• ...and so much more!
  • DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Don't know yet!

As far as I know no board member has been to the club. We plan to send an e-mail closing the ranges until someone can check them out.

As for me I am safe and dry on top of the hill. Had a bit*h of a time getting home from the IN state match. Couldn't find a way in until this morning about 7:30. But I have been out and it looks like there has been a bunch of damage.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Tried to get out to the range today. The road is flooded right past the Taco Bell. From the looks of the debris on 37, Martinsville got hit pretty bad. 2 traffic lights along 37 going into town (heading north) were both out. I feel kinda bad for the poor LEOs having to wave traffic through all day.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    B-ton Herald Times was reporting that Burton Lane was closed/flooded as of yesterday. Given how close the creek is to the club I would think there might be some damage. Would love to hear an update as soon as someone knows something.

Lol--just got an email from the club saying that it's temporarily closed and the Bowling Pin match this Saturday is cancelled. Let's hope that there's not much damage and will be reopened quickly!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Club is closed

Everyone,

Just to give you my bona-fides I am the club secretary. I was at the club this morning. We suffered a pretty good amount of damage. the road going back to the ranges has washed and the creek has made the road very narrow in places. We have a couple of slide from the hillside that will not allow vehicle passage until they can be cleared. The fence and gate is down. There is a slough on the dam and the list goes on and on. We are trying to organize and see what we can get done. I will try to keep everyone posted. I am thanking everyone for their patience in this matter and please know that we want the club open as soon as possible but only if there is not danger to our members. Thanks to you all.

Doug Barnes

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Sorry to hear that. I'm a (new) member and haven't even been to the club yet.

I own a debris removal company (1-800-Got-Junk?) Let me know if I can help. I'd be willing to take away any large debris you may have, gratis of course. Shoot me an email or pm.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Message Coming

Guys,

The Board met Saturday. There will be an e-mail coming very shortly. Once it has been sent I will post the details here. We are working to get repairs made as quickly as possible in order to get the club open.

Doug

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    The Club is Open!

Everyone,

The repairs are complete! At the board meeting last night it was decided to open the club up today. There will be an e-mail going out on Monday.

I won't tell you that you can't tell that we got damaged but we are back in business in less than a month since the flood happened.

Happy 4th of July to all!:patriot: :draw::do2:

Doug

Top Bottom