• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I still shoot the 1911 my uncle carried in Korea and the Nam. Shoot it today and it still runs just fine. It is a bit clunky compared to my Colts, Springers and Para's but is shoots straight and has very few if any issues. It still has the springs that were in it when I got it. I learned to shoot pistol with this very gun. I have seen as many stove pipes, FTF's FTE's and more from Glocks as from any 1911's I own. They are all machines, made by men and will have issue if you shoot them often enough. I totally understand the cult following of the 1911. I do not understand the Glock thing. I do not knock it as they are good reliable pieces but just butt ugly in my humble opinion.

PS...please, do not point your glock at me in anger as I know it will work.

dans43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    I agree with Churchmouse. I have had my 1911 since 1965 and it is still my favorite out of 23 pistols.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The choice of professionals.

Says something, doesn't it?

That a 1911 made by one company and tweaked the same for contract purposes is going to be a lot better than an off the shelf random gun with no real specifications to meet?

Of course it does. :):

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I still shoot the 1911 my uncle carried in Korea and the Nam. Shoot it today and it still runs just fine. It is a bit clunky compared to my Colts, Springers and Para's but is shoots straight and has very few if any issues. It still has the springs that were in it when I got it. I learned to shoot pistol with this very gun. I have seen as many stove pipes, FTF's FTE's and more from Glocks as from any 1911's I own. They are all machines, made by men and will have issue if you shoot them often enough. I totally understand the cult following of the 1911. I do not understand the Glock thing. I do not knock it as they are good reliable pieces but just butt ugly in my humble opinion.

PS...please, do not point your glock at me in anger as I know it will work.

Amen.
    They're cheap and they're reliable but they are not superior when compared to JSOC modified 1911's for Tier 1 and 2 operators. Those models have mods costing upwards of $7,000 if not more). Those are models used for Tier one hostage rescue. Take a look at Wilson Combat 1911's as an example. :patriot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My one and only beef with that is that specific model should be called M1911A2. ;)
    Oh, and for $22mil, they should have an EGA on there somewhere! :D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Its about time something happened with this. When I was in we were still using the 1911, and although the Beretta is a nice gun, it still comes down to the cartridge to me. If it has to be "ball" ammo, it better weigh 230 grains, otherwise your just peeing in the wind.

Top Bottom