• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Anyone give thought that his wife a Physocoligist, said she was afraid of him, not the guns. I think she may actually done some good here. That dude had a weird look in his eyes. IMHO, just a matter of time before he went whacko and made it much worse for gun owners.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Anyone give thought that his wife a Physocoligist, said she was afraid of him, not the guns. I think she may actually done some good here. That dude had a weird look in his eyes. IMHO, just a matter of time before he went whacko and made it much worse for gun owners.

your possibly right. hopefully not, but maybe.

but i can tell you for sure i would have a weird look in my eye too if police came in my home, took my guns and then paraded me in front of the world just to pat themselves on the back and ruin my reputation for life.
    No matter if the guy is found innocent or not, he will be guilty in many peoples eyes forever. then when SHTF (which it will one day) all his neighbors are gonna try to invade his house to take his guns to protect themselves. and why do they know he has them??? not because he was parading them around on his front lawn but because of cops who called a press conference and put the man on display like a circus side show! SHAME ON ALL OF THOSE LIBBY BAST***

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Granted the guy did look a little sketchy but it could have been nerves also,
    Looked like he had a nice cache, the only thing that looked a little unsavory was the "Indoor shooting range" other than that I don't see anything Illegal about it, but that state is full of Liberal bafoons what is the first thing out of their darn mouth "Assault weapon" Isn't that every gun or for that fact pen?
    just because it looks like a M-16 or you have a AK-47 your a madman killer! These liberals make me wanna puke. Rant done:ar15:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is a domestic dispute and the guy didn't commit any crimes. The wife says he is nuts (and maybe he is) so she got him arrested, but I suspect that when this is all said and done he will be released without charges and have his good returned to him.

The wife is asking for a restraining order. She is afraid to go home? She has been living with this for the whole time he has been buying guns, collecting supplies, etc. Why now? I suspect she wants a divorce and is using this as her wedge to extract the parental rights for the kids, or greater alimony, or some other such thing.

And as for his stockpile .... pffft, I have more of 1 brand of handgun than he has total guns. Well I did, but that was before I lost my collection in the tragic boating accident.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Hmm the news said "nothing in the law allows stockpiling to his point". Never knew you needed a law to allow you to do something that isn't illegal. Of course whatever state this happened in it might be illegal to have more than X amount of rifles, afterall that is what he had.

I'm guessing they'll get him for the destructive devices (explosive hand grenades), armor piercing rounds and the shooting range.
    my wife just saw this video and was like " oh ****, i have like a hundred jigsaw puzzles and no law specifically expressly says i'm allowed to do that. i'm in big trouble."

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I am glad I was not alone in thinking that. There was no doubt a change in the guys behavior is what concerned his family.

Does a normal thinking person shoot up a 400.00 SAPI plate? Maybe even doing so inside his home. I dunno-even though the media is spinning their typical media drama, it sounds like the guy might have some issues.

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    OK, what was the problem here? shooting inside a condo maybe, but having ammo and 20 guns? REALLY? C'mon he's just working on his collection, he didnt hurt anyone and he didnt threaten his family or neighbors! they should be happy to have some one that was willing to be there if they needed him.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    That is all a bunch of B.S.....how many people on INGO have more than 20 firearms? Does this mean they can come in and arrest you for ..stockpiling?

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    Did you guys miss the part about his alleged statements? I know they're alleged, and his wife could be making it all up ... but it could be a serious issue.

"Don't talk to people. Shoot them instead."

"It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it"

I don't think this is an issue of ~20 guns being a stockpile, and I'm actually concerned that people here may not be able to draw a line between owning a gun collection and having mental problems.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I don't think this is an issue of ~20 guns being a stockpile, and I'm actually concerned that people here may not be able to draw a line between owning a gun collection and having mental problems.

That's the point though that the "authorities" are laying out the guns
    and pointing to them and saying "look at all these guns, must be a nut"

Why do that? What is the connection? What does it have to do with his mental state?
    JACK :poop:
    The same thing would have been done to anyone else.
    Even if they were clean as the wind driven snow and
    clean as a preacher they would have been made to look like
    a kook if they had a "cache" of weapons.
    :rolleyes:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like the part where she says, "with all of this firepower, it is lucky no one got hurt", like he could take them all out at one time and use them, or they might march out all by themselves.

I also love the part where "there is nothing in the law allows stockpiling to this extent."

I would love to hear how this comes out. Wanna bet the marriage is over? LOL

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    That's the point though that the "authorities" are laying out the guns
    and pointing to them and saying "look at all these guns, must be a nut"

Why do that? What is the connection? What does it have to do with his mental state?
    JACK :poop:
    The same thing would have been done to anyone else.
    Even if they were clean as the wind driven snow and
    clean as a preacher they would have been made to look like
    a kook if they had a "cache" of weapons.
    :rolleyes:

I agree. They are insinuating that there is a correlation between owning a lot of guns and ammo and being crazy. Maybe this guy was unstable, maybe not, I don't know. But owning guns and ammo no matter how many doesn't inherently make you crazy. Yet....some people can't draw that conclusion! Go figure.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    That is all a bunch of B.S.....how many people on INGO have more than 20 firearms? Does this mean they can come in and arrest you for ..stockpiling?
    I don't... but it's not for lack of trying! Just give me some time, I'll get there. And back in Arizona, I also have "thousands" of rounds of ammo, though most of it is .22LR, and again, I'm still working on it.

I have yet to hear exactly what law he is accused of breaking...or has Habeus Corpus been suspended in Massachusetts, too?

The thing that disturbed me the most was the comment that went something like, "the law doesn't allow stockpiling to this extent"... Laws in Massachusetts tell people what they are allowed, rather than what is prohibited? when did this happen?

Now, it may turn out that this guy is really a dangerous character, but so far, everything I've heard on the news reports, he doesn't really sound that different from me....

Top Bottom