Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sweet! a subject I can speak about
    1. It appears from people that were shot about 2 feet away from me that getting shot while wearing body armor hurts like a b)*&#!
    2. SAPI plates or the civilian equivalent can take 7.62 NATO AP hits it would take several hits before they would break up.
    3. Most of the modern vests I have been around have side plates so that so that shooting the side thing not so much.
    4. Wounds from rounds going through plates spread the plate material along the wound channel.
    5. Pelvic girdle, Head, Leg’s good targets if you can hit them.
    6. It has a psychological effect on the enemy to hit somebody and they don’t go down and keep fighting it can make the bad or good guys run.
    7. Do not get stuck in the mentality you have to shoot a certain drill. If you shoot and the threat is not gone keep shooting till the threat is gone that may mean shooting after they are on the ground “violence of action” fight like a Honey Badger” you have already made the decision to kill the person do it!
    Do not let the fact it seems like you are shooting down a darkened tunnel or you can’t hear anything and it seems your hearts going about 300 BPM bother you!

I have personally witnessed Soldiers take multiple hits to body armor and keep on going!
    I have also witnessed Soldiers get scared of the sound of gunfire and run away!

In the end you don’t bring a pistol to a rifle fight if you do good luck!

Even if the plate stopped the round, would the other guy still be on his feet if it was a deer slug at 10 yards or a .300 Win Mag at 100 yards?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yep
    A slug or heavy round is going to knock him or her down break some ribs and stuff!
    But he or she might keep fighting after a recovery period? Humans can be unbelievably tough!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep
    A slug or heavy round is going to knock him or her down break some ribs and stuff!
    But he or she might keep fighting after a recovery period? Humans can be unbelievably tough!
    This recovery period you speak of... can I have 4-6 weeks? And lots of Percocet?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thankfully, I have never been in position to speak firsthand on this issue. However, several years ago a friend was working security at a bar and a fight broke out in the parking lot and my buddy was shot point blank in the chest (don't recall the caliber). His adrenaline carried him through the chaos. But he sustained a couple broken ribs and a cracked sternum. Now his body armor didn't have a trauma plate so that would likely have made a big difference

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When would you need such a weapon? As a riverboat gambler sitting across the table from a bear?

Bears are serious poker players man. Serious.

You know, bears and dogs are related...

Hisstationand4aces-coolidge.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I am not really sure I could hang onto the derringer. Not sure I want to try.

I regularly shoot my .45-70 lever gun...but I would not even pick that thing up. That would be a surefire trip to the 'please put my hand back together' room. The second barrel is just comedy...like you'd do that again.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I regularly shoot my .45-70 lever gun...but I would not even pick that thing up. That would be a surefire trip to the 'please put my hand back together' room. The second barrel is just comedy...like you'd do that again.
    Must be why this one is only a single shot. There are YouTube videos of people shooting this gun, it goes about as well as you'd expect. May be the handgun answer to body armor, though.
    600_NITRO_EXPRESS_PISTOL.JPG

Top Bottom