• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I guess I'll vote bacon?

My wife is a full-time mom and homemaker right now, so she does most of the cooking. Come spring, I'll run the grill 3-4 nights a week at least. She'll do the prep work, I'll cook, and we both clean up.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I do all the cooking and shopping. my wife grew up with cooking being anything boiled, they had boiled steak, chicken, pork, you name it it was boiled and not even seasoned! at least some salt and pepper man! needless to say she had an epiphany once we were together.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    When my wife had quad bypass in 1996 it became cook or starve for me. She got used to my cooking and hasn't cooked a meal since.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would estimate I cook about 40% of the time, but I should be around 70% will all my wife does. I wish I could discipline myself to make large re-heatable meals on Saturday that will last through the week. Pasta dishes can go a long way in the winter.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wish I could discipline myself to make large re-heatable meals on Saturday that will last through the week. Pasta dishes can go a long way in the winter.
    That's the way to do it. My wife puts up a couple of casseroles on the weekend, and cooks them throughout the week. She'll also make HUGE pots of chili and soups and such, and freeze them in meal-sized containers. A little prep goes a long way....

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I started out doing all of the cooking since my mother-in-law never taught my wife how to cook. I still do most of it but I am teaching her how to cook and she is slowly gaining more confidence and doing better.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    she is a good cook and i love for her to cook for me ...but at the same time i love to cook and do about 65 % of the time

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My wife is a better cook than he thinks, but I jacked things up earlier in our marriage by comparing her cooking to her father's, who was chef, and my mother's. Now, she will seldom try a large meal from scratch, but will lean on MRE type meals. But, there are some things she can really knock out of the park.

The grill belongs to me! :D

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    We actually split it about 50-50 because there are some foods I cook and some foods she cooks so it depends on what we're having that day. Philly cheese steak, anything on grill, chili, green bean casserole, and whole chicken/turkey are all mine, she cooks the rest.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    My wife is a better cook than he thinks, but I jacked things up earlier in our marriage by comparing her cooking to her father's, who was chef, and my mother's. Now, she will seldom try a large meal from scratch, but will lean on MRE type meals. But, there are some things she can really knock out of the park.

The grill belongs to me! :D

Let your flag fly!!!!

Something your not telling us Que?!?!?

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do ALL the cooking for my family, and extend family. But that mostly comes from working in a kitchen as a teenage to early 20's. And working my way up to working in 2 different 4 star restaurants. Once you get that kind of experience your kind of expected to do all the cooking :-P

Top Bottom