• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    a beer with dinner is not a comparison to "blazed out of your gord"...what about a "bowl before bed"..thats a better comparison...in reverse thats like comparing the drunk that chugged a bottle of kamchatka to a guy who smoked a doobie before the concert...not equal in comparison in any way

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    As an old LEO I say that marijuana is FAR less troublesome than alcohol.

I had to fight drunks on a regular basis. I never had to fight anyone who'd been smoking weed.

real talk...ever show up to a domestic violence call with the wife bawling her eyes out and saying "hes so high on pot right now, he only does this when he smokes that marijuana stuff!"?...i doubt it...thanks for being one of the good leo and for keeping it real Sanders.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    One joint has the equal amount of tar as 20 cigarettes.

People who drink can have one or two beers with dinner and not be drunk or even drink to get wasted. Weed smokers oth, set out to get blazed EVERY time they spark up. Otherwise, what's the point?

You are inhaling a burned carbon into your lungs which, btw, is the fastest way to get a substance into the human bloodstream.

who knows what that weed has been fertilized with or sprayed with. Clickums anyone?

alcohol has a measured amount of decay/metabolism in the human body that can be calculated. Weed, well how do you measure the potency, amount smoked, amount of time held in the lungs being absorbed or the effect on one person to the next?

hahahahahahah so much fear and ignorance there. Ever heard of a Vaporizor or bubbler or a bong? And I know more then a few people who just smoke a bit to level out or relax a little to get through the day instead of get Rasta-stoned-I-cant-feel-my-face high

Though I really do think the whole reason with weed being illegal is all political and also has something to do with the big Phrama companies. I go to school at IU, and I've seen first hand the abuse and addiction potential and interactions with alcohol and negative effects of perfectly legal drugs that are prescribed like Xanax, Valium, and amphetamines like Ritalin and adderall. I have a buddy who had a rough childhood and was prescribed xanax as a kid and became addicted to it, then crashed his car at school and went home to drug rehab they told him it was wrong to smoke weed(which arguably leveled him out more and has less side effects then xanax) and prescribed him more xanax

I think the problem with drugs in my generation is not people who drink and smoke weed and occasionally even do coke recreationally. Yeah, there is some outside addiction possibility, but thats different then an entire generation of kids who from the time they were in middle school forward have been doing drugs, doctor prescribed or otherwise just to feel "normal". Its not weed as a "gateway drug" but people like that from what I have seen that make people serious drug users.

Hell from what I seen, I would rather my kids smoke weed then be on Prozac, Xanax, Valium or whatever chemical solution phrama companies come up with. But I think the rub is people have to be brought up to face their problems instead of use a substance as a temporary fix and that there is a difference between causal/rereactional use of a drug and dependence and problem usage.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    After working outside in the heat, would I rather have: a) a marine-cold beer, or b) a joint?

That really isn't a question.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Back when I was in Florida, we did a lot of fishing offshore. The ice in the cooler would melt a bit and the constant movement of the boat would slosh the ice and water. A marine environment, hence "marine-cold".

Florida jargon, I guess. You land-locked soybean farmers wouldn't know.:):

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    hahahahahahah so much fear and ignorance there. Ever heard of a Vaporizor or bubbler or a bong? And I know more then a few people who just smoke a bit to level out or relax a little to get through the day instead of get Rasta-stoned-I-cant-feel-my-face high

Though I really do think the whole reason with weed being illegal is all political and also has something to do with the big Phrama companies. I go to school at IU, and I've seen first hand the abuse and addiction potential and interactions with alcohol and negative effects of perfectly legal drugs that are prescribed like Xanax, Valium, and amphetamines like Ritalin and adderall. I have a buddy who had a rough childhood and was prescribed xanax as a kid and became addicted to it, then crashed his car at school and went home to drug rehab they told him it was wrong to smoke weed(which arguably leveled him out more and has less side effects then xanax) and prescribed him more xanax

I think the problem with drugs in my generation is not people who drink and smoke weed and occasionally even do coke recreationally. Yeah, there is some outside addiction possibility, but thats different then an entire generation of kids who from the time they were in middle school forward have been doing drugs, doctor prescribed or otherwise just to feel "normal". Its not weed as a "gateway drug" but people like that from what I have seen that make people serious drug users.

Hell from what I seen, I would rather my kids smoke weed then be on Prozac, Xanax, Valium or whatever chemical solution phrama companies come up with. But I think the rub is people have to be brought up to face their problems instead of use a substance as a temporary fix and that there is a difference between causal/rereactional use of a drug and dependence and problem usage.

Very nice post sir. It's funny how people are so conditioned to hate marijuana but don't get upset (at least not upset enough to post about it) when big pharma is testing OxyContin on children.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Back when I was in Florida, we did a lot of fishing offshore. The ice in the cooler would melt a bit and the constant movement of the boat would slosh the ice and water. A marine environment, hence "marine-cold".

Florida jargon, I guess. You land-locked soybean farmers wouldn't know.:):
    Sounds cold enough for me. Wish I had one now.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmmm. If I take a lb of marijuana and a lb of grain alcohol, place each into a large jar, sit them on a shelf and watch them long enough, I wonder which would be the first to cause trouble? Seems the only way to determine which is "worse". I'm betting they'd both remain pretty harmless sitting up there. Either contains the ability to turn a human being into a complete moron, but I'm not sure the blame lies with the substance in that scenario.

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just my personal opinion here but i honestly feel this pot legalization is going to be good for tax revenue. It's wishful thinking but is hope the tax revenue brought from this could alleviate some of my other state taxes. I think the substance should be treated as alcohol as in no driving under the influence, no use in public or under the influence in public. yada yada yada. It's a touchy subject but I feel people could use this as responsible as alcohol.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    One joint has the equal amount of tar as 20 cigarettes.
    ?

From the NIH itself:

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

While cannabis smoke has been implicated in respiratory dysfunction, including the conversion of respiratory cells to what appears to be a pre-cancerous state [5], it has not been causally linked with tobacco related cancers [6] such as lung, colon or rectal cancers. Recently, Hashibe et al [7] carried out an epidemiological analysis of marijuana smoking and cancer. A connection between marijuana smoking and lung or colorectal cancer was not observed. These conclusions are reinforced by the recent work of Tashkin and coworkers [8] who were unable to demonstrate a cannabis smoke and lung cancer link, despite clearly demonstrating cannabis smoke-induced cellular damage.

Furthermore, compounds found in cannabis have been shown to kill numerous cancer types including: lung cancer [9], breast and prostate [10], leukemia and lymphoma [11], glioma [12], skin cancer [13], and pheochromocytoma [14]. The effects of cannabinoids are complex and sometimes contradicting, often exhibiting biphasic responses. For example, in contrast to the tumor killing properties mentioned above, low doses of THC may stimulate the growth of lung cancer cells in vitro [15].

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hmmmm. If I take a lb of marijuana and a lb of grain alcohol, place each into a large jar, sit them on a shelf and watch them long enough, I wonder which would be the first to cause trouble? Seems the only way to determine which is "worse". I'm betting they'd both remain pretty harmless sitting up there. Either contains the ability to turn a human being into a complete moron, but I'm not sure the blame lies with the substance in that scenario.

Having been around many of both varieties over the years, I'm going with this. This is spot on. Morons are morons. Get a moron drunk and he's still a moron. Get a moron high and he's still a moron.

That said, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would rather be in a room full of potheads all smoking weed than a room full of drinkers all getting drunk. I've been in both, many many times, back when I was younger playing in local rock bands. I saw lots of fights between drunk people, but I cannot truthfully recall ANY time seeing potheads get violent with each other.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I for one do not care for alcohol or drug use. I have had my fair share of party days, as I am sure many have, so I know first hand the damaging effects. 80% of my family back home work (sometimes) solely to pay for "booze" or "pot". They are worthless degenerates to society and do nothing but complain that they "work to hard". Furthermore, I have a few [STRIKE]friends[/STRIKE] people I know that cannot seem to pay their bills on time, filed bankruptcy, never have any food in their run down apartment, or gas to go anywhere; yet always have a dime bag or some larger amount of Mary Jane sitting in their possession.

If the powers at be want to legalize this crap, then they need to legalize violence on the ones that get behind the wheel to drive around. I spent Christmas 2008, New Years 2009, my Wife's birthday, had my grandmother who was dying of cancer make a 100 mile one way trip to see me, 13 pints of blood later, 9 hours in surgery, I was hanging on by shear stubbornness that I refused to die....ALL because some jackass decided to get behind the wheel of a car after smoking it up and drinking, running a red light at over 65mph....greeting my drivers door with a life changing impact.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I for one do not care for alcohol or drug use. I have had my fair share of party days, as I am sure many have, so I know first hand the damaging effects. 80% of my family back home work (sometimes) solely to pay for "booze" or "pot". They are worthless degenerates to society and do nothing but complain that they "work to hard". Furthermore, I have a few [STRIKE]friends[/STRIKE] people I know that cannot seem to pay their bills on time, filed bankruptcy, never have any food in their run down apartment, or gas to go anywhere; yet always have a dime bag or some larger amount of Mary Jane sitting in their possession.

If the powers at be want to legalize this crap, then they need to legalize violence on the ones that get behind the wheel to drive around. I spent Christmas, New Years, my Wife's birthday, had my grandmother who was dying of cancer make a 100 mile one way trip to see me, 13 pints of blood later, 9 hours in surgery, I am hanging on by shear stubbornness that I refuse to die....ALL because some jackass decided to get behind the wheel of a car after smoking it up and drinking, running a red light at over 65mph....greeting my drivers door with a life changing impact.

This past Christmas?!?!?!

I'm certainly glad you survived and hope you're on your way to a full recovery.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've read a bunch on pot. The economical uses are staggering. from rope to clothes to paper, etc, but same argument can be made with alcohol, the uses for it are great. The people i know who use pot are way more calm and lethargic, as opposed to most people i know who drink a lot, they are pretty wild and crazy. We are filling our prisons with people who have a plant in their pocket while murders get reduced sentences because jails are full. The prison lobby is also a huge issue, i've done a lot of reading on that, as its actually in the interest of them to keep weed illegal as they profit from tax payer funding. I think the best way to do it is legalize it, make the penalty for drunk or high driving absolutely outrageous, or any other violent act that involves the substance, make the penalty extremely severe.

Top Bottom