• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Can an idiot reach a point where his exercise of a constitutional right is so stupid and reckless that he no longer HAS that right?

In my opinion, I'm going to say yes. We restrict firearms ownership to people who have possibly done less. What about the guy who got a dishonorable discharge for some seemingly harmless dereliction of duty or refusing to do as ordered.

My son got sued once for negligence operation of a vehicle because he lost control of his car and hit a guardrail and flipped his car which then got tagged by a semi-truck. No one got hurt due to his actions, but we still spent two years fighting a $2 mil lawsuit.

People who pull stunts like this are more concerning to me than the above two instances. Gun owners need to be responsible, safe and they need to think of spreading goodwill to the communities in which they live. These tacticool displays and 2A testing of police officers have never appealed to me.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is it also possible that he was an anti 2A that was hoping to elicit a reaction to further his gun control agenda? A very dangerous move no matter what his motives were ESPECIALLY in such close proximity to Wal Mart, Dayton and the Garlic Fest. But this could be the straw that tips the balance against the law abiding in the room.

If he was streaming or recording there is no doubt a trail to help determine his motives if they haven't already been published yet.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you mimic a recent shooting down to the venue and equipment used you're basically shouting FIRE in a crowded theater. That was intentional idiocy.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It will get to the point anyone open carrying will get swatted as a potential active shooter. Notice how the media isn't even mentioning the possible open carry aspect of this?

Tin Foil Hat addon: Dude is from Portland originally. Lib stronghold. Maybe Antifa ties? Or an anti-gunner doing a LARP to keep the heat on?

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Andreychenko is vehemently pro-gun, according to his social media pages.
    Widely circulated screenshots of a Facebook post reportedly from Andreychenko railed against Walmart for raising the age limit for buying a gun from 18 to 21 in February. BuzzFeed News was not able to independently verify the post was written by the suspect, as his Facebook page was made private by Friday. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...i-walmart-gun-panic-body-armor-shooting-scare

I was getting ready to post about this. Said he was just wanting to show how stupid Walmart's policy was for requiring the 21 year old limit, when he could legally walk into the store "carrying a 40" (and presumably a rifle) and nobody would say anything. Obviously he was mistaken about nobody saying anything about the rifle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OC is one thing. Carrying a loaded rifle wearing body armor right after 3 high profile shootings within the last few weeks? C'mon. That's just bat**** crazy. Who knows what his motivation was. People who are legitimately OC'ing, don't go around doing it in an intimidating way. This guy was obviously making a spectacle of himself. The firefighter could easily have shot him, and after been deemed to have reasonably feared for his life or others.

Of course the anti-gun zealots don't understand the difference between open-carrying a firearm for personal protection and being an asshat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was getting ready to post about this. Said he was just wanting to show how stupid Walmart's policy was for requiring the 21 year old limit, when he could legally walk into the store "carrying a 40" (and presumably a rifle) and nobody would say anything. Obviously he was mistaken about nobody saying anything about the rifle.

"Just to show I can" isn't a great reason to OC a loaded rifle in a Walmart. No one knew what his motives were. It shows enough disregard for rational behavior that it would be reasonable for people to think he was there to shoot people. If I see someone in a walmart OC'ing a Glock on his hip, going about his own business, shopping for stuff, behaving like any other normal person, body language, etcetera, I mean, I might think he's got really poor taste in firearms. But I'm not going to be all that suspicious to think I need to take action. But, especially given the events of the past few weeks, California, Texas, Ohio, some dude walks in with body armor, OC'ing a rifle, acting like he want's to be the center of attention, and yes. My spidy senses are gonna tingle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I see why this guy's actions were ill-advised, but I'm not among those who automatically condemn open carry of long guns in public any more than I am going to automatically condemn someone for carrying a handgun openly. There may exist different social constructs around the two actions, but on a fundamental level, they are the same in principle.

I'm glad no one got hurt.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Just to show I can" isn't a great reason to OC a loaded rifle in a Walmart. No one knew what his motives were. It shows enough disregard for rational behavior that it would be reasonable for people to think he was there to shoot people. If I see someone in a walmart OC'ing a Glock on his hip, going about his own business, shopping for stuff, behaving like any other normal person, body language, etcetera, I mean, I might think he's got really poor taste in firearms. But I'm not going to be all that suspicious to think I need to take action. But, especially given the events of the past few weeks, California, Texas, Ohio, some dude walks in with body armor, OC'ing a rifle, acting like he want's to be the center of attention, and yes. My spidy senses are gonna tingle.

Oh I agree the guy was an idiot. I had to stop in Walmart to pick up some targets on the way to the range today. I normally OC, but given the events of the last few days I untucked my shirt and covered up. Now it was in Martinsville, so probably nobody would've cared, but I figured it would be better to be proactive. And as for body armor, it didn't look like armor in the pics I've seen. Just a "tactical vest". Which is still pretty gooberish to wear just to go shopping.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh I agree the guy was an idiot. I had to stop in Walmart to pick up some targets on the way to the range today. I normally OC, but given the events of the last few days I untucked my shirt and covered up. Now it was in Martinsville, so probably nobody would've cared, but I figured it would be better to be proactive. And as for body armor, it didn't look like armor in the pics I've seen. Just a "tactical vest". Which is still pretty gooberish to wear just to go shopping.

I had read somewhere that he wore body armor and was dressed in “tactical” clothing. But anyway, he wasn’t broadcasting a harmless intent. It’s pretty weird to do what he did.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Calling his actions ill advised is giving him the benefit of the doubt. Everything he did was probably legal but as others have said, just because it's legal doesn't make it the intelligent thing to do. Guy came in the range one day with body armor on. He was what most would picture a Navy Seal to look like but the body armor made him look like the goober he proved himself to be. He was training his girlfriend and struggled to keep shots in a 6" circle at 5 yards..
    Better to be thought a goober than to prove it by putting on your body armor and AR before heading to wally world for your weekly shopping. Even if there weren't a recent shooting at Wal Mart it's an exceeding stupid idea that unfortunately reflects poorly on all gun owners.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I see low ready as a fighting position, although I don't think it's low ready until you've got hands on the rifle. That said- If the guys hand so much as brushed that rifle, I could easily articulate what I did and why to the police and the judicial system.

If it was slung over his back, he'd just be an idiot but arguably (by a good defense lawyer) within his rights. Low ready has become so popular (and unless you are in a disaster zone [hurricane, earthquake, man-made such as 90s Los Angeles or 2014/15 MO] or hunting, it shouldn't be), and yet no one has tried to popularize carrying a handgun IN YOUR HAND as an acceptable method of carrying.

Not knowing what the firefighter saw, I think it's plausible he could justify it. It's also quite likely he couldn't but due to recent events and the other guy being an idiot, I doubt the FF gets any charges.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I was buying a couple ARs today. Messaging back and forth, I suggested we meet up a local Walmart parking lot. Then said maybe that wasn’t such a good idea.

Lowe’s was fine :/

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I’m not a deep thinker like a lot of people on here but I believe it’s 50/50 this guy could have got shot. I also believe a jury of non ingo members would let guy who stopped the second Walmart shooting in as many days walk. I think I would have..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, he was lucky. I could easily some guy seeing him and thinking, bad guy, cap his ass.

If someone engaged him, right at the moment he was walking into Walmart, and killed him, how likely would it be that the shooter would face charges? I'm betting slim to none.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The crazy thing is, in this situation, you have to either support the Fireman, or the Moron... It's a catch 22 for many of us.

Top Bottom