Man arrested at New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What the hell is going on there?
    Why can't it be a simple case. Why do I feel they are being led by politics?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Early reporting, there's more here. These 3 were not the only ones arrested. Generally to be guilty of child neglect, you have to have a duty to provide support for the children. The three who had the neglect charges dismissed, were any of the children theirs? Could the prosecution be gathering evidence for a later indictment? Who knows?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "they didn’t have a preliminary hearing in the 10-day time frame required by New Mexico State law for defendants held in custody, according to the official."

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cl...s-against-3-arrested-at-nm-compound/823179943

So they went free because prosecutors didn't do their job. Hopefully those prosecutors are no longer employed. If criminal or civil penalties can be brought to bear against the responsible party/parties, I hope that happens as well. Total BS! :xmad: Didn't have their hearing in time? Fine, then we're holding YOU responsible and charging YOU with aiding and abetting. Your hearing is NOW. They should be (at the least) disbarred along with the pansy-ass judge that set the ridiculously low bond in the first place. Since we don't hang people in this country anymore...

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    5 people were arrested. Apparently the have evidence against 2. The charges against the other 3 were dismissed. Charges can be brought if and when there is sufficient evidence to do so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    5 people were arrested. Apparently the have evidence against 2. The charges against the other 3 were dismissed. Charges can be brought if and when there is sufficient evidence to do so.
    You're ruining my rabble. Darn you and your eloquent country lawyerly ways. :):

giphy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Kidding aside, since the charges were dropped, are they free to go wherever they want? Like leave the country? I'm guessing so, but I don't know if there were provisions to keep them in the area (without charges).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, if the charges are dismissed, there is no basis to restrict movement. I truly believe that this wasn’t someone missing a date. That doesn’t seem possible....though stranger stuff has happened. I am assuming that the hearing wasn’t scheduled because they didn’t have the evidence. Granted, this is an assumption based upon speculation. The charges at issue are child neglect charges. They would have to have evidence against these three that they had a duty to care for the children and did not. The second part seems like an easy one, the first one, maybe not so much. Generally speaking, you can’t be held liable for neglecting children that are not yours or that there is no legal duty to care for. Them being in need doen’t cut it. Seems like there may be other charges they could come up with, but I’m not privy to the evidence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Didn't they order the site where they arrested these people destroyed? This would seem to put that order in a new light, if I am remembering correctly. This whole thing is just odd.

Top Bottom