassignment surgery to compete. The waiting period went from two years after surgery to one year after the start of hormone replacement theory. This matches up with NCAA rules.

From later in that same article, we find that in this particular case, it's largely irrelevant.

As it stands, Yearwood, who ran a sparkling 11.9 in the 100 early in the season, has been turning in times recently that will not win the State Open next week in either the 100 or 200. In an odd sort of way, that makes the situation less controversial. The CIAC has recognized there likely has been other transgender athletes competing in the past. If they aren't winning medals, producing excellent times, emotions run not nearly as high.

So, it sounds like neither the transgendered student, nor the front runner that she beat, would have won in the next competition (the State Open) regardless. If the student had competed and lost, I doubt this would have even made headlines. No one would be complaining about unfairness if she had come in last place (or hell, even 2nd place really). Just more whargarble to get everyone's panties in a bunch over absolutely nothing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    i didn't defend it, I'm not saying it's right by any means.

I'm just saying that you can say anything you want, but until it becomes your kid, your wife, and your family..... Well it's a lot easier to say one thing and then find life to be another thing entirely,

This probably depends more on your upbringing and world view.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good lord, that guy/girl has a friggin' mustache!

And, isn't he genetically appropriating the female gender? Isn't that some kind of liberal no no? Oh wait...that's only if you're white and open up a burrito truck. :rolleyes:

The way liberals seem to be eating their own lately, that's next.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I'm not sure what the specific intent of Title VII is regarding (college) sports, but I thought it was initiated to provide parity for funding through scholarships in women's sports at the college level. I may not have this specifically correct, but regardless, actions of this type women seem to me to be the death knell of equal but separate treatment of women athletes.

Feel free to weigh in with a more factual definition of Title VII.

Top Bottom