• ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    NOT NECESSARILY. . .

According to a law review journal article by award-winning criminologist Don Kates and several physician co-authors,
    Even more unfortunately, CDC and other health advocate sages build their case not only by suppressing facts, but by overt fraud, fabricating statistics, and falsifying references to support them.[261] The following are but a few of the many examples documented in a recent paper co-authored by professors at Columbia Medical School and Rutgers University Law School.
    GUNS AND PUBLIC HEALTH: EPIDEMIC OF VIOLENCE OR PANDEMIC OF PROPAGANDA?

Good post, as a researcher myself we don't want the CDC anywhere near gun research. All the research centers right now at major universities are usually funded by the likes of the Joyce Foundation (who Obama was a board member of) an anti-gun group in surprise Chicago. There's still a lot of gun research that comes out but it is always slanted way left and the conclusions often spurious. For example an article just came out about campus carry and how students do not support it. However there were only two schools surveyed, one in Houston and one in Washington state (hardly bastions of conservative views). The results were 10% for and 20% against. The trick is we don't know what happened to the other 70% (at least the abstract didn't indicate it). It was a fairly simplistic study which looked like somebody's Masters thesis most likely, but being it was negative toward guns gets published. This was in I think Dec's APHA.

D.R.C 2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Good post, as a researcher myself we don't want the CDC anywhere near gun research. All the research centers right now at major universities are usually funded by the likes of the Joyce Foundation (who Obama was a board member of) an anti-gun group in surprise Chicago. There's still a lot of gun research that comes out but it is always slanted way left and the conclusions often spurious. For example an article just came out about campus carry and how students do not support it. However there were only two schools surveyed, one in Houston and one in Washington state (hardly bastions of conservative views). The results were 10% for and 20% against. The trick is we don't know what happened to the other 70% (at least the abstract didn't indicate it). It was a fairly simplistic study which looked like somebody's Masters thesis most likely, but being it was negative toward guns gets published. This was in I think Dec's APHA.
    exactly! Its like hiring Fat Albert to think of ways to get rid of candy. The CDC will "find" what the dictator wants them to. There are very rough times ahead.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    To the OP, not necessarily as he did say he is putting it to congress to renew or come up with a version of the famous, useless clinton stupidity which didn't stop the massacre at Columbine, and he specified a ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

Getting it through congress is another thing.

At least he called them magazines!

But he called the AR-15's and etc "assault rifles" which is the incorrect definition instead of the media defined "assault weapon" :noway:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I haven't read or heard all of what obummer said today but I didn't hear anything about a specific ban on anything .

Unless I missed something it seems these last few months have been a bunch of hoopla over absolutely nothing .

Let's stop buying anything gun related for a week or two and make the prices drop back to normal .

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Dear Congress:

Attached are twenty-three things I want y'all to do something about.

Thanks, Barry

P.S. I'm gonna tell the liberal nut-huggers it was your fault when nothing changes. I signed Executive Actions?! :):

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Imagination

There is nothing Obama could have said today which would have suddenly made a bunch of ARs miraculously appear on the market. Demand has exceeded supply to the point that we are now in the midst of the Great AR Drought of 2012-2013. What do you think would happen if your LGS had 50 ARs in stock tomorrow at prices 25-50% higher than a month ago? I think a bunch of guys who cried about "price gouging" would be knocking down the doors to get one and they'd sell out as quick as they can do the background checks.

Nothing will be any different at the 1500. If there are any ARs for sale there, they will be guns dealers have held back just to sell at the show at higher prices or guns for sale by private "entrepreneurs".

I hope I'm wrong!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I haven't read or heard all of what obummer said today but I didn't hear anything about a specific ban on anything .

Unless I missed something it seems these last few months have been a bunch of hoopla over absolutely nothing .

You have got to be kidding me. He called on congress to instate an assault weapon ban, magazine restrictions, and end private gun sales. It isn't over, it's just begun!!!!!!!!!

I'll say it again....

If you feel relieved after today's events, you aren't applying your gradeschool civics lessons to real life. Did we "avoid" anything today, sure, POTUS could have modified import restrictions, and maybe some other things under EO, but these are executive orders he is signing, not new laws. EO's affect how the exective branch does it's job of executing laws. I guess many were assuming he would try to circumvent the process and create new law. While I don't put that past any POTUS, he knows there are lots of eyes on this.

what he did is initiate the process for new legislation for an AWB/mag restriction and end to private sales by making a request to congress. That's what a POTUS CAN do to create new law.... make a request. We know Feinstein has an answer to his request ready to go and it will most likely be introduced to the senate next week.

What we saw today was the process initiating. NOW is the time to strap in and get to work. I had been holding off on my letters / calls to congress until I saw what the POTUS' request to congress looked like, and what the legislation would look like. NOW we have something to fight.

We haven't "won" anything yet. The fight was just announced.

-rvb

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    You have got to be kidding me. He called on congress to instate an assault weapon ban, magazine restrictions, and end private gun sales. It isn't over, it's just begun!!!!!!!!!

I'll say it again....

THIS ^^^^ Stay Diligent!! Keep writing, calling, and supporting the people that need it.

Top Bottom