Mar '12 1500: I love the 1500 and I can't wait to go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    So with all the hating I had to start a love thread.

I love going. I get to see all the people. play with all the guns. The smell of fresh air and the good food. Looks like a weekend pass for me. Going Friday at open. Back Saturday with the wife and dad and then back Sunday with a friend. You might find better deals on the internet but getting to hand pick the stuff you want is always better.

Who else has love for the 1500?

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its where I made my first firearm purchase as a new resident to Indiana this past January. So it now holds a special place in my heart...err or somewhere inside.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    its were I bought my first hand gun. In Jan I bought a 1911, but it was the third time I had gone. I love going its lots of fun. I will be there this weekend in search of a PF9

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Good job OP for starting a 1500 positive thread. :yesway: rep in bound.
    I like the 1500 cause it has a lot of selections. The smaller shows just do not have what the 1500 offers. :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I like going because you can handle a large amount of guns without having to ask the guy behind the counter. Where else can you hold so many guns without driving all over town?

I don't think the food is that great, but I have been known to eat it from time to time :-/

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So it now holds a special place in my heart...err or somewhere inside.

In your wallet? :D

I seem to go to every second 1500 and enjoy the adventure. I do try to avoid the worst of the crowds, but it is more about seeing all of the stuff than saving $10 on a case of ammo. If that was the case, I'd save the time/effort and buy online.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I always like to go and look around and say hi to those vendors I've gotten to know. Sadly I can't make this one :(

But I'll probably be at the one in June again

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I like going too! I wish all the "The "I hate the Indy 1500 I'm never going back" thread" people would JUST QUIT GOING AND STOP COMPLAINING!

There is always something to buy that you just don't see around town. I will be visiting the knife lady and some of our other vendors! Rep inbound for whoever started this thread.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    When I started going to the 1500 you could still smoke in the building. It was a haze of smoke, gun oil and AWESOME.
    Can you imagine what the haters would have thought of that.
    Not sure how they think they can survive an apocalypse when they can't survive a few hours with a few other people.
    Maybe they should stay home and buy on the Internet so they don't risk human interaction.
    Any event you go to you will be around crowds of people perhaps not like you. It's your choice to go or not.
    The 1500 is a fun time.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i love the 1500. i dont see why everyone posts how much they hate it, then go to the next show and post how much they hate it. you would think if folks hated it that much they just wouldn't go

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm going this Saturday (I know, I know, NOT Saturday). Haven't been to one in about 4 years and am looking forward to it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I like it if for no other reason it irritates the whiners enough to make them whine and show their arses.

I'll be there Saturday. With my son's stroller. Though this time he probably will actually be in it.

Last edited:

POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    I like going because i order things from the venders like i ordered 2 holsters from Stoners and told them instead of shipping it to me just take it to the gun show and i would pick it up and save postage also if i don't like what i ordered i don't have to take it that way also who can't keep from fondling all of those guns

Top Bottom