• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I did. At 1am. I checked the weather forecast and like I said, I didn't think it was gonna be bad where the event was gonna be held. This is a 2 way approach, not just on the participant's part.

And in regards to questionable weather, for me it's wasn't a questionable one and obviously it wasn't for the OP too since it wasn't posted. FNS would post about whether it's gonna happen or not pending the weather. FNS isn't as big as the WVPPS and it's communicated better than this.

Not to worry, my friend. PM me your digits and I'll txt you next time a match I am attending gets cancelled. I did the communication work years ago and continue to do so. I'm happy to hold your hand happygunner. ;)

mildot1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Mattoon, IL
    Well I'm not very happy about the cancellation either! I am an hour behind Indiana so was on the road before the info was out, even stopped and picked up a new shooter on the way. Yes I did try to check INGO but it was down.

I hold COACH personnally responsible for this entire fiasco. He should have willed the weather to be sunny and 60, sent out cancellations by mental telepathy, been there to console us who showed up and were sent into a downward spiral of mental depression upon hearing the news.

This is probably the absolute worse thing that has ever happened to me and I fear I shall not recover!

I think I will keep *****ing until coach gets fed up and says"I don need this crap" then quits and since no one else wants to do it the entire deal goes down the crapper, then we won't have to worry about the whole damn mess.

Someone please text me the number to the suicide hotline!
    Mildot

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    5th Saturday is not possible. ACT has two bays rented already. Looks like it will have to be April.

Bummer. April it is.

Happygunner, sometimes things don't work out. Sucks to waste the gas, I understand, but there was a standing offer to carpool. I notified everyone who was carpooling with me. The more involved you become, the easier it gets. Jump in...

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Bummer. April it is.

Happygunner, sometimes things don't work out. Sucks to waste the gas, I understand, but there was a standing offer to carpool. I notified everyone who was carpooling with me. The more involved you become, the easier it gets. Jump in...

Would love to but being it a sunday, I can't really rely on my waking up skills. Is that you Marcel? On the avy?

Not to worry, my friend. PM me your digits and I'll txt you next time a match I am attending gets cancelled. I did the communication work years ago and continue to do so. I'm happy to hold your hand happygunner. ;)

Aww....I'm touched. But I'm not into brokeback stuff. :D

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well I'm not very happy about the cancellation either! I am an hour behind Indiana so was on the road before the info was out, even stopped and picked up a new shooter on the way. Yes I did try to check INGO but it was down.

I hold COACH personnally responsible for this entire fiasco. He should have willed the weather to be sunny and 60, sent out cancellations by mental telepathy, been there to console us who showed up and were sent into a downward spiral of mental depression upon hearing the news.

This is probably the absolute worse thing that has ever happened to me and I fear I shall not recover!

I think I will keep *****ing until coach gets fed up and says"I don need this crap" then quits and since no one else wants to do it the entire deal goes down the crapper, then we won't have to worry about the whole damn mess.

Mildot

The above post, is IMHO, one of the best I have ever read.

The sarcasm, is splendiferious!

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is not Marcell.

Happygunner, just a FYI, your not making very many friends. This entire sport is done on a voluntary basis.

Thanks to everyone who works to make this sport as successful as it is!!!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    The above post, is IMHO, one of the best I have ever read.

The sarcasm, is splendiferious!

agreed.

I've been shooting since 2009 and I am positive this is the first one ever cancelled by WVPPS. God knows we've shot in some ridiculous conditions, but never snow or ice.

BTW...it is Litlratt's job to control the weather...someone forgot to remind him. He is old you know.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    This is not Marcell.

Happygunner, just a FYI, your not making very many friends. This entire sport is done on a voluntary basis.

Thanks to everyone who works to make this sport as successful as it is!!!

Haha, sorry, can't really tell from the Avy.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    dead-horse.gif

Are we done yet?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One would think you'd be a nicer person if that were really the case. :laugh:

This is why I am in that jam. What I want to do and what I am supposed to do are not in line with each other. I should be nicer, but I am constantly pissed because I don't want to be this nice.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Mildot

Everyone can go ahead and wet their pants and I will take the blame for that as well.

Nice post.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Now I'm pissed,
    I missed some of the best trash talking in quite a while and It wasn't at match.
    Mildot I'm going to save that post right next to the email coach sent me when I was talking myself into a 40 single stack. That is some good stuff.
    Happy gunner if you stick around I'm sure we will shoot in some weather that will make you question our sanity. I know I have questioned mine a few times in the last couple years.
    Coach made the right call, attempting to shoot on icy bays is just asking for trouble.
    I'm sorry the 5th Saturday didn't work out I was looking forward to the match,see you all next month

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's almost funny hearing someone that only drives from Indy to a match complaining about the drive... You are in the MIDDLE of all of the match locations, it's not like you drove 4 or 5 hours ONE way to find a match cancelled.

There are guys that come from Louisville, Illinois or way up north the the excellent matches Coach and crew host.

The match got cancelled, it sucks.... Would you be on here *****ing if it got cancelled due to lightening during the shooters meeting? Sh... happens.

Top Bottom