• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KT0317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Paoli
    Can someone explain to me the reason for a 50 post requirement before being allowed to post in the marketplace?
    This just seems a little ridiculous/weird to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you read the rules and no it is not ridiculous.

We have good reasons for this.

Read the rules as requested when you joined please.

Here......the link.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is a forum first and foremost, not a classifieds site. The classifieds are a perk for contributing members. This is how it doesn't turn into Armslist. You can either get to 50 quality posts, or pay up and become a site Supporter. All of us had to deal with it.

It also helps us get to know a little bit about who we are dealing with.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Can someone explain to me the reason for a 50 post requirement before being allowed to post in the marketplace?
    This just seems a little ridiculous/weird to me.
    The marketplace is a perk of being a part of the community. 50 posts is the arbitrarily set, but reasonable, number of posts that they've decided. The point is that INGO isn't a gun market place, it's a gun discussion forum.

If you check out the FAQs (Literally one of the stickies in this subform: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/forum-rules-forum-tips-please-read-before-posting.3865/) you can read about it. If you want, you can pay $20 (or more!) to become a site supporter and gain early access to the classies. I was intending on hitting my 50, but when I saw a Sig I wanted to buy, I ponied up the $20 so I wouldn't have to :puke:into a bunch of threads to reach 50. There is a lot of work and money that goes into making these forums. (By the way, word vomiting into threads is a great way to be reset back to 0).

It's a pretty nice place. Read, lurk, contribute and hitting 50 isn't so bad. A lot of good information on here, and people willing to answer questions. If you don't want to do that, at least contribute by becoming a site supporter.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Rather than starting a new thread for this you could just post in this one.

KT0317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Paoli
    Jbombelli and JEBland thank you both for your courteous responses explaining this a little better.
    To everyone else yes I discovered this site because of the marketplace, I have lurked around reading posts every week, though I find a lot of them interesting to read I’m not one to post on places like this. This is actually the only forum I belong to.
    Again Jbombelli and JEBland thanks.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Seriously...if you have been a member of the forum for almost a year, how could you NOT know this rule and why it exists?
    HaHa.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jbombelli and JEBland thank you both for your courteous responses explaining this a little better.
    To everyone else yes I discovered this site because of the marketplace, I have lurked around reading posts every week, though I find a lot of them interesting to read I’m not one to post on places like this. This is actually the only forum I belong to.
    Again Jbombelli and JEBland thanks.
    Seriously, if you allowed someone to come into your house and they didn't like your rules, how would you react?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom