• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Did you guys miss the part about his alleged statements? I know they're alleged, and his wife could be making it all up ... but it could be a serious issue.

"Don't talk to people. Shoot them instead."

"It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it"

I don't think this is an issue of ~20 guns being a stockpile, and I'm actually concerned that people here may not be able to draw a line between owning a gun collection and having mental problems.

There are definately 2 issues here: 1) possible lunatic 2) stockpiling guns etc.
    and the media & MA police cant/won't distinguish between them! Did you see what model of bolt-action "assualt rifle" they showed?:n00b:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :faint:
    First my fellow INGOs DO NOT believer everything you see on YouTube!
    The case against the guy is NOT about his stockpile of weapons (that is how the media is spinning it). It deals with...

Girard, who lived at 23B Bridge St., with his wife and 16-year-old son, was charged with four counts of possession of grenade type explosive devices — including tear gas and explosive pepper ball canisters — and four counts of possession of dangerous weapons which include two police fixed batons and two police expandable batons.
    Ready for 'Armageddon' - GloucesterTimes.com, Gloucester, MA

From the reading of various articles online in MA it is ILLEGAL to own police batons by the citizenship. All his guns WERE legal for him to own and he even had a gun permit from MA. From the article looks like the permit has been revoked.

Here are 2 more articles which make him sound like a nut job and trying to say all Sarah Palin followers are like him as well as Tea Party Protestors.
    Police: MA Man Stockpiled Weapons, Feared 'Armageddon' | TPMMuckraker
    Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Tea Partier, Palin Fan | TPMMuckraker

Next time boys & girls before you go jumping on the band wagon of "OMG HOW CAN THEY DO THIS STOCKPILING IF NOT ILLEGAL" please take a bit of time to read, see more videos on the story and get a fuller picture of what is going on.

In this case the wife called ATF and as others have sugguested it could be due to a domestic dispute or pre-divorce shuffling.

Remember boys no matter how beautiful she is, how HOT her body may be, how you may lust for her remember that somewhere some man is tired of her
    smiley-talk034.gif

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    I still don't see anything that SHOULD be illegal. Not legal to own police batons in Mass? They're STICKS, for Pete's sake. And just because something is called a "grenade" doesn't make it "explosive". Again, maybe it's illegal, but why? It's not explosive: it doesn't send shards of hot metal spraying in all directions, it just sends out a cloud of a compound that has essentially the same effects as pepper spray.

Both of those: batons and tear gas grenades, are "less lethal" weapons, and they are apparently illegal...I don't know about everyone else, but to me, that falls under the heading of "intrusive government".

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Uhm, did he threaten anyone, directly?
    Did he hurt anyone?
    Don't you have to commit a crime to be guilty of something?
    Wouldn't you have to assault someone with tear gas to be guilty of assault?
    Wouldn't the neighbors feel better if they had their own stuff to defend against a questionable person?
    It is not like the police are legally responsible to defend you when you call, because they are not. Look up Indiana constitution 1816, article VII, read all of it. Realize what we have lost. I don't fear my neighbors, they don't fear me. I just live in a throw back county. What happened to the right to keep and bear arms?
    There is no definition as to what arms you can keep until 1934 National Firearms Act under FDR. I am not saying violate the law, but know your history before you condemn a man, for an artificial crime that may be unconstitutional.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    I liked the police sending him to get "the help he needs" I thought his collection was a good start on the road to recovery

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Heck all that and six pack and you've got some quality entertainment.:popcorn: Just kidding obviously guns and booze don't mix. Why would they send him to get help? Don't they realize nobody like a quiter?? :laugh:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    The only "Help he needs" is help getting his gear back. But the shooting range in his attic may prevent that. Does anyone know whatever happened? I remember when this thread first came up, but haven't heard anything since.

Top Bottom