• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My theory is that if their drug of choice were legal it would also be both plentiful and cheap. That combination leads to a self correcting problem pretty quickly.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    What is the sentencing guidelines if convicted of 2- Felony 6 counts and 1 Class A Misd.? What kind of time you looking at? Most and Minimum?

I caught a guy with 2 ounces of meth in June. He was sentenced to 3 years. He served 51 days and the rest was dismissed for his guilty plea on a F2 of dealing.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I caught a guy with 2 ounces of meth in June. He was sentenced to 3 years. He served 51 days and the rest was dismissed for his guilty plea on a F2 of dealing.

Insane....totally insane! I think we should put them on chain gangs and maybe they would change their ways.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What is the sentencing guidelines if convicted of 2- Felony 6 counts and 1 Class A Misd.? What kind of time you looking at? Most and Minimum?
    Depends on the whether they are all part of one case, whether they are all part of one criminal episode of conduct, and whether any are crimes of violence as well as other potential aggravating factors. Level sixes are six months to 2 1/2 years and an A misdemeanor is 0 to 365 days. Whether they can be run one after the other depends on the above factors.

How much executed time (if any) they actually get will also largely depend on what county they occurred in.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Depends on the whether they are all part of one case, whether they are all part of one criminal episode of conduct, and whether any are crimes of violence as well as other potential aggravating factors. Level sixes are six months to 2 1/2 years and an A misdemeanor is 0 to 365 days. Whether they can be run one after the other depends on the above factors.

How much executed time (if any) they actually get will also largely depend on what county they occurred in.

Well, he has 2 felony 6's and a Misd. A all in Marion County. He got these charges(all drug related) 3 weeks after getting busted in Hendricks County for Cocaine and hit and run. Hendricks County found in their hearts to dismiss his Possession of Coke accepted a plea for hit and run. They released him on time served in work release(where he also had a violation). He also has a violation in Marion County.

Our courts are a friggen joke! Is it any wonder we have crime running rampant? I think as soon as he kills someone, perhaps the prosecutor, judge and work release should be sued for endangering us all.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Well, he has 2 felony 6's and a Misd. A all in Marion County. He got these charges(all drug related) 3 weeks after getting busted in Hendricks County for Cocaine and hit and run. Hendricks County found in their hearts to dismiss his Possession of Coke accepted a plea for hit and run. They released him on time served in work release(where he also had a violation). He also has a violation in Marion County.

Our courts are a friggen joke! Is it any wonder we have crime running rampant? I think as soon as he kills someone, perhaps the prosecutor, judge and work release should be sued for endangering us all.
    Unless there is something exceptional on his case(s) I wouldn't hold my breath on Marion Co. level 6s getting much if any up front executed incarceration. Maybe on a violation, but once again very fact dependent.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Unless there is something exceptional on his case(s) I wouldn't hold my breath on Marion Co. level 6s getting much if any up front executed incarceration. Maybe on a violation, but once again very fact dependent.

The individual I was speaking of was released 2 days ago from Work Release, he is now on life support and clinging to life after od'ing. They will never learn.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The individual I was speaking of was released 2 days ago from Work Release, he is now on life support and clinging to life after od'ing. They will never learn.
    The system usually corrects itself. I hate to say it, but unless the dude wanted to get off the stuff it wouldn't matter how long they locked him up.

I frequently see people spend 1-2 years in the DOC's drug rehab prison who go back to using within months of being modified out.

They are way past withdrawal, they have been clean for over a year, they know they go back into DOC genpop if they use, but they do...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The system usually corrects itself. I hate to say it, but unless the dude wanted to get off the stuff it wouldn't matter how long they locked him up.

I frequently see people spend 1-2 years in the DOC's drug rehab prison who go back to using within months of being modified out.

They are way past withdrawal, they have been clean for over a year, they know they go back into DOC genpop if they use, but they do...

I think a lot of that is because DOC is a vacation to them. A lot of people become drug addicts in prison. Maybe if we put them back on chain gangs for 14 hour/7 day weeks at say .17 cents an hour.....they wouldn't be so excited to go back. We instead give them work releases & diversion programs where they can come and go, have family days out, jobs given to them, free rent and food, medical care...blah, blah, blah. Heck, why straighten up? I say if they are worthless, let's at least make em work for their keep.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I think a lot of that is because DOC is a vacation to them. A lot of people become drug addicts in prison. Maybe if we put them back on chain gangs for 14 hour/7 day weeks at say .17 cents an hour.....they wouldn't be so excited to go back. We instead give them work releases & diversion programs where they can come and go, have family days out, jobs given to them, free rent and food, medical care...blah, blah, blah. Heck, why straighten up? I say if they are worthless, let's at least make em work for their keep.
    I don't know if you have ever been in a DOC facility, but "vacation" isn't how I would describe it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't know if you have ever been in a DOC facility, but "vacation" isn't how I would describe it.

Certainly not to you or I but to some in our society it certainly is. No worries about being shot, where your next meal will come from or the need to pay a utility bill to keep warm. For a lot of people in prison I'd be willing to bet their stress levels are significantly lower while in. There must be some explanation as to why so many don't seem to mind going back in. Some even get to have kitty cats, not sure of that privilege is restricted to cop killers or not though.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Certainly not to you or I but to some in our society it certainly is. No worries about being shot, where your next meal will come from or the need to pay a utility bill to keep warm. For a lot of people in prison I'd be willing to bet their stress levels are significantly lower while in. There must be some explanation as to why so many don't seem to mind going back in. Some even get to have kitty cats, not sure of that privilege is restricted to cop killers or not though.

The cat thing pisses me off, it seems to be limited to death row. I know Michael Overstreet has one, despite his been unable to be executed because he believes he is already dead....

How anyone feels about being in DOC probably depends on where they are in the food chain, I don't know if that is really changeable though.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Thankfully no I have not been in one. I have had some friends who spent time on the farm at Putnamville long ago and have a friend in Pendleton doing 70+ years, he has been there 15-20 years. The guys on the farm liked it because they were carpenters before inmates, so they worked building picnic tables for state parks. I also had 2 different guys I knew real well who spent time at Terre Haute white collar federal pen....I guess that is a vacation.

I wasn't really thinking about the hardcore criminals but more like the drug addicts at local level that make up the revolving door.

Top Bottom