• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good morning Indiana. I would like to respond to Jake's posting about the Indiana Friends of NRA Banquets. It is true some of the events were canceled or postponed as a result of rumors spread in the beginning concerning the State Gaming Commission arresting volunteers at events. I will say this one more time***THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! These rumors were started by people who didn't have a clue what they were talking about. The Commission has been nothing but helpful to us on this issue and we are doing what we need to do to comply with the law. I want ALL Indiana gun owners and Friends of NRA supporters to understand that we are continuing with our events and the NRA HAS NOT turned it's back on you! Indiana is one of the strongest States this mighty country has and this has been an unfortunate problem caused by rumors. You should be extremely proud of all of your hard work supporting the shooting industry and the shooting sports. Many worthwhile programs are assisted by the Friends of NRA in the form of grants that are awarded every year due to the strong participation at the Friends of NRA Banquets. For the record, in 2010 Indiana was awarded three major awards for accomplishments acheived as a result of your participation. "Highest Attendance", "Highest Net Income" and "Highest Acheivement" are coveted awards that I accepted at our annual winter training. Major John Crone, my partner in Indaina held the events in the first six months and I followed him finishing up the year. Everyone that supports our banquets should be proud of Indiana Friends of NRA. The banquet committees are made up of devoted volunteers that put on top notch respectable events that are family oriented and a lot of fun. We welcome anyone that would like to become a part of this great organization. It is one of the most worthwhile groups you could ever be associated with. So, climbing off my soap box, I would like to challenge anyone to join a Friends of NRA Committee and see it from the inside. You will be impressed at the devotion these people have. These Gaming rumors were a slap in the face of your fellow Hoosiers who are giving so much of themselves to give you the right to enjoy your shooting sports. To those who have not attended a banquet, please do and look me up. I'd be glad to welcome you to become a committee member. Thanks for the opportunity to respond,
    Steve Teutsch
    NRA Field Representative
    Indiana
    Friends of NRA.org

I had been a member of the NRA for many years. Never heard of the Friends of the NRA until two years ago when a friend of mine was invited to an event while he was at a gun shop. Always assumed it was invitation only organization like Freemasonry. I guess any NRA member can attend?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Steve,

Thanks for your input. The miscommunication that occurred when the Gaming Commission ordeal began was indeed unfortunate and it did cause several committee members to quit (I'm related to 2 of them.) We've enjoyed the events now for 3+ years and will continue to do so. I hope the number of shows in the Indianapolis area will return to what it was 2-3 years ago.

TopDog - you don't even have to be a NRA member to attend.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    When you click on any buy ticket button it says "Online tickets unavailable.
    Click here for other events." So I guess that means every event is sold out? Or do you need to contact the person in charge of the event directly?

Follow the link I posted, find a Friends event near you (the one in Carmel is October 20), call Steve, and he'll take care of you.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    This is a bad situation, my wife and I are with the Johnson County committee and we also decided to cancel our banquet for the same reasons! This is simply another method for our government to fight against gun owners but the only ones they are hurting are the youth such as my group Johnson County 4-H Shooting Sports. The FNRA has given us $3,000 to $3,500 a year now for several years and thus allowed us to let ALL youth in including those whose parents could not afford any fees we may need to charge. This is going to hurt a lot of clubs out there and something needs to be done, I personally am sending letters to my elected officials including the Gov.! But the big issue now is replacing this very important money we probably will not have next year as I seriously do not want to turn away any youth that wants to learn firearm safety! So looks like I am going to get back into the fund raising programs! By the way our club had a membership roster this year of 140+, and they said this club would never make it!

msuspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Keep at it and thank you for doing the job you do. I too have sent letters to our elected officials and you would think with as many guns are owned out there the officials would try harder especially since many gun owners are older. 'Older' spend money.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom