• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Four guns. I would hate for this guy to see what I have out on range day. I personally have more than that when I travel. When I went out West some years back I had six bolt rifles, 2 shotguns with me and some hand guns. I wonder what I would have been charged with. Then I wasn't setting out side a police station with them.

The police can charge you with anything they want. When you get to court they have to prove intent. Yes it cost you money to go to court and you could have dun nothing wrong or had no intent to do any wrong.

I have no idea of what this guy was up to. It sounds like he was up to no good. I do know it's going to cost him a lot of money to stay out of jail. He may even lose his right to own a gun before this is over.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is a shame.

Some people believe he had ill intent.

So he needs put in his place.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    "He faces charges of attempted assault of a public safety officer, unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm."

Can't speak of "use" or "possession" don't know the laws there, but for a guy sitting in a truck, maybe even filming, the "attempted assault of a public safety officer" charge is stretching it pretty damn thin. I know there's a lot of cop hate going around, and LEOs have a right to be on edge, but I don't see that charge sticking if he has a decent lawyer.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Did anyone consider that he may have given a statement that has not been reported?

Let us check up thread.

I wondered that myself...The story doesn't say if the guy is a felon or anything...Only tells us half the story and the reporter was too lazy to complete it...

Need more facts, but this guy clearly had an agenda. To behave like that IMO is not normal.

I need more details. From the article, I didn't see anything that seemed to be an "arrestable offense"

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Let us check up thread.

My comment was not obviously not directed to those posts, I am agreeing with the lack of investigation for such a huge "arsenal." From years of seeing "investigative journalism," I know they can mess up just about anything.

It was meant to be a rhetorical question, I could have worded it better though.

Without a flashy headline no one reads it. If no one reads it the advertisers don't pay. To hell with getting to the bottom of it, on to the next story...

Last edited:

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Who takes camping gear to a range trip? I may spend a long time, but I have never needed a sleeping bag. Also note 'unlawful' possession of a firearm was noted. I may be the minority , but anyone charged with 'unlawful possession'- should have charges and penalties applied. Everyone wants more gun laws/restrictions , but we have enough, they simply need to be enforced. But it is still interesting that he was charged with 'intent to assault'. Never heard that before.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who takes camping gear to a range trip? I may spend a long time, but I have never needed a sleeping bag. Also note 'unlawful' possession of a firearm was noted. I may be the minority , but anyone charged with 'unlawful possession'- should have charges and penalties applied. Everyone wants more gun laws/restrictions , but we have enough, they simply need to be enforced. But it is still interesting that he was charged with 'intent to assault'. Never heard that before.
    Who is this everyone you speak of? We have too many gun laws and need to repeal them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Chief: 'Tragic event' avoided by arresting man watching police | KGW.com

Here is the affidavit. Lots of RS, but I can not see any crimes. They don't even specify his driving violations that he was supposedly pulled over for. I understand caution in the current environment of attacks on police, but this is pure precrime.

https://www.scribd.com/document/320725595/Eric-Crowl-court-documents#download&from_embed
    Well, looks like his having a pistol and mags in the center console is a misdemeanor there. The rifle seems to be a stretch to me.

$1 million bail for a misdemeanor weapons charge seems excessive.

I wonder if we will ever know what his intentions were.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry I hadn't read the entire transcript, he did actually have two misdemeanor violations.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This is a bit concerning to me. I carry a BOB and bed roll in both of my vehicles. My range bag is always in the back seat.

I have yet to film a police station but I believe THAT was the trigger....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Who takes camping gear to a range trip?

Many in the West do. If you shoot out on BLM land, you may want to turn it into a weekend.

I did the same thing at my uncle's place that bordered Morgan-Monroe near Martinsville. I camped out by a very nice cattle pond. I shot, I fished, I walked about in the woods. It was great.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Who takes camping gear to a range trip?

I do every weekend...Not a sleeping bag though as our little shack has beds, shower, etc....If you looked at my bag and gear it appears I would be camping for a few days as there is a duffel bag with some extra clothes, guns, ammo, BUG out gear, knives, camera, holsters etc....That is my weekly "range trip"....

My wife's bag looks like she is going for two weeks to Argentina......Literally a make up bag, nail stuff, a couple of outfits, etc....As she was born in LA I had to change the words a bit to this song I serenade her with as she is doing her nails on the porch....I.E. "LA is where I'd rather stay...I get allergic smelling hay...I just adore a ocean front view....Darling I love you but get me back to Malibu...."

[video=youtube;wzT1kO_-xbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzT1kO_-xbQ[/video]

Top Bottom