Masks-no discussion needed. Just vote and see where we really are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mask or no mask

• Total voters

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Have you seen some of the other mask threads?
    I go to sleep, wake up, and there's 200 more posts in a thread.
    If the mask thing were a distraction, let’s just make believe for a minute here, I’d say many people could be fooled by it because they’re spending so much time complaining about masks instead of going out and making the world a better place!
    Wait.
    I mean, staying home, making the world a better place.
    Whatever. Is this how conspiracy theories get started?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If the mask thing were a distraction, let’s just make believe for a minute here, I’d say many people could be fooled by it because they’re spending so much time complaining about masks instead of going out and making the world a better place!
    Wait.
    I mean, staying home, making the world a better place.
    Whatever. Is this how conspiracy theories get started?

So... just put on the damn mask and quit *****ing? ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will fess up, I voted mandate the mask. 2 days ago I would have argued that point till I was blue in the face because I would like to believe that people should be given a choice. I have been an INGO member for a very long time. Anybody that knows me well also knows that I am not a fan of government interference and tend to be as moderate as they come. I very seldom vote democrat and even then only in local county elections. Point is not an infiltrating, Gun hating liberal. I take a position on a topic by answering two questions. 1) does a law or someone’s actions affect other people? If the answer is no then government should butt out. 2) does a law affect my ability to protect myself or other people? If it does then it is oppressive in my mind and is a no go.

So why would a person who hates government interference in my daily life and generally opposes restrictions vote to mandate the wearing of masks? Simple answer is I am just tired of hearing about it. Wear it, don’t wear, don’t care anymore. I am sick of the political pandering. I have basically just lost faith in my fellow citizens the last couple of days. Sorry I don’t think it is a conspiracy to wear a piece of fabric over my face while picking up a prescription at the pharmacy or grabbing a gallon of milk. That said I don’t wear a mask most of the time. But if putting a silly rag over my face checks a box and gets the kids back to school I will lead by example. I sort of view face masks and social distancing like I do second hand smoke, if you want to smoke then knock yourself out but be courteous enough not to blow it in my face. Problem is I don’t know if any courtesy exists anymore.

As far as the Governors executive order, I am still trying to find the official signed document. I had to listen to the press conference a couple times for my employer. Since Holcomb said there wasn’t going to be any mask police running around this is pretty much an unenforceable mandate. No different then the stay at home orders. At least in a Seymour there were people everywhere. I keep hearing the Governor made a new law with the punishment being a Class B misdemeanor. Nope, the existing law dealing with emergencies stipulates a class B misdemeanor. Seems to me it’s time to revisit this law during the next legislative session. Incidentally that is the same law that says they can’t close gun stores during times of emergency.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will fess up, I voted mandate the mask. 2 days ago I would have argued that point till I was blue in the face because I would like to believe that people should be given a choice. I have been an INGO member for a very long time. Anybody that knows me well also knows that I am not a fan of government interference and tend to be as moderate as they come. I very seldom vote democrat and even then only in local county elections. Point is not an infiltrating, Gun hating liberal. I take a position on a topic by answering two questions. 1) does a law or someone’s actions affect other people? If the answer is no then government should butt out. 2) does a law affect my ability to protect myself or other people? If it does then it is oppressive in my mind and is a no go.

So why would a person who hates government interference in my daily life and generally opposes restrictions vote to mandate the wearing of masks? Simple answer is I am just tired of hearing about it. Wear it, don’t wear, don’t care anymore. I am sick of the political pandering. I have basically just lost faith in my fellow citizens the last couple of days. Sorry I don’t think it is a conspiracy to wear a piece of fabric over my face while picking up a prescription at the pharmacy or grabbing a gallon of milk. That said I don’t wear a mask most of the time. But if putting a silly rag over my face checks a box and gets the kids back to school I will lead by example. I sort of view face masks and social distancing like I do second hand smoke, if you want to smoke then knock yourself out but be courteous enough not to blow it in my face. Problem is I don’t know if any courtesy exists anymore.

As far as the Governors executive order, I am still trying to find the official signed document. I had to listen to the press conference a couple times for my employer. Since Holcomb said there wasn’t going to be any mask police running around this is pretty much an unenforceable mandate. No different then the stay at home orders. At least in a Seymour there were people everywhere.

Hard to argue this.

Good to see you posting.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

As far as the Governors executive order, I am still trying to find the official signed document. I had to listen to the press conference a couple times for my employer. Since Holcomb said there wasn’t going to be any mask police running around this is pretty much an unenforceable mandate. No different then the stay at home orders. At least in a Seymour there were people everywhere. I keep hearing the Governor made a new law with the punishment being a Class B misdemeanor. Nope, the existing law dealing with emergencies stipulates a class B misdemeanor. Seems to me it’s time to revisit this law during the next legislative session. Incidentally that is the same law that says they can’t close gun stores during times of emergency.

Paging Jamil...

(I'm not smart enough - you guys hash this out)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I prefer to expel viruses, and bacteria when I breath, not collect them right I front of my face and breath them back in.

Also, my body, and immune system function much better with oxygen compared to carbon dioxide.

Masks do more harm than good, in healthy people.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Paging Jamil...

(I'm not smart enough - you guys hash this out)

Oh Jamil or whoever can hash that out on their own. IC 10-14-3 I believe. That is a discussion for legislators and lawyers. If the Governor overstepped then clean it up. But the penalty is in the IC. So two different issues in my mind. 1) wear or not wear a mask and 2) misapplication of an executive order/not involving state legislators. With the first question I fall on the wear the mask side because I see no negatives and maybe possibly something positive. For the second question it’s what I consider to be political pandering at this point.

Top Bottom