• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I saw some guys post that they were going to camp out, but I thought they were joking. I wonder how many slots were taken by INGO members?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I saw some guys post that they were going to camp out, but I thought they were joking. I wonder how many slots were taken by INGO members?

I plan to hit the Martintucky range in a while. My coworker has a friend who went up to try n get in; but, I'm not for sure of the results yet.

Looks like a cooler range day, and I'll bet it'll be packed.

I usually try n get up early so I can set some stuff up to drill, I'm not much of a plinker as I don't have the time for it.

But today, the first day of a new and volatile year..... I feel like sounding off my 2A rights.

:patriot::ar15:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I got there around 6:15 or so and was like 41st or 42nd. Whoever had the duty of going down the line saying it was filled up said they had the most ever renewals. I was disappointed obviously but wouldn't been really torqued if I was there early enough to be #23 :) guess I'll give it a go again next year if we're still here.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I'd like to meet you up there later Q, but I'm sick as a dog right now.

For those of you that got in, Congrats. To those of you that did not, try again next year, it's worth the wait.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

#6 :D INGO!

I thought about going around 10-midnight, then thought I might be a little obsessive. The wife & kids planned to join me & were excited about it & prepared food, snacks, etc.
    When we got there a little after 3 & saw 5 cars ahead I didn't feel so crazy, felt a little nervous since I didn't know how many spots were available & didn't know how many were in each car in front.

I missed it last year & was pretty determined to get in this year.

I also greatly appreciate the patience of the director that put up with my emails last year as I kept following up on it.

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    congrats to the luck few

We went down at about 1:30 and ended up 4th in line. They first guy in line was there at 8:30 last night. I work with him and he was texting me all eve. Plus he pulled down by the gate and was stuck. Without help from a wrecker, He wasn't going anywhere but in, .

Figured it didn't matter if we got there at 1:30 or 3:00 either way a nap was going to be needed today!
    We got Spot number 4. My brother showed up at 6:00, he missed out this year. Now the question of the day, who as #23 and what time did he get there?

Seems like a rough way to get in, but you only have to do it once. I'm already a member I went down with my Niece. She's in the Army Guard, and also doing ROTC!. She needs a place to practice!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    We went down at about 1:30 and ended up 4th in line. They first guy in line was there at 8:30 last night. I work with him and he was texting me all eve. Plus he pulled down by the gate and was stuck. Without help from a wrecker, He wasn't going anywhere but in, .

Figured it didn't matter if we got there at 1:30 or 3:00 either way a nap was going to be needed today!
    We got Spot number 4. My brother showed up at 6:00, he missed out this year. Now the question of the day, who as #23 and what time did he get there?

Seems like a rough way to get in, but you only have to do it once. I'm already a member I went down with my Niece. She's in the Army Guard, and also doing ROTC!. She needs a place to practice!

What a great uncle...nice job! Please, thank her, for me, for her service. Glad she got in.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    I'm a former member of Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club [MSCC]. It really is a fantastic facility. It has very nice ranges and the board has worked very hard to make it a great place. That being said its membership cap and procedure for trying to get a new membership is nuts. As someone who has been on the board of and helped run shooting ranges/ conservation clubs I can tell you that there are ways to manage the membership, grow responsible shooting, and grow the club without creating chaos. Having 150 people lined up at the gate when its likely known that the club doesn't have even close to that many memberships available is ridiculous. It's the board of MSCC's show and their format seems to work for them. But I have to ask, what could the facility be like if it allowed more membership and tried to restrict membership through other methods. I.E.- require a safety class, require volunteer time, or some other format that actually improves the club even more. Not only would it improve MSCC, but it would also positively grow shooting in a time when more people are shooting and we all need them doing it in a positive, responsible environment. Instead the club turns away money from people that will likely be there twice a year and could stand to be surrounded by people that know what they are doing when they are there. Seems counterproductive to me. But, as I said, it's a great facility that is run by volunteers that are working their @sses off. I just personally don't care for how the club handles its membership.

As for me, I'll continue to use MCFG for most of my shooting needs. I'll use ProTEQ for anything I can't do there.

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I got there at 6:45 and was 41st in line. When they let people know the membership was full at 7:55 I counted 76 cars in line. Sounds like they could charge more and expand the facility if they wanted to.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Congrats to the people who got in this year, although it sounds like not many had a chance. I wonder how many of the 22 open spots went to INGO members?

This is my 3rd (maybe 4th) year as a member, if I ever decide not to renew I'll have to auction off my spot ;)

Hopefully the bowling pin shoots will be back this year. I shot in a couple the first summer I was a member but never made it to one last season. Anyone know if they are doing the pin matches this year?

Top Bottom