• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I remember it well too! Making Reubens on a propane stove in the back of my car, and standing around that big propane heater you had. And you're right, that was the last year for waiting in line all night. And we were only 5 people from NOT making it in I think!

Man I forgot about thise ruebens!!!! I will be over in about an hr for one tonight. Lol

We showed up about 430pm on new years eve and were about the 30th membership given out the next day if I remember right.

Good time for sure. You need to get down to the house and check out the new shop and shoot some toys.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I’d be afraid to hazard a guess. I guess it depends on how many members they have that have friends that want to join. I had planned to participate in the auction but since that also requires a sponsor I guess I’m staying home. I guess I need to work on being more personable lol.

I remember a few years ago a friend from work went when they did the camp out. He said he got there what he thought was very early and there was already more cars than there was openings.

Any guesses on how many will be there tomorrow, or what the auctions will go for?

as much grief as the club gets I don’t see many appreciating that 25 are simply a raffle with no markup and five are auctions for 4H donations.

They could easily milk new members for an initiation fee but do not. I haven’t met really anyone in management but Roger is very helpful and the place is always in great shape and has low annual fees. Gotta love it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    9:16, about 60 here now. Presumably at least half are sponsors

edit: 9:45 and getting loud in here. So much excitement. Maybe 125 now

Last edited:

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Wow, 25 memberships done in about 16 mins. The meeting started immediately at 10am, very punctual.

$2100-$2300 I think on the auctions

=================================================

Hoosierdoc is correct...we had 20 new memberships by drawing from about 80 submissions...each got their membership for the new member cost of $175 ($125 membership + $50 one time electronic gate card expense).

The auction for 5 additional members netted over $11,000 with over $10,000 of that going to Morgan County 4H Shooting Sports after deducting for regular new membership cost. It was a good day for 4H.

Welcome 25 new members...you will get your electronic gate cards in about 30 days.

Roger for the Board

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I cannot speak to the limit, but two additional large shooting bays were added in addition to the 300 yard rifle range over the last few years. It would make sense to increase membership as capacity has increased.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    =================================================

Hoosierdoc is correct...we had 20 new memberships by drawing from about 80 submissions...each got their membership for the new member cost of $175 ($125 membership + $50 one time electronic gate card expense).

The auction for 5 additional members netted over $11,000 with over $10,000 of that going to Morgan County 4H Shooting Sports after deducting for regular new membership cost. It was a good day for 4H.

Welcome 25 new members...you will get your electronic gate cards in about 30 days.

Roger for the Board

Wow! That is awesome to have raised that much money.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just to play Devil’s advocate, I wonder how many of the 500 members never use the range but choose to renew annually ?

Not really devils advocate, just a question. It is their right to not use the membership.

I think it would be interesting to see a graph of the gate access Logs based on days of the week and hours of the day. Would help me know when to go to avoid crowds.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'd like to find a range like that. I used to belong to FCVCC but didn't renew a couple years ago. Hopefully I'll just get some land and make my own.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not really devils advocate, just a question. It is their right to not use the membership.

I think it would be interesting to see a graph of the gate access Logs based on days of the week and hours of the day. Would help me know when to go to avoid crowds.

I've found it's usually not crowded on days ending in "y". ;)

Top Bottom