• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Do you care more about voting or making your little statement at the polling place?

I have no intention of not voting, that is the reason for going to the polling place. As I said in another post in this thread if my options come down to put on a mask or be forced to leave by an LEO I will put on a mask and vote. The camera is simply to get any officials representing the state on record that they would be willing to keep someone from voting, despite meeting all legal requirements to vote, if they don't cover their mouth with a piece of cloth.

I do not intend to make it an ordeal or make a show out of it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Now that early voting is here does anyone know if you can be removed from a polling place for not wearing a mask?

I looked at the 2020 polling place manual issued by the state and did not see masks mentioned.

I do not intend to wear one, and I will be wearing a bodycam to document any polling officials or officials of the state that intend to make it a requirement to cast my ballot.

Anyone that has early voted, what has your experience been?
    I voted at the Johnson County courthouse a week ago. NAKED...no gun, no mask. Had a good conversation with the deputy at the metal detector, seemed like one of the good guys!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm not saying that there couldn't be a valid claim here....but do we think that no one has brought or has thought of bringing a lawsuit about the mask order? That's not really plausible.

...and if anyone is wondering, our "emergency order" statute is different from Michigan's.
    Maybe because no one has been denied a right yet!?
    You’re the expert, but if one was not allowed to vote just because they decide to not wear a mask, you don’t think they’d have a good suit?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So if you wear a Trump mask it would create a real dilemma.

Take it off.
    Put it on.
    Take it off.
    Put it on.
    Take it off.
    Put it on...

buttercat.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I love my rights, but it does kind of seem like you are trying to make a show of it.

”Catch an official rep”? What is your end game? To practice your rights or provoke a reaction?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I love my rights, but it does kind of seem like you are trying to make a show of it.

”Catch an official rep”? What is your end game? To practice your rights or provoke a reaction?

Really just to see how far they would take it. Will they deny someone their right to vote if they don't wear a "mask?" Its a shame its even a question, but with the dictator we have for a govenor I won't be surprised if they do just that.

Hopefully my experience will be the same as several others that posted of no problems.

I truly hope there won't be any conflict whatsoever.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I had decided before going in. I was not wearing one!

You don't HAVE TO WEAR A MASK TO VOTE. It is requested you do, but you don't HAVE TO. No Indiana Voting Center can keep you from voting if you don't wear a mask.

The Poll Workers are REQUIRED to wear a mask.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Big deal. You don't HAVE TO WEAR A MASK TO VOTE. It is requested you do, but you don't HAVE TO. No Indiana Voting Center can keep you from voting if you don't wear a mask.

The Poll Workers are REQUIRED to wear a mask.
    And....?
    we already know this ^^^.
    did you have a problem with my post to goon?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe because no one has been denied a right yet!?
    You’re the expert, but if one was not allowed to vote just because they decide to not wear a mask, you don’t think they’d have a good suit?

If the mask order is legally insufficient, it does not matter whether the right to vote is involved or whether it's just someone going to the courthouse, or anywhere else. It's not really a matter of voting vs. masks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really just to see how far they would take it. Will they deny someone their right to vote if they don't wear a "mask?" Its a shame its even a question, but with the dictator we have for a govenor I won't be surprised if they do just that.

Hopefully my experience will be the same as several others that posted of no problems.

I truly hope there won't be any conflict whatsoever.

To see how far they will take it? :n00b:

You're the one with a plan, bodycam, and INGO about this...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Honestly y'all it wasn't a big deal. Poll workers know exactly what their limits are and have been coached to be polite and not challenge you. The real risk is that some self-deputized mask gestapo will flip out while you're in line.

Top Bottom