• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If someone engaged him, right at the moment he was walking into Walmart, and killed him, how likely would it be that the shooter would face charges? I'm betting slim to none.

Im betting the knucklehead left a note in his apt incase it went south. I'm sure he told someone his intent and between that, and the video evidence, the shooter would face charges.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Im betting the knucklehead left a note in his apt incase it went south. I'm sure he told someone his intent and between that, and the video evidence, the shooter would face charges.

Smart people think that way. What indication do you have that this guys is smart?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No you don’t. I don’t support either.

Totality of the circumstances, I support the firefighter. This followed the heels of the other Walmart shooting. If there was more of a gap between, then I'd have an issue with it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Totality of the circumstances, I support the firefighter. This followed the heels of the other Walmart shooting. If there was more of a gap between, then I'd have an issue with it.
    That’s fair.

TBH, I don’t think the firefighter should be charged. But I have issues with non-Leo holding people at gun point.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That’s fair.

TBH, I don’t think the firefighter should be charged. But I have issues with non-Leo holding people at gun point.

Or LEOs holding people at gun point. :dunno:

I've only seen it done in silly TV shows like CSI where they point a gun at the suspect's face for 5 minutes, while telling him how he got caught and interviewing him.

CSI-Miami-9x05-Sleepless-in-Miami-jonathan-togo-16805092-1280-720.jpg

All that at arm's lenght away, the suspect not handcuffed, not searched or anything ... just standing there until other cops show up and finally arrest him.
    :facepalm:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Smart people think that way. What indication do you have that this guys is smart?

I didn't say smart - but he was recording the whole thing, I'd be a dozen donuts that the beginning of the video he states his intentions..

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A couple snippets from Andrew Branca's analysis of this (may be locked down if you aren't a member):
    Remember, it matters not at all that the firefighter’s perception of Andreychenko was actually correct. It only matters if it was reasonable under the circumstances.
    Remember, it doesn’t matter what Andreychenko’s intent actually was, it only matters what a jury is likely to infer that Andreychenko’s intent was.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Dmitri Andreychenko has been charged with making a 'terrorist threat'. The guy was being an intentional ass hat.

I think the guy is a plant to try and break the 2A...I call Russian collusion...purple as needed.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dmitri Andreychenko has been charged with making a 'terrorist threat'. Probably when he asked a clerk what would be the easiest way to kill 200 people. The guy was being an intentional ass hat.

I think the guy is a plant to try and break the 2A...I call Russian collusion...purple as needed.

Did he really say that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s not irrational to be afraid when you see someone all tacti-cool’d up, carrying a rifle like that, and behaving like he was. It’s not normal behavior. I think it was a reasonable action to stop the guy. I’m not all that fond of citizens detaining citizens at gunpoint. Maybe there would have been some other options. I don’t know. Maybe punch him in the face for being a dickhead and tell him to go back to his mom’s basement, COD, and cheetos, and wait for the cops there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dmitri Andreychenko has been charged with making a 'terrorist threat'. Probably when he asked a clerk what would be the easiest way to kill 200 people. The guy was being an intentional ass hat.

Did he actually do that, or at least is someone alleging that he did? If it happened . . . wow. That's being an asshat with or without the rifle.

drbob93

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    South Central Indiana
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly! What a stupid thing to do, especially with consideration for the events of this past week, not only for the 'trauma' it may have caused for a few of the shoppers, but also for the timing of it! When people are on 'alert' due to a recent and horrific event, in our country, doing even a '2A-Audit' puts him in the very stupid category!
    IMO, 'legal' doesn't always equate to 'right' in some circumstances...and IMO this fits into that category!
    I, 95% of the time, carry concealed, mainly just so I don't draw attention to myself...especially in situations where stupidity can get you killed!
    Simple common sense and a little intelligence...are both lost attributes in this country!

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately stupid appears to becoming, not only more common, but actually an accepted way of showing off among millenial snowflakes other varieties of dimwits. This puts gun owners in a bad light and gives ammo to the leftist press. Maybe he was doing a 2aAudit for Sen. Feinstein.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For a non-LEO the idea of holding someone at gun point seems like a silly idea. If they decide to run or walk away what will you do? You can’t shoot them if they aren’t a threat.

Now, I don’t think the CCWer did anything wrong. I’d have likely done the same. But to me holding someone at gun point is an empty threat for a civilian. (That being said it is likely to keep the perp from becoming violent.)

Depends on if you can articulate a serious threat or not.

If you have the suspect held at gun point, and they run, and if you can articulate a probable concern that they will inflict serious bodily harm to yourself or others - fire away.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm closer to thinking the retired firefighter was wrong after reading this.
    What leads you to that conclusion?

Bean told JEMS when the store manager pulled the fire alarm, he and his wife started to evacuate the store like everyone else. He even remembers looking back to make sure the gunman was not behind them.
    So, Bean made contact before the alarm? (doesn't say)

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    There's way too much agreement in this thread.

So... is this a case where a red flag should be applied?
    Just like Chris Cuomo, because we disagree with the guy who did it?

No. But we also literally don't have the full picture of what happened.

Now if he made a statement about the easiest way to kill people, that is NOT conversation-with-a-stranger-in-public normal or acceptable, and certainly sets off alarm bells. If it gets enough press that we can follow it, this is one I would like to see the full story on.

ETA: my app is being ridiculous this week and didn't show me the conversation that addressed the "200 people" comment. Although that doesn't much change my response- we simply don't know enough yet

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom