• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Poo-pooing and pissing makes me weary too, especially when I'm getting up 2 or 3 times a night. I just blame it on old age. ;)

I can identify with the peeing. I hear that’s just a part of it. But if you’re doing the other multiple times per night, I think I’d be making an appointment with my doctor. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can identify with the peeing. I hear that’s just a part of it. But if you’re doing the other multiple times per night, I think I’d be making an appointment with my doctor. :)

Mainly just the peeing, but once I get up and start moving then... well, "other" things start moving. :): But by then it's usually time to get up anyhow.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    MAYBE outside Marion County. Inside Indy, you are screwed for 18 months+. Their rule is any firearm that enters the property room must go through ballistic tests to make sure it isnt tied to a crime. Get hit on your motorcycle downtown and they take your pistol for safekeeping while you are sent to the hospital? You wont see that gun again for close to 2 years due to testing backlogs. Luckily some officers will go out of their way to get the gun to next of kin/friends so it doesnt have to go downtown because they understand how stupid it is.

There are even stories of INGO officers trying to help speed up the process by going and talking to the folks responsible. That doesnt even help. Hell, I remember one story where the gun was ready to be released, it just needed to get signed off by the supervisor butit was just sitting. When the officer asked for her to sign it so the INGOer could come pick it up, he was pretty much told to pound sand... it was on her desk and she would get to it when she was ready to do so. Nothing would speed up the process.

So what happens when they have an obsolete firearm in an oddball chambering for which ammunition is no longer available? How would they do the ballistic testing in that case? Do you just never get that gun back?

Kudos to those helpful officers who try to prevent guns from going downtown to the property room!

Top Bottom