• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If any of you adblocked/noscripted the site remember to add it to your whitelist now that it's fixed. Sites you frequent deserve your support. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am waiting for some clever programmer to come up with software that can trace malware back to its source computer, take all the information pertaining to the culprit and then fry his computer--and call it 'buenware' (por que es muy bueno!).

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Ah, I didn't see any of the Admin saying it was anything but site and/or Google related..

That's because they took down the original post that had mods and whatnot basically telling people it was their computers. My guess is, that has the potential of becoming a huge liability, mods of a site saying, "it's not on our server, must be your computer." So, at this point, I'm sure they have fixed/found/eliminated the problem, but they have also probably had to shell out a significant amount of cash in doing so.:dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's because they took down the original post that had mods and whatnot basically telling people it was their computers. My guess is, that has the potential of becoming a huge liability, mods of a site saying, "it's not on our server, must be your computer." So, at this point, I'm sure they have fixed/found/eliminated the problem, but they have also probably had to shell out a significant amount of cash in doing so.:dunno:

This is not true. We pulled the posts simply becaue they contained links to what may have been causing the problem. Not one member of the staff suggested that any member should ignore the warnings or that it was their computer that was producing the problems. At this point, Fenway has not come out with a statement that the problem is fixed bacause he wants to make sure that is the case.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    This is not true. We pulled the posts simply becaue they contained links to what may have been causing the problem. Not one member of the staff suggested that any member should ignore the warnings or that it was their computer that was producing the problems. At this point, Fenway has not come out with a statement that the problem is fixed bacause he wants to make sure that is the case.

Understandable.
    And I don't recall a mod saying that it was just my computer.
    But there definitely were members that were at least implying that. I'd tell you who but I can't find the posts.;)

I can assure you that I was infected by the site. I had to report it to my work (who took it quite well - surprisingly). Two sets of Trojans. Our company's antivirus apparently sucks. My AVG on my other computers blocked all invaders quite well.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    My anti-virus' active scan still picks up a threat every time I navigate here.

Vaquero11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indy
    You probably already know this but I think there may be a malware issue again. I get a warning every time I try to open an
    INGO page. It been happening for the last couple of hours.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Same here.
    This is what I'm getting:

Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for ingunowners.com/forums

What is the current listing status for ingunowners.com/forums?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 321 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-01-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-01-28.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including sieerralook.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS29802 (HVC-AS), AS8075 (MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, ingunowners.com/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The problem is listed in the diagnostic page that Dan shared:

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including sieerralook.com/.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use Sandboxie to run my web browser. Just got the warning and closed down and erased the standbox and restarted with no warning. I suggest anyone using the internet to use Sandboxie. If you have a problem you just erase the sandbox and all problems are gone. At times I have had to terminate and erase to get rid of downloaded problems. Since using it (years now) I have had no problems with my PC.

Top Bottom