Mar '12 1500: I love the 1500 and I can't wait to go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cscheurich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Attica In
    i am planning on going saturday mornin does anyone what the cost to get in is its been a few years since i have been to the 1500 been to busy but i have time this year

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I love the 1500. Gives me a good reason to get up early and out of the house on a Saturday morning. You can't beat it for being able to handle as many guns as possible at one place to find the best fit.

I have found a couple good deals over the years. Even if I come home empty handed, for $10, it's about the same cost as going to a movie.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Love going, hate working a table at it. I've seen both sides. Don't be the idiot who breaks down one of the vendors guns and pulls out a wire brush.... you know who you are!

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    There are times when I really like to go, and others when I don't want to deal with it. There are lots of time that I'll go even if I don't want/need anything, just because I find it's good intertainment if I have nothing else to do.

That being said, if the weather is descent this weekend, I'll probably be out shooting, working on the bike/house/yard, or one of the other many things I been putting off till the weather was nice.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I'm excited for it. I only go at most twice a year and its a fun outing with friends and I usually come home with something. Nice to get to be a gun person for a while too and talk about gun etc with people.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    This coming weekend marks the one year mark since my foray back into the gun world. So this is a *special* 1500 for me. I have been to three 1500's total now. And aside from the idiot who ND'd at the June show last year, all have been great.
    :ingo:

<insert "way back machine" music>

Ahh, I remember it like it was yesterday. Crisp March morning, belly full of pancakes from IHop, the excitement of my first gun show welling up inside. Cash in the pocket for my first hand gun, it's gonna be a good day.:)
    Arival 9am, wait in line not so bad ~15 minutes. Then thinking once inside, OH Crap! what do I do, can I just pick up and fondle the guns, do I need to ask if can see one. Damn it why didn't I ask about proper eiquite before hand. :n00b:

Ok, got my bearings back, wandering around, getting bumped into by everyone else in the place not so bad... Oh wait, whats that over there a glock 19? Oh I want to see it, if only this group of smelly guys would get out of my way...oh oh I can almost reach.... Damn it due why are you buying that gun I wanted to look at it.

Oh well on to the next table, whats this thing do?... No I don't want to buy a replica lord of the rings sword... Whats that smell?... I don't need any of that junk, I just want to buy a gun. Oh look at this one, Holy Crap, you really want that much for it?.... keep searching.

Found it! I have to fill out a 44 what?....Am I mentally what?....I don't think I have ever been convicted of that..... Aproved! Yes!:rockwoot: My first pistol, Taurus 24/7 LS/DS .40cal (shut up haters). Nice.... Now find ammo. Then wandering around, "No I don't want to sell you my gun, I just bought it." "Dude, if I had a Glock I wouldn't sell it to you, can't you read the side of the box?" Ah, found some ammo... "no I just bought it!"

Off to Atterbury to put some rounds through it.... Wait, you're closed? Damn it!:xmad:

w35t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    ^ lol, i hope my experience is slightly less frustrating, looking for new or close to new fn9, xd9, p250 9, usp 9, stuff like that, for a good price, should be plenty to pick from

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    ^ lol, i hope my experience is slightly less frustrating, looking for new or close to new fn9, xd9, p250 9, usp 9, stuff like that, for a good price, should be plenty to pick from
    The last show there was a dealer who offered me an FN9 brand new in the box for $400 cash out the door.....I really wanted to do that but I refrained since I hadn't done my research on that particular model ahead of time

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I am getting ready for the show; I promise not to shower until Sunday, carry a long gun over my shoulder and sweep the barrel of all guns I handle over as many people as possible. ;)

If you see me, just say hi (call me Indy Joe). :ingo:

Seriously, I want to go but only have a slim chance for Sunday.

With much love,

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I can't go on Friday or Saturday, I end up going back on Sunday and spending more $$$ on whatever I talked myself out of during the initial visit!

Sunday is the deal day for me anyway... less for the dealers to carry home! And I'm always happy to help them carry something!

Hands on
    Supporting small local business
    Easily compare pricing on common items
    Usually knowledgable advice
    Freak show
    Nut stand
    What better way to spend a few hours?

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm planning on going Friday. Guns/prep are something that me and my brother actually have in common, so we go together at least once a year. I don't mind paying the fees for some brother time..

EddieV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    I'll be there...if i can cross something off the wish list then cool...if not it will still be fun looking around!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Here is a novel idea for the 1500 haters. If one does not like the Indy 1500... Then don't attend. Seems so simple.:D

stevep48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I haven't been in a while, have a 12 pistol list of wanna touchs.
    I can't wait.
    OK, "dumb" question.....should I take cash instead of plastic?
    Does it really make that much diff on a purchase of say 450 to 550 range?

Top Bottom