Man arrested in 'Call of Duty' 'swatting' hoax that led to fatal police shooting

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have not looked at the video and don't need to . Talk to any police officer and ask about the 3% group. These are police officers that for whatever reason should never have been cops. EVERY department has them!!! Look at all of the unarmed shootings of people trying to comply and still getting shot. The cop pulling the trigger panicked and made a fatal mistake. None of the other cops fired, why? Because it was the 3% cop that did the deed. It doesn't matter how much time on the job or otherwise. It taints all police and is not fair to competent police officers. This defense that the cop feared for his life doesn't wash. If that were the case they all should have fired. The department now has to justify or crucify. Monetary compensation is a cheap way out. How many cops can do every thing correctly when startled and orders are being barked at them? This has to end and accountability on police departments needs to be swift and just. Did anyone on this hit team even think of calling on the phone and tell the guy to come out and do not make any moves with his hands. Didn't anyone even think this might be a prank. Where is the department policy concerning verifying pranks that are, as per the FBI, 400 per year. The good will of the public will not last forever unless there is a purge of the 3% unqualified. There has to be common sense that supersedes fear in these situations.

The return key is your friend

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The return key is your friend

As is the "Cancel" button. :):

I'M new to INGO and this is my first time on any type of gun forum. I am by no means anti police and have police officers as close friends and ...

I disagree with your statement, Bob. You've only made three post on this gun forum and all three are critical of the policing community.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    1usmc1- welcome. However, I mostly..partly disagree with the first part of your statement. First off I think the majority of seasoned officers are great police officers. I have noticed that many of the new fresh from the academy officers don't appear to be as ready to hit the streets as other academy classes. I think the vast majority of LE training is pretty sound and high quality. Like so many things you get what you put in to training. Certainly I agree most situations don't warrant the use of SWAT. But every situation is different and someone up the food chain no doubt was the one who made the decision to send swat instead of a couple officers to knock on the door. Surely it was to err on the side of caution. I think (from the outside looking in) most of the time your assessment is exactly what SWAT does. Assess, gather info and make informed decisions to end the situation as peacefully as can be. I do not think SWAT has become too militarized with a kill and destroy objective. And I am confident they want to end any situation without shots being fired.
    We as gun owners want to fight for our right to own whatever guns/equipment we want. Too often we want to then expect police to not have equal or better equipment than what is available to the average citizen. That includes tactics

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am glad they arrested the "swatter" caller and I hope he gets a long vacation in club fed as I am guessing it is a federal matter since it was across state lines. IMHO that seemed like a bad shoot to me at least maybe even a ND on the officers part. Ideally I would like to see first degree murder for the Swatter and Manslaughter for the officer. The deceased was completely covered and under what appeared to be spotlights he posed no immediate threat to anyone and given the circumstances that is how most people would react to that horrifying situation.

Moral of the last few weeks if the cops show up to your house strip down to your underwear set your phone up to a Facebook live feed and come out with your hands straight up and dont move them no matter what till the officer cuffs you up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honestly, this should be prosecuted by the feds and I'm not strictly opposed to the death penalty in this case. Knowing the consequences would put this **** to an end.

I don't think there is any way the caller could be charged with murder. A lesser charge, yes, but not murder.

Perhaps a new crime specifically addressing this sort of thing is in order with penalties commensurate with the harm caused, but I don't think the death penalty would be allowed by substantive due process without intentionally causing the death.

As for cops, clearly they suck. Out of the about 1.5 million police officers in the U.S., you can't go a month without hearing about one doing something questionable based upon unfinished investigations and assumptions....but whose fault is that? Finish the investigations faster and post them on Facebook for random internet critics to pick apart.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are we being trolled by a mod?

A Mod Squad.....

200px-Mod_Squad_1971.JPG

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why do we allow police in suburban America to react as if they are in the GAZA strip? It simply should not be the case that an American crawling on the floor in a hotel hallway or a man in the doorway of his own home can be killed for not following every detailed confusing 'Simon Says' command the police scream at him. Are we at the point now where if the police show up you should just lie down and not move and force them to come get you? If you twitch wrong some dummy will kill you. I'm pro-police but lets hold them responsible for this non-sense. They have the power to kill - they MUST learn to use it with more restraint.

So you are cool with delegating more money for police training? Good because everyone here is on that side.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Btw if lights are swarming my house I'm calling 911, give them as much information as I can and defuse the situation as much as possible before walking out in my underwear.
    Good thought! I'm definitely not going to step outside and try to talk it over while all of those guns are pointed at me.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ive watched a few swatting videos on youtube. are there no hostage negotiators anymore? Im confused on swat tactics of busting into a house where there is a report of hostages being taken. I know it doesnt apply to this case because he answered the door, but on others you see the police swarm the room with the person still playing the game.
    If my door gets busted in then I'm assuming those coming in are bad people, especially if it is in the middle of the night when you were asleep, it's almost impossible to think clearly within a couple of seconds.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok Future-Man, let's get back to current technology and not be dreaming the impossible!

ha

Uh... you know that tech is currently available, right? :D

Totally NOT advocating its use or making it a policy to use it in a situation like that. I just think that all of us, including police, make better decisions with more information. Sometimes there isn't time to get more information; sometimes there is. Getting the answer to that problem is a big part of the result.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you get called to my address, Please, bring doughnuts. I'll make the coffee. I like glazed yeast. I can make the coffee from decaf to caffein jitters and it will still be smooth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom