• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    You might routinely have more weapons than this in the car, but this guy doesn't seem harmless. I think they did the right thing to nip it in the bud.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wasn't there something about the North Hollywood Shootout (1997) where the guys were stopped and had rifles, body armor, scanners and such, then were let go....with the ensuing, famous "shootout" occurring shortly thereafter?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    There has to be a lot more to the story than what has been reported. Obviously many if not most of the members here carry more of an "arsenal" when going to shoot than the guy was carrying. I have had at least twice as many firearms and more ammo than they showed a few times, due to sighting in firearms and testing reloads etc. I haven't researched Oregon's firearm laws, but saw nothing that would be illegal in Indiana unless he was "illegal to posses firearms". I also carry a camo coverall in my van ~ used as a safety in winter in case of vehicle failure.

If there is not a lot more to the story than we are being told, Portland may be out a large settlement in a civil suit for false arrest!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He had a pistol with loaded mags within easy reach and no carry permit = misdemeanor.
    Had loaded 100 round mag for ar in back = misdemeanor.

He also made furtive (my word) moves toward the pistol when told to keep his hands up.

Top Bottom