• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was glad to have Mattis brought on as SecDef...but I was disappointed that he didn't come out with a clear strategy for victory in our forever wars. I thought he was going to be more Patton like and bring forward a bold plan for winning and getting out. His departure leaves me unmoved and hoping for a better plan.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was glad to have Mattis brought on as SecDef...but I was disappointed that he didn't come out with a clear strategy for victory in our forever wars. I thought he was going to be more Patton like and bring forward a bold plan for winning and getting out. His departure leaves me unmoved and hoping for a better plan.

Unfortunately, there will never be another Patton. Politicians won't allow it. In the movie "Patton", General Bradley (Karl Malden) said as much. I know it was just a movie, but it was an accurate statememt. We could use another Patton, and the politicians should let that person run the messy business of warfare and stay out of it.

If Patton's plan after WWII had been adhered to, it's quite possible that the Korean "war" and the Vietnam "war" never would have happened. I put "war" in quotes since neither were ever declared as such.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom