• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Watched video. I am really not sure what the issue is here.

However, if you are stopped at a border checkpoint, you must hand over your DL and answer the citizenship question.

How has this been found constitutional? Even if somehow it is interpreted to be allowable under the law, I think we should all certainly agree that it should not be acceptable under the principles on which we based the law.

Stop me to make sure Im not OWI. If I feel the need to prove my citizenship I'll actually cross an international border. Inland Immigration checkpoints are unconstitutional IMHO because it creates an unwarranted "papers please" moment.

100 miles from the border is legal? Sure this wasnt a "Brazil" style typo? Not that its any more constitutional, but I could understand being able to check within 10 (not 100) miles of a border, but 100 is excessive.

imagemap.gif

What the hell, lets just make the limit 1,000 miles from the border.

That map HAS to be wrong. For example, how is the Chicago area within 100 miles of a border? Lake Michigan is fully American, not international, so the closes international border to Chicago would either have to be due north by Marquette or to its east by Detroit, and both of those are in excess of 100 miles.

Despite that, I hadn't realized that my hometown of Fort Wayne was within that no-rights region (and I think it may actually be—no error there).

10th amendment, that's a fine solution. And how's that going to occur, by magic? People don't even know what the 10A is.

There is only one thing that can save our freedom, and it is the exact same thing that is NEVER going to happen.

The public needs to wake up and give a ****.

First they need to get mad, by simply seeing the truth that has been hiding under their noses. (This is where I fit in.) Then they need some direction for how to fix things, i.e. 10th amendment resolutions.

Right now most people are unaware of the systematic dismantling of their rights. They are so ignorant they wouldn't even know what rights are, much less that they are in danger or need defending. Some are aware, but apathetic. Others know what goes on, but they make excuses and defend the abuses, and start fights with people who expose the problems.

As long as public schools raise children and people learn about politics through the television, the decline will continue towards its logical conclusion. As I said, waking them up is the only way out, and it is just not going to happen. Its too late in a lot of ways, anyway.

I organize campaigns, have an elected party position and I do my online thing. And I try to get people to prepare themselves for impact. Until the paradigm shifts or collapses, I don't see a better alternative.

Rambone, I'll admit that sometimes I get tired of all the stories you post and I often don't read them. I also often just see the headline and then think, "I bet Rambone started this thread. Let me check… yep." But, I'm still glad these stories are being highlighted somewhere. Keep it up.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    This guy had a car decked out with cameras that he uses to record such events, and has uploaded thousands of videos to the internet, and you don't see that as a "planned, staged event, designed to manipulate public opinion"??

The authorities react violently to their violence being recorded. They need to control the message.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    One of the major reasons that California is as screwed up as it is in the Law Enforcement area, is that they seem to think that the way to improve law enforcement is to pass new laws covering things that are already covered by old laws, instead of enforcing the current laws. Thus the "enforement" part is left under-funded or ignored in the rush to get new laws on the books.

Yes this is a Federal problem also, and in the case of Immigration and 'Illegals' the Feds should take the lead. AZ has moved to fill the gap in Federal action. CA has done just the opposite...push the blame on the Feds, and do NOTHING to deal with the Illegals... CHP are to ignore thousands of pedestrian Illegals jay walking the freeways in the San Diego area...School officials are instructed not to establish citizenship or residency for new students.. and other programs are doing the same sort of thing.

Pushing that allowance of the ILLEGALs, are idiots like your cameraman, making a scene to create a feeling of sympathy for the poor downtrodden Illegal... Well Hoosier Buddies, You will eat your words and thoughts when the underground society of the Illegal community extends further into our cities here in Indiana. I am already reading news stories of hit and run accidents and violation of housing codes and rental agreements here by Illegals in Clark and Floyd counties and Louisville. Ignorance is indeed apparently BLISS. So support the car-jerk, but remember my comments.
    AL

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Pushing that allowance of the ILLEGALs, are idiots like your cameraman, making a scene to create a feeling of sympathy for the poor downtrodden Illegal...

Actually when I saw the video I felt sorry for Americans who can't even drive down the road without government agents harassing them at checkpoints.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This guy had a car decked out with cameras that he uses to record such events, and has uploaded thousands of videos to the internet, and you don't see that as a "planned, staged event, designed to manipulate public opinion"??

The government routinely engages in propaganda. That said, how can you condemn a citizen for recording and disseminating what the feds hand him gift-wrapped on a platter?

How has this been found constitutional? Even if somehow it is interpreted to be allowable under the law, I think we should all certainly agree that it should not be acceptable under the principles on which we based the law.

That map HAS to be wrong. For example, how is the Chicago area within 100 miles of a border? Lake Michigan is fully American, not international, so the closes international border to Chicago would either have to be due north by Marquette or to its east by Detroit, and both of those are in excess of 100 miles.

Despite that, I hadn't realized that my hometown of Fort Wayne was within that no-rights region (and I think it may actually be—no error there).

You're being reasonable. That only works when it is accepted as the standard, and it isn't. For the purposes at hand, a border is whatever the hell they say it is, and the Great Lakes are generally considered by the .gov to be an international transportation corridor, full enclosure of Lake Michigan notwithstanding. Even without that, the .gov can (and apparently does) decree that any edge of CONUS firmament constitutes a border. The bottom line is that whomever gets to fabricate the definitions controls the law. This is why permitting the .gov to redefine language is one of my principle issues. Just think of the mischief caused by redefining 'infringed' and 'reasonable'.

Pushing that allowance of the ILLEGALs, are idiots like your cameraman, making a scene to create a feeling of sympathy for the poor downtrodden Illegal... Well Hoosier Buddies, You will eat your words and thoughts when the underground society of the Illegal community extends further into our cities here in Indiana. I am already reading news stories of hit and run accidents and violation of housing codes and rental agreements here by Illegals in Clark and Floyd counties and Louisville. Ignorance is indeed apparently BLISS. So support the car-jerk, but remember my comments.
    AL

You seem to completely miss the point. I fail to see how having a problem with inland checkpoints at which CITIZENS are harassed in the name of the realistically nonexistent effort to control illegals constitutes being an illegal sympathizer. That is like saying that if I have a problem using what is supposedly weather monitoring equipment to spy on me and my personal business, then I obviously support the sky falling. I would say that we are on the same page regarding illegal immigration. My problem is that no real attempt is being made to enforce immigration, but it IS being used as a pretext to infringe on the rights of citizens. When the .gov makes a genuine effort to control illegal immigration, I may--MAY--change my mind on this, but even then with checkpoints actually near borders, not 100 miles from any point that the most imaginative of minds could argue to constitute a 'border'. In the end, you are buying into a disingenuous argument not much different from the classic 'it's for the children'.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    The authorities react violently to their violence being recorded. They need to control the message.

some only see what they want to see

The government routinely engages in propaganda. That said, how can you condemn a citizen for recording and disseminating what the feds hand him gift-wrapped on a platter?

My post was supposed to be a reply to "Liberty"1911, and has been edited to clarify. Still gettin the hang of the new reply/quote functionality. No this was total bs and I find myself landing on Rambone's "side" on most of these issues.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Rosa Parks incident was a planned, staged event, designed to manipulate public opinion exactly as it played out. Much the same as the Scopes Trial. This guy is no Rosa Parks or John Scopes. He's just some dullard who thought it would be cute to ignore an LEO request that he thought was intrusive and paid for it with a busted window and a night in jail. As smart as you claim to be I would have thought you'd understand the difference rather than make the inane assertion that he's the new Rosa Parks.
    1. Whether or not the Parks refusal was staged is irrelevant to the point. (The fact that it was staged actually strengthens my argument anyway.) The point was that a given act of civil disobedience--staged or not--can be the spark that ignited a major societal change. The act does not need to have immediate results in order to have major results. I am at least smart enough to figure that out.

2. I didn't claim he was the new Rosa Parks. I merely commented on your "concern" that his actions had no value because there was no immediate positive outcome from them. The comparison to Parks, as I stated above, was in the timing between the act and the consequences. I don't believe his act of civil disobedience will be the turning point or even an historically significant event. But who is to say if the individual that participates in that event isn't influenced by watching the police state in action in this video.

Not everyone is as smart as you, as you like to point out in every thread you participate in.
    I'm trying not to hold it against you.

He wasn't, if I read it correctly. He was pointing out the obvious error in QuasiLiberty1911's post that the OP's incident wasn't similar to the Rosa Parks incident because the Parks incident was staged. Given the cameras rockin' and rollin' it's fairly obvious that the OP's act of civil disobedience was similarly staged.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He wasn't, if I read it correctly. He was pointing out the obvious error in QuasiLiberty1911's post that the OP's incident wasn't similar to the Rosa Parks incident because the Parks incident was staged. Given the cameras rockin' and rollin' it's fairly obvious that the OP's act of civil disobedience was similarly staged.

They were both staged. The only difference is this guy staged his own. Parks' protest was staged by somebody else and she executed it.

Pretty much the same.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Really? So the border patrol has made changes to their policies and now respect my rights as a result of this incident? Again, was anything accomplished besides the guy getting thrown in jail and his property damaged?

Ok, first of all you go by the wrong moniker. Second, civil disobedience almost always results in confinement. That's how it goes. Will good come of it? Who knows? The citizens in Boston were probably asking the same question after some of them got deaded by the British.

Top Bottom