That's a LOT of seizure teams.

Recruiter-1775.png

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    He understands that these bills are pushing things into dangerous territory:

He didn't have a problem with Md banning 80+ firearms.
    He didn't have a problem with having the get a handgun qualification card.
    He didn't have a problem with Md being a Shall Issue State.
    He didn't have a problem with Md having a 10 round magazine limit..
    I can go get n and f necessary.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    He didn't have a problem with Md banning 80+ firearms..
    That was not in either the video or article, Where do you get this from?
    He didn't have a problem with having the get a handgun qualification card..
    He didn't have a problem with Md being a Shall Issue State..
    He didn't have a problem with Md having a 10 round magazine limit...
    I can go get n and f necessary.
    I haven't a clue what this is supposed to mean.

At least alabasterjar only made a single unsupported claim about this sheriff. You should be ashamed of yourself. Some people really need to learn who their allies are and how to not stab them in the back.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

At least alabasterjar only made a single unsupported claim about this sheriff. You should be ashamed of yourself. Some people really need to learn who their allies are and how to not stab them in the back.

I think what Clay Pigeon means is that this Sheriff didn't feel compelled to speak up when Maryland passed all of the other guy control measures they currently have in place. And no, not all of them are called out on the article.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Clay Pigeons claims are self-evident. I am stating that he stabbed the sheriff in the back and doesn't have a single piece of evidence to support his claims. Do you?

Does anyone on INGO actually know what this sheriff said or thinks about these other issues created by the Maryland legislature or has it become the standard to assume that 2A supporters in a state support restrictions that the government created?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I should be ashamed, I'm from Maryland, I grewup and was educated in MD, I own property in Md. I would suggest you spend some time learning about Md's laws befor running off the mouth.
    34 years in LE and just now he makes a statement, lol.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Please read the article. The sheriff that you just slandered is a 2A supporter and was informing the legislature of the possible results of this legislation.
    Slander? Tell me how I'm misinterpreting this direct quote from the Sheriff?
    "Lewis has worked in law enforcement for 35 years. He said he was not opposed to every piece of gun legislation that has been introduced to the Maryland General Assembly. Rather, he only raises issue with the bills that would “further encroach or infringe upon law-abiding citizens’ right to bear aarms.”

Is it a good thing he's finally taking a stand? Yeah, but if you've looked into Maryland's gun laws, I'm not sure how you can come to any conclusion but that he is 35 years too late.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, have you "taken a stand"?
    Are we fighting against the government because of any of the gun control acts, or other laws?
    So, obviously if he is "bad" because he's just now had enough, then it follows that "we", including "you" are bad for allowing this much.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Clay Pigeons claims are self-evident. I am stating that he stabbed the sheriff in the back and doesn't have a single piece of evidence to support his claims. Do you?

Does anyone on INGO actually know what this sheriff said or thinks about these other issues created by the Maryland legislature or has it become the standard to assume that 2A supporters in a state support restrictions that the government created?
    Well, since I already quoted the good Sheriff once, let me paraphrase this time: "I've been an LE officer in Maryland for 35 years, and I've got to tell you, I have NO problem with the fact that Maryland doesn't recognize permits from ANY other state. I'm good with the fact that if you are fortunate enough to get a permit (I.e. well connected), you are a felon if the magazine carries more than 10 rounds. I have absolutely no problem with the fact that ALL handguns must be perpetually registered with the state. Totally ok serving in a "May Issue" state. But these new laws??? Well, THAT is where I'm drawing the line".

Don't lecture me on reading the article...I can read just fine.

Last edited:

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Well, have you "taken a stand"?
    Are we fighting against the government because of any of the gun control acts, or other laws?
    So, obviously if he is "bad" because he's just now had enough, then it follows that "we", including "you" are bad for allowing this much.
    Fair to call me out on this, for sure. I have been vocal about existing/proposed gun legislation at the state and national level for years. I've not been consistent, for sure. But I also have not supported 34 years of $#!++!%@ on the 2nd Amendment, only now to come out as a white hat for liberty. Maybe in 5 - 10 years, I will be able to look back on this post and say "you know what, I was wrong about this guy... He really did stand for liberty". But one stand against unconstitutional laws after 35 years of being ok with trampling the 2nd Amendment does not convince me.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think we want MORE LEOs to be on our side.
    Yelling at him for not "starting early enough", do you think that will make more, or less LEOs do that?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sheriff Lewis was elected in 2006. Before that he was MSP for 22 years and retired to Wicomico county before running for office.

https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/n...eriff-mike-lewis-second-amendment/3026528002/

Has Lewis been critical of gun laws before?

Yes.

In a 2014 video and print interview with a student journalist, published to YouTube, Lewis says he's no fan of government intervention in limiting the constitutionally protected right to possess firearms.

"As long as I'm the sheriff in this county," he says in the video, "I will not allow the federal government to come in here and strip my citizens of their right to bear arms. I can tell you this, if they attempt to do that, it would be an all-out civil war, no question about it."

Has Lewis been in the national media spotlight before?

Yes.

During the 2015 Freddie Gray protests in Baltimore, Maryland, after a man died in police custody, Lewis and fellow deputies responded to the city to provide assistance.

During two interviews on Fox News' "Hannity" show at the time, Lewis was candid on how the protests and unrest was handled:

• "When we got there (to Baltimore), I was told by a number of senior officers, commanding officers, who were delegated authority throughout the city that we had orders to stand down, that orders had been given to stand down."

• "They're very fearful that if they go out there and be proactive –– which we all should be doing in law enforcement today, we can't afford to be reactive. Especially in urban areas. Those officers are no longer being proactive and as you see, the violence has surged."

In 2016, Lewis criticized President Barack Obama in the wake of the July 7 fatal shooting of five police officers in Dallas, Texas, by a gunman who allegedly claimed his action was in retaliation of separate killings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota by white police officers.

"I'm holding Barack Hussein Obama responsible for what's going on in the country," said an emotional Lewis. "It's his attitude to law enforcement; he clearly does not like law enforcement."

Top Bottom