• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just another slob hunter. I hunted for many years and never shot at a deer that wasn't a deer. It isn't that hard.
    If you aren't able to do that, sell your gun and go to the grocery.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the day(22years ago) i had a cousin in law that would come down to arkansas every year, and that idiot would shoot at anything closely resembling brown no matter how far away and he used crappy open sights on his 22-250 that was loaded with the cheapest ammo he could find. Needless to say when he stopped coming , everyone was happy. Theirs just some of these fools out their. I wear orange ALL hunting season, whether im hunting or not when in the woods.

My family would have nailed his butt to a tree.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I remember watching a trail one day, and I saw a deer in the distance, coming steadily down the trail toward me, I could clearly make out it's legs through the brush that separated us, and I could see the outline of it's body, although I couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe. I waited, as it walked closer to me, knowing that the trail would bring it into clear view shortly. I raised my rifle toward the spot where it would appear.

When it came into full view, I saw a very tall German Shorthair Pointer walking down the trail. I would say that was the closest I've come to shooting "not a deer", but really that dog was never in any danger. I guess it was just the only time I almost aimed at "not a deer".

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I remember watching a trail one day, and I saw a deer in the distance, coming steadily down the trail toward me, I could clearly make out it's legs through the brush that separated us, and I could see the outline of it's body, although I couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe. I waited, as it walked closer to me, knowing that the trail would bring it into clear view shortly. I raised my rifle toward the spot where it would appear.

When it came into full view, I saw a very tall German Shorthair Pointer walking down the trail. I would say that was the closest I've come to shooting "not a deer", but really that dog was never in any danger. I guess it was just the only time I almost aimed at "not a deer".

Foggy morning creek bottom big doe looking animal crusing the side of the creek next to the field. Raised gun but something did not look right. Neighbors farm had one of the llama looking animals get out. The ones the raise like sheep for fur. Grey like a doe. Heavy fog a little buck fever but still could tell it was the weirdest looking doe I had ever seen. Told dad he laughed said never happened. Within a couple day it walked into my uncles barn and he got it in with his cows. If that llama did not end up in the barn yard dad would have never believed the story.

A tragic story above for all involved. All of them will never again be the same.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After sunset last night, I heard several gun shots, probably on the next property over, but still pretty close to our place...I'm always so glad when deer season is over and these deer "hunters" that give hunters and gun owners a bad rep. put their guns away for another year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After sunset last night, I heard several gun shots, probably on the next property over, but still pretty close to our place...I'm always so glad when deer season is over and these deer "hunters" that give hunters and gun owners a bad rep. put their guns away for another year.

Talked to my Sister this morning. She has had to run a few off her place. Every year.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Talked to my Sister this morning. She has had to run a few off her place. Every year.

I've only had to do that once. Funny how billgerant folks can be when they're on someone else's' property. He changed his tune once I offered to have the sherrif come out and settle it though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've only had to do that once. Funny how billgerant folks can be when they're on someone else's' property. He changed his tune once I offered to have the sherrif come out and settle it though.

It is true. Last 2 years I went down to help the BIL clear some stuff and do some shooting. Both times some a$$ hat came up and said we were spoiling his hunt. BIL said good. You are on my property. They both claimed permission was had from the owner. BIL stated he was the owner and no permission was asked for or given and they needed to leave. 1st year he left grumbling. 2nd year the douche nozzle (different person) was walked off the property.
    Idiots. Buy some land.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is true. Last 2 years I went down to help the BIL clear some stuff and do some shooting. Both times some a$$ hat came up and said we were spoiling his hunt. BIL said good. You are on my property. They both claimed permission was had from the owner. BIL stated he was the owner and no permission was asked for or given and they needed to leave. 1st year he left grumbling. 2nd year the douche nozzle (different person) was walked off the property.
    Idiots. Buy some land.

Like I said elsewhere, nothing seems to bring out the derp like deer season.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    We have a local poacher/trespasser who is PART Native American that claims, because of his ancestry, he does not have to recognize property lines.

Last edited:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I think back to all of the hunting I did back in the 60's and 70's without hunter orange AND a brown hunting jacket and pants, and am thankful that I never came across one of these irresponsible idiots (I refuse to use the word "hunter" to describe them).

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I should go take a picture of the deer stand pile Dad has at his place. He doesn't allow anyone to hunt on his property, yet every year he or I go and yank a stand down where some jackass put it up. He would dearly love to have a conversation with the owner, so he hangs on to them in case they want it back. He's never had one hunter come ask for it to be returned. I guess they figure it's just the cost of trespassing.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Years ago, when I was about 10, we went rabbit hunting. It was me, my dad, his hunting partner, and a new guy who asked to go with us. We were walking in a straight line with about 15 yards between us and kicked up a rabbit. The rabbit ran behind us. We hear the click of a safety, look over at the new guy as he's sweeping every one of us, and watch him unload on the rabbit. He didn't come close. My dad goes over to him, takes his shotgun, and tells him he can pick up his shotgun tomorrow but he could leave now. That was the last time we hunted with him.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Top Bottom