• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    From my experience, most of the people I know either fear most cops, dislike most cops, or flat-out disdain most of them.

The fear comes from police officers abusing their power, not from being busted for doing something illegal. The dislike comes from seeing nearly all police drive like maniacs, never signaling, riding close behind a car, driving too fast, not wearing a seatbelt, or cutting people off. The disdain comes from officers stealing people's property and pretending they didn't, from having firearms pointed at them when they didn't deserve it, and from having numerous officers busted for drug trafficking, or any other illegal activity that they throw other people in jail for.

I don't mind disagreeing either, I just wanted to clearly lay out why I disagree. I have actual reasons, I don't just hate them for their badge.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :joke:

But I'm asking, why do most people love most firefighters and despise most police officers? There is a reason for it. There are many good reasons for it. They are both basically the same thing. One group is paid for by tax payers to help citizens, the other group is paid for by tax payers to help citizens, not much difference at all. But one group is hated much more than the other. Why? I'd say it is because the second group is well known for stealing, kidnapping, murdering, handing out tickets, yelling at women, pointing guns at unarmed people and the former is known for putting out fires.

I would have to disagree with you on your first statement.......I don't feel that MOST people do despise MOST police officers. If that is your opinion then that's fine, I can live with agreeing to disagree.

As far as the last part?? In certain areas of the country the police are well known for those things.........but it is far from being most places or even a majority of places. Again........agree to disagree, you have your side of the fence and I have my side...........I'm OK with that. And I was ok with it when I was a firefighter too.

Honestly, Lashicon, I think the reason SOME people despise LEOs is because those people despise the idea of anyone having authority over them that they did not personally grant and approve.

To be fair, as FPD said, some LEOs do abuse their authority. It's not because they're LEOs, it's because they're human and subject to temptation. (Edit: And that does not excuse it.) On the other side of that, though, is that they're human, and subject to polite behavior, too. "Good evening, officer. How can I help you?" is probably received far better than "Just gimme the **** ticket an' get outta my face!" (not to say you did or would do either of those, just illustrating the opposite ends of the spectrum...)

Blessings,
    Bill

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You have just lumped everyone into groups.

Good call. Luckily, you've never done that before.:n00b:

Lol lol whaha lol. Good one Joe. Constructive as always.

He's simply "wishin" for an LEO to blow the gullibility out of the back of your head, and then get a paid vacation for doing it. That is the real world, and I know it is hard to accept. It's just disappointing that it has to happen to you before you give a **** about it. Children have more foresight than you do.

You're right, I was way out of line when facetiously saying he was a good guy...I clearly need the "gullibility" blown out of the back of my head because I don't think all LEOs are evil scum.

I wonder why there isn't a bunch of Firefighter bashing going on here on INGO.

Can anyone tell me why that's so?

:joke:

But I'm asking, why do most people love most firefighters and despise most police officers? There is a reason for it. There are many good reasons for it. They are both basically the same thing. One group is paid for by tax payers to help citizens, the other group is paid for by tax payers to help citizens, not much difference at all. But one group is hated much more than the other. Why? I'd say it is because the second group is well known for stealing, kidnapping, murdering, handing out tickets, yelling at women, pointing guns at unarmed people and the former is known for putting out fires.

Firefighters are definitely known for putting out fires(crazy, huh?:n00b:)

I'd like to know what your definition of "well known" is though, because the only people I know that regard cops as "stealing, kidnapping, murdering, ticket givers, etc" are media sheep who only like reading/watching the BAD press LEOs get...

***News flash***

CONTROVERSY SELLS.

If the news showed every single incident that a PO saved someone's life, they would run out of time on the air.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Good call. Luckily, you've never done that before.:n00b:

Firefighters are definitely known for putting out fires(crazy, huh?:n00b:)

I'd like to know what your definition of "well known" is though, because the only people I know that regard cops as "stealing, kidnapping, murdering, ticket givers, etc" are media sheep who only like reading/watching the BAD press LEOs get...

***News flash***

CONTROVERSY SELLS.

If the news showed every single incident that a PO saved someone's life, they would run out of time on the air.

I lump people all the time. I'm pointing out that everyone does that and police officers shouldn't be excluded from lumping into groups. :n00b: Get it now?

Joe, you should work for me, because you're proving every one of my posts, so thanks for that. Firefighters are known for putting out fires, duh, right? LOL. My point here being - why aren't most LEOs known for simply enforcing laws? Thanks again.

Speaking of only talking about the bad things, which is such a poor excuse, why don't we ever hear about all the good things the Nazis did? :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So the United States was never a free nation? We were never hard workers? If you can't "lump" people together in gangs, then the same applies for nations. If we aren't allowed to hate an entire group of people, then we aren't allowed to feel any emotion towards an entire group of people. You can't respect, honor, or love the United States as a group if you can't hate cops, priests, etcetera as a group.

Sure you don't read about tons of cops in the paper. But I read (on INGO alone) almost every day where a police officer detained an American citizen, a citizen who has the absolute right to keep and bear arms, because he was carrying a firearm. INGO covers, what, roughly 10,000 people? I wonder how often this happens daily, and that's just among firearm carriers. We know that police officers detain people for wearing baggy clothing or carrying a bottle of water in a paper sack. They believe they are the final authority over Earth. They aren't. I don't have to show a license to some other human being to carry my self defense, but cops murder and kidnap people, so most of us are too scared to stand up to this GROUP of dictators and let them know what we truly think of their kind. My point is that just because you don't see something on CNN about police abusing their ever-expanding powers, doesn't mean it doesn't happen multiple times a day by nearly every police officer. I've yet to hear ANY officer of their GROUP come out and say that it is unconstitutional, illegal, and immoral to ask a guy carrying a gun for his license. They don't come out and say it because they are part of a group. Their group believes they rule supreme. A police officer doesn't need a license to carry a gun, and they don't feel they should have one. But we all know what happens if one of these people catch you carrying self defense in the form of a firearm without a license. They steal your firearms and throw you in jail, because you didn't purchase, from them (ISP), a license to carry a handgun.

It takes a special person to exercise power over other people. Those special people are in one group. Their name is Police.

You have just lumped everyone into groups. Why did you choose priests? Do you have a pre-disposition when you hear the name Priest, you automatically think "child molester"? Many priests did molest children. These labels and group lumping come from people who have dealt with people in those groups. LTCH holders aren't a group of people. They are people who also have a license to carry a handgun. Are drivers a group of people? Are licensed drivers a group of people? Can you name me 10 people who haven't driven in their lives? If the government dropped the LTCH, would the "group" also disappear?

You're entitled to your opinion. Consider the statement you made that I bolded, though, and consider that at least in my experience, most of the cops I know DO hold a LTCH. They don't need it to carry only because they've gone through far more rigorous scrutiny. When I'm at work, I have access to some pretty powerful drugs, too, one of which can paralyze you and leave you fully conscious of the fact that you can't even choose to blink your eyes, and unless I'm breathing for you with a bag and a tube down your throat, you will be dying, fully conscious and aware of every second of it. Why do I have access to that and you don't? Because I've gone through the training of how to use that (i.e. with something that DOES knock you out, and fully prepared to do the tube and bag thing so you live through whatever put you in a situation where I need to do that), the scrutiny of an instructor and a testing authority and a state board that issues my certification. If my medical director approves it, I can carry those and other things with me in my car and use them at my own discretion. Now to be fair, I don't know a medical director that will write orders for such a thing, but it is possible.

Yes, there is a possibility that I could abuse those drugs. I know a young lady with whom I used to work. She was one HELL of a medic! Unfortunately, somehow, she got on the wrong side of the drugs and as a result, she's now a convicted felon and all the training and education and skill she had will never see use again in that profession. So... does that mean that all paramedics are drug abusers? I'm sure a google search would probably bring up several, but I'll be damned if you'll find my name among them- I have problems with taking a benadryl if I don't have to. Want to accuse redneckmedic or shibumiseeker or rmabrey or any of the other EMS professionals on here of that kind of thing? I have a feeling you would probably make some snake-mean enemies if you did.

You've had some bad examples of LEOs in your life. That's colored your perception of them. It saddens me to see that, but if I can show even one "clean" LEO, it blasts your theory that ALL cops are crooked and untrustworthy all to hell. Got news for you. I know plenty of them, quite a few of whom are here on INGO.

Bottom line: Chill out with the cop bashing. It's not right, it's not true, and it's not appreciated. By anyone other than the group who love doing it.

No, not because they're cops. Because they're human beings and they're there to do a job they've chosen, a career they see as(and I agree is) a profession. It's as much a calling for them as being a medic is for me, and that's over half my life.

Those broad brushes aren't doing anyone any favors.

Blessings,
    Bill

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    But we all know what happens if one of these people catch you carrying self defense in the form of a firearm without a license. They steal your firearms and throw you in jail, because you didn't purchase, from them (ISP), a license to carry a handgun.

snip

I know several cops who refuse to make an arrest for this, absent other issues.

You are correct, btw. It does take a special person to responsibly exercise the power police have over us. They are human, though, and that means we must constantly watch them, and guard against those who are not special enough. Not all cops want to be a knight in shining armor (laugh all you want, that's the part I liked about the job, being the good guy coming to the rescue and smiting bad guys, which happened all too infrequently.) Some of them just like the power. Doesn't necessarily make them bad cops, but that type does demand extra vigilance.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The difference is that a person who gets their LTCH doesn't go through any training. They, like police officers, can carry any sidearm of their choice...so I don't exactly see what you're getting at with what you highlighted. I know you aren't suggesting that citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry until they have gone through the training and have become police officers, so what exactly are you saying with the first part of your post? If you point is simply that officers undergo so much scrutiny and training, that they should be exempt from the LTCH, I agree. I think where we disagree is that I believe citizens should also be exempt, as it's a RIGHT in our country to keep and bear arms. If a citizen has to do it, a police officer should too.

As for the me painting all LEOs with a broad brush. I went far out of my way not to, you had to have missed many of my posts to actually believe that I believe ALL LEOs are exactly the same...for your consideration -

Just as most cops are *****, most Americans were free. Not all cops can be *****.

But I'm asking, why do most people love most firefighters and despise most police officers?

From my experience, most of the people I know either fear most cops, dislike most cops, or flat-out disdain most of them.

Most, being my experience, of course. I can't speak for other people. Other people also cannot speak for myself. In my opinion the respect that everyone talks about having for police officers, is gone. I can't name one person I know who blindly respects a man or women, simply because they are a law enforcement officers. I don't like that fact, either, but when you abuse people, they tend to not like you or the people who wear the same uniform as you.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I lump people all the time. I'm pointing out that everyone does that and police officers shouldn't be excluded from lumping into groups. :n00b: Get it now?

There's just one small difference....FPD was lumping people together in jest and you are doing it seriously.

Get it now?

Joe, you should work for me, because you're proving every one of my posts, so thanks for that. Firefighters are known for putting out fires, duh, right? LOL. My point here being - why aren't most LEOs known for simply enforcing laws? Thanks again.

Bolded parts:

1. Haha, yeah...In your head, I guess I am.:n00b:

2. They ARE.

Speaking of only talking about the bad things, which is such a poor excuse, why don't we ever hear about all the good things the Nazis did? :dunno:

Great argument.:rolleyes:

Keep grinding away fella.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    (more insults removed)
    Try all you want, but you can't regulate free speech on the internet.

Regulating what happens on their private website is entirely within their realm, and if they chose to ban you because of your actions, they can. If you don't like it, why bother coming back? Seriously, if you don't like the way its run, don't bother. Go start your own and run it your way. You agree to abide by THEIR rules when you sign up here,

Last edited by a moderator:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    There's just one small difference....FPD was lumping people together in jest and you are doing it seriously.

Get it now?

Bolded parts:

1. Haha, yeah...In your head, I guess I am.:n00b:

2. They ARE.

Great argument.:rolleyes:

Keep grinding away fella.

Huh...I'm not sure why you bothered to reply. You literally said nothing.

I'm sure most low-lifes completely agree with you, because bad experiences with cops is a part of their way of life.

Yeah, us "low-lifes" all dislike abusive authority figures. But it's for good reason.
    y202918501158126.jpg

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Huh...I'm not sure why you bothered to reply. You literally said nothing.

Yeah, us "low-lifes" all dislike abusive authority figures. But it's for good reason.
    y202918501158126.jpg

I will agree that the picture you posted is beyond words, but let us all remeber that atrocity wasn't done by LEO's in the US. I'm sure there are plenty you could find, but that isn't one of them.

Since you feel the need to post a picture of something bad that you feel was a travesty caused by LEO..........here is a rebuttal picture of something good that cops did, most probably knowing it would be the last thing they did.

images

See the difference between you and me is I agree that there are bad cops out there. One is too many and there are definitly more than one. some on INGO (maybe you maybe not, I don't remember so I won't say it is you) talk about how the good one's need to weed out the bad ones, how do you know what we do to weed them out. Simple..........you don't know. We as cops are harder on each other than you or any other person could be. I have almost come to blows with other cops because of their behavior on calls and things they have done, I have gone to supervisors and explained to them that they needed to handle it or I would.

We as cops hate the bad ones MORE than you do because they make all of us look bad.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I know of gated communities that are incorporated municipalities, complete with a local government and a police department.

I don't know anything about this particular one, but the story makes it sound like that's what we have here.

Ogden Dunes (on Lake Michigan) is one such area to my knowledge.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    When did they start calling security guards for a gated community a police officer?

I know of gated communities that are incorporated municipalities, complete with a local government and a police department.

I don't know anything about this particular one, but the story makes it sound like that's what we have here.

Maybe you guys missed this but the story in the link says he was an off duty police officer.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I will agree that the picture you posted is beyond words, but let us all remeber that atrocity wasn't done by LEO's in the US. I'm sure there are plenty you could find, but that isn't one of them.

Since you feel the need to post a picture of something bad that you feel was a travesty caused by LEO..........here is a rebuttal picture of something good that cops did, most probably knowing it would be the last thing they did.

images

See the difference between you and me is I agree that there are bad cops out there. One is too many and there are definitly more than one. some on INGO (maybe you maybe not, I don't remember so I won't say it is you) talk about how the good one's need to weed out the bad ones, how do you know what we do to weed them out. Simple..........you don't know. We as cops are harder on each other than you or any other person could be. I have almost come to blows with other cops because of their behavior on calls and things they have done, I have gone to supervisors and explained to them that they needed to handle it or I would.

We as cops hate the bad ones MORE than you do because they make all of us look bad.

I hope you guys don't take that image the wrong way. Of course I wasn't saying it was caused by LEOs in the US. It was caused by soldiers enforcing terrible laws though.

I know there are good police officers out there. I just don't encounter them often. I have that old school respect for the good officers too, it's just more rare these days to run into a cop who would rather help you out instead of lecturing you and taking you to jail. I think we just went around in a large circle in this thread.

I like good cops. I don't like bad cops. It's really as simple as that. I want my LEOs to enforce the Constitution, not the laws that trample on it. I wish they would take a stand and honor the Oath. But I also realize that cops can't do everything, nor should they be expected to. It is up to the citizens to elect Americans to office who won't propose unconstitutional laws and it is our job to get the bad laws repealed. We all have our parts and I really do wish we could see that we should be working together, instead of bickering back and forth about the laws the anti-American federal government is ramming down all our throats.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well...back on track....William Grigg has some more in depth info on this event and it really doesn't look good. The attacker in this story has a history as a gypsy cop and a bad rep in that community. It's really too bad the prosecutor is going to let this slide. He deserves a lot more than a few days off for attempting to murder someone.

Pro Libertate: Gypsies, Tramps and Thugs

Top Bottom