• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the underlying issue of concern is that to be a "legal citizen" you must understand english (fluency) as part of the process to getting the credentials. Then, to purchase a handgun you must have a valid state ID. So if he doesn't understand english enough to understand the form, you can only assume that he has not completed the process and so how is it that he has a state ID?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against anyone wishing to move to this country to make a better life for them and their families SO LONG AS they abide by the legal process to do so. I'm also glad to hear that an immigrant wishes to take part in our second amendment. I've worked with guys from various other countries. All were "legal" immigrants who abided by the process to become a citizen and who HATE that others are allowed to come here with total disregard for the legal process. They feel that it's a double standard and seem to demonstrate much more disgust for it than most natural born Americans I've come across. It's such a great example for your very first act in this country to be an illegal one thus making you a criminal, although the government doesn't provide enough "legal backing" for LE to do anything about it.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The person was filling out the form and was going to have a NICS check performed. I don't see any real problem, unless he fails the NICS check and the dealer sales the gun to him anyway. other than that whats the problem. :dunno:

And, just for the record there are exemptions that allow people to take the U.S. citizenship test in there native language. Study for the Citizenship Test

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I saw these two guys. The english speaking guy was the one filling out the form. I didn't see the whole buy as I was in the middle of a purchase myself but it looked like a possible straw purchase to me. I don't know which one of them signed the form.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The person was filling out the form and was going to have a NICS check performed. I don't see any real problem, unless he fails the NICS check and the dealer sales the gun to him anyway. other than that whats the problem. :dunno:

And, just for the record there are exemptions that allow people to take the U.S. citizenship test in there native language. Study for the Citizenship Test

Actually, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services you must take an English test to become a citizen. It doesn't matter if there is an available version in another language you must prove a level of comprehension of the english language.

USCIS - Citizenship

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the underlying issue of concern is that to be a "legal citizen" you must understand english (fluency) as part of the process to getting the credentials. . .

But it should be noted that you do NOT have to be a US Citizen to buy a gun in the USA. You simply have to be a legal resident.

I have a Canadian friend who moved to the US with his guns. He now holds a carry license and buys guns here, but is not (yet) a citizen of the United States, he lives in Washington state.

We have at least one INGO member here who is not a US Citizen, he is from the UK, he has an Indiana LTCH and has purchased guns in Indiana. Again, not a citizen, just a legal resident.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    But it should be noted that you do NOT have to be a US Citizen to buy a gun in the USA. You simply have to be a legal resident.

I have a Canadian friend who moved to the US with his guns. He now holds a carry license and buys guns here, but is not (yet) a citizen of the United States, he lives in Washington state.

We have at least one INGO member here who is not a US Citizen, he is from the UK, he has an Indiana LTCH and has purchased guns in Indiana. Again, not a citizen, just a legal resident.

:yesway::yesway::yesway: Rep inbound

I'm glad some people here know the difference, processes, "loopholes", etc. I was aware of the difference and fishing for others. :+1:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So then the question becomes: should a "permanent resident" of the US be granted/"not denied" the Constituational rights such as the 2nd Amendment, or should such rights require actual "citizenship"??????:D

"Citizenship" basically grants a person access to all rights of that of a natural born citizen such as being able to vote, where as "permanent residence" does not...for anyone who was unaware of the difference

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I knew that.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Actually, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services you must take an English test to become a citizen. It doesn't matter if there is an available version in another language you must prove a level of comprehension of the english language.

USCIS - Citizenship

Unless you are 50 or older, then:

• You may be permitted to take the civics test in your native language, but only if your understanding of spoken English is insufficient to conduct a valid examination in English.

Top Bottom