• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Bob at PSS is great to deal with. His 10% above cost pricing is why he sells so many guns. He told me at the last 1500 gun show he sold a gun every 2 and a half minutes. He always has enough guns in stock to fill up the tables. I dont understand how anyone at the 1500 could miss his table. He had close to 20 tables full of guns. He has forgotten more things about guns then most people will ever learn about guns. Thats why he is one of the best in the business.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Bob at PSS has vest prices hands down and he is great to deal with. Very surprised PSS didn't win ingos gun shop of the year. Not to take anything away from Bradis because I like them too but Im assuming some of those voters haven't ever dealt with bob....hands down he is best in Indiana.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Last time in the PSS shop, I found a 3-pack of XD magazines. Probably leftovers from the XD deals last year... but whatever, it was a decent price. Then after going through the used holster box I found an XD paddle holster. I asked Bob how much for the holster, and he looked at it and said $10. OK, I said, then when he rang me up he took $10 off the marked price of the magazines. I didn't even have to ask.

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    PSS

Yes, I always recommend Bob to people asking where to buy. Some of the best prices and no bullcrap. Good guys.

Terry

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Another plus 1 for PSS. Bob is a old salty dog that tells it how it is. I have found his prices to be the best. If you want the best prices and straight forward answers go to Plainfield Shooting Supplies. If you wana be stroked go somewhere else cause Bob tells it how it is. I personally respect the straight forward no bull kinda answers I get from Bob. It may not always be what you want to hear but you do get direct straight forward answers.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    In January you were there and didn't see he "Booth" or know what it cost him and you want o to get all his guns there and want to call bull**** LOL

I'm just saying, to "have $3000 tied up in rental space" (according to you) he would have had a 33 table set up! I don't recall seeing anyone with that many tables!
    I DO know what it costs, and I'm in no way putting Bob down! I was simply responding to your claim above!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Hmmm. Trying to remember, since I don't go and "count" tables when I go to the show.

When you walk in the door, walk straight ahead as you're walking through the door, and his set up would have been just on your left, before you go into the next room.

I'd say he had at least a dozen large tables, maybe 14? 6+- up one side and 6+- down the other. Packed with guns.

I notice people who frequent other shops get very defensive when someone says something even closely negative resembling their shop. Touchy :) It is what it is, a gun shop with the best prices.

Geez, next time I go, I gotta count tables.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, I don't count either, except the one I work at. Just saying, I think I would notice if anyone had 30-33 tables! That would be a huge booth!

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I guess I have found a few better prices at that other place but it was on crap I didn't want anyway. Bob always has the best prices on the HKs I want.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I like that he doesn't try to push you into anything either. If you want to buy a cheap gun, he'll sell you a cheap gun with his version of a smile on his face.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I like that he doesn't try to push you into anything either. If you want to buy a cheap gun, he'll sell you a cheap gun with his version of a smile on his face.

Exactly. He'll sell you what you want, and if you want his opinion he'll give you taht too, but only if you ask. I like going in.... makes me wish I made more money though. lol

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have done business with Bob for over a decade. I recently drove from my new home in Evansville to Plainfield to buy a rifle from him, and it was well worth the drive. He is that good, and he, his family, and staff are truly outstanding people as well.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'm just saying, to "have $3000 tied up in rental space" (according to you) he would have had a 33 table set up! I don't recall seeing anyone with that many tables!
    I DO know what it costs, and I'm in no way putting Bob down! I was simply responding to your claim above!

That's what came out of his mouth. I also said the cost of getting everything there because they bring every gun in the shop. I believe in Jan he also had half the aisle I did not go this last weekend. He may have had 2900 but rounded up. Like I put in my cost alrental and cost to move everything down there. Thanks!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like to spread it around a little. I think I purchased a gun from every dealer in the Indy area except Don's, imagine that. Just purchased a 22/45 target model from them at the 1500. They had exactly what I wanted, and it was the only one of those they had! And got a Marlin .22 rifle several years ago. They have always treated me right.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think that Bob is the only person I have ever purchased a gun from while at the 1500. I have passed on to friends that go without me to check PSS before they buy from someone else, because I know I can trust him to have the other places beat in price.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I hate that he is so far away but the 10% over cost thing makes you wonder why others don't do that to rather then going for the score on every gun. I will drive an hour for a good place and did more then once to a shop I liked. I will make the trip over there regardless to see the place for myself.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Great shop! I just bought a Glock 35 from Bob and as always I got a great deal and he also gave me 10% off all the extra magazines I bought also. You can't go wrong there and you can even have Bob sing at times when a song comes on he likes on the radio.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I have been looking for a new M&P9 and haven't been able to get to the 1500 but a friend did. Plainfield blew away everybody else with their price and if I can't make it to the show I will make the trip over there in the near future to buy from you. It is nice to see a gun dealer at the 1500 not trying to rake people over the coals and they are a brick and mortar shop as well. It sounds like the 1+ hour drive each way will be worth it from all the good things I have heard.

last few 1500's i have been looking at the M&P's also and found PSS to have the best prices on them.

I was in there Tuesday, and he was out of .40 M&Pc's (backup gun). They always seem to have M&P's in stock (except Tuesday). Bob goes 10% over, he won't haggle with you there. Also, gives a good price on trade-ins.

Top Bottom