• Men do you cook?

• Total voters

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I make comments about my wife being in the kitchen, but, the truth is, I do most of the cooking. I love my wife, but her knowledge of seasoning stops at salt. So, who does the cooking in your house?

I made it multiple choice so you can vote properly.

Last edited:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    My wife does the cooking because I work a 52hr week at the fire Dept and another 18 to 27 hrs at the gun shop. She appreciates what I do for my family and in return I get a home cooked meal every night I am home.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    While I voted "most", it's really about 35-40%. I know my way around the kitchen and can read a recipe, and enjoy cooking. My wife is retired, so has more time than I do; but, I get out there when I can. -- Greg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I won't vote since it would skew the results, but I do most of the cooking. The time when I don't I still wish I did because having to clean up the mess is worse than having to prepare a meal.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    During the week, my wife and I eat separate things. She cooks her own dinner. And since I eat later, I cook my own.

Weekends, we'll cook dinner together. I actually enjoy cooking. I'm a DAMN good cook.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I do all of the cooking, if I didn't I would go without. I am slowly teaching my wife how to make a few simple things, it's a slow process.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do all of the cooking and have since we started dating.

She literally didn't even know how to boil water when we started dating. Still doesn't, but she's getting better.

Pet peeve time... Water boils at 212F give or take regardless of how high you turn up the stove. Leaving the stove on HI just burns anything in the bottom of the pot.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    So, who dies the cooking in your house?

:laugh: dies in cooking

Well I don't think anyone would DIE if Brad did any cooking. I woudn't die but I might be shocked and not be able to speak if Brad did any cooking.
    His method is frozen pizza or a sandwich and maybe a can of soup. No cooking really and his favorite is a bowl of cereal. I do all the cooking and I do all the clean up.

Last edited:

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I cook if possible. Should have went to culinary school, but dont like working nights and weekends! I do most of the cooking in winter months when im laid off. Hard to cook working 60-70 hours during the summer months.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I do about 95% of the actual cooking. My wife can put a frozen pizza in the oven if we're not actually "cooking" anything.

But that's not to say she doesn't know her way around the kitchen. She bakes cakes/cupcakes/cookies as a side job. She does most of the dessert type baking, but I do almost all of the actual cooking for meal-time.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I do most of the cooking at the firehouse and likewise at my house. Days that we both have off my wife makes dinner, but since she works 2 days a week I can make dinner for the family whiles shes out.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Couldn't really vote. We are really split down the middle on cooking duties. Breakfast is her, lunch is "if you want it, make it yourself"and supper is mostly me/sometimes her. She's the "country cook" and I'm the one who cooks anything ethnic. I think the comment was made, "her knowledge of seasoning stops at salt"??? Well dude, we must have married sisters.

BTW, "Hey woman, where's breakfast??? I'm a wantin' some bacon!" :D
    :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I cook most of the time unless my girlfriend tells me that im not allowed to enter the kitchen when she wants to be the one who's cooking.
    Sometimes we cook together. :)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I did all the cooking. His ability was (and still is I'm told) limited to reheating in the microwave or cooking ramen. Or fixing cereal. Anything else was my domain

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Weekends are the only time we spend together.

Breakfast Her
    Dinner Me

Nothing better then waking up grabbing a cup of coffee and plopping down in the recliner clicking on the TV and smelling BACON cooking.

I prefer cooking, I have a wide and varied menu. She does outstanding with breakfast.

I also prefer if I do the grocery shopping because I know what I want to make and can go in get what I need and be gone, when she shops it is up and down every isle then back to the other side because we forgot something, then whild waiting in line there is always this " Damn, Mike could you run and grab...." I love doing the sprint through the store, normally I end up standing in line with one item because I didn't make it in time.

Top Bottom