Masks-no discussion needed. Just vote and see where we really are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mask or no mask

• Total voters

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So why would a person who hates government interference in my daily life and generally opposes restrictions vote to mandate the wearing of masks? Simple answer is I am just tired of hearing about it. Wear it, don’t wear, don’t care anymore. I am sick of the political pandering. I have basically just lost faith in my fellow citizens the last couple of days. Sorry I don’t think it is a conspiracy to wear a piece of fabric over my face while picking up a prescription at the pharmacy or grabbing a gallon of milk. That said I don’t wear a mask most of the time. But if putting a silly rag over my face checks a box and gets the kids back to school I will lead by example. I sort of view face masks and social distancing like I do second hand smoke, if you want to smoke then knock yourself out but be courteous enough not to blow it in my face. Problem is I don’t know if any courtesy exists anymore.
    Problem I see with the mask orders is that they are not a means to an end. They are all just being implemented to "do something" and look like they care in the public eye.

I believe medical grade+ masks on sick people are helpful. Not convinced about any of the other things people are putting on their faces.
    Not convinced people who don't have any symptoms are spreading the virus.
    If the mask was a means to an end EX: "Wear masks and we eliminate any other restrictions/send the kids back to school" or "Wear masks for three months and see if they work." then I would have a far easier time supporting it but this is not what's being done. They way they are going we're going to be stuck in our houses until sometime in 2023 to try and prevent killing a very small portion of the population.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Wear masks for three months and see if they work."

That is how I see it.

To me, there is an implicit, "We will see if this mask thing works, but if it doesn't, we're going to have to shut down again."

And that's politically unpalatable before the election.

Based on my own observations (anecdotal) and what I've read, I do believe there are people who are asymptomatically contagious.

Perhaps worse, I think there is a great deal we still do not fully understand about how this thing is transmitted from one person to the other. I hear (and read) of people who find out they are positive, but none of the people who they actually came into close contact with are positive. But then some other person who has no traceable contact with anyone positive ends up having it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.wishtv.com/news/coronav...-over-as-coronavirus-cases-surpass-4-million/

I’ll post this here to. Seems the experts think we should shut everything down and start again.

I think it is a fair observation to say that things are getting worse again. Not worse everywhere, but overall worse. And, not worse quickly, but getting worse slowly. And still not as bad as mid-March, but we REALLY don't want it to get that bad.

Aggregate all that, and I can understand medical professionals having the opinion that we want to stop things from continuing to get worse. Totally agree with that philosophy.

But, at the same time, if it is worse-but-still-manageable... then... well... it is manageable. Let's manage it until it really looks like it will get unmanageable, then take more drastic steps.

At least that's MHO.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just curious...why are homeless people excluded from having to wear masks?

I thought that was weird as well. Maybe because they can’t tell you to wear a mask at home and since homeless people don’t have a home???:dunno:

I also clued right in on the fact that people with mental conditions are also exempt. Yeah I can play that part.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Also exempts inmates. Curious on that one too. If masks work so well, why are they releasing inmates in lots of states instead of giving them masks. And now Indiana exempts them

At least theres an end date to the bs EO

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also exempts inmates. Curious on that one too. If masks work so well, why are they releasing inmates in lots of states instead of giving them masks. And now Indiana exempts them

At least theres an end date to the bs EO

And why do they let criminals go, and then threaten to jail you if you don't wear a mask?

Top Bottom