• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe he is saying that he is free to receive a free public anal exam.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    This article provides some interesting insight on why Mattis and certain other people had to leave. Internally actively plotting to derail portions of the President's agenda is a big no-go if you are POTUS and find out about it. I like the idea presented of "disagree and commit" - you are free to disagree during the discussion phase, but once the decision is made, you need to either get on board or leave/be fired.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ste...tablishment-beat-trump-was-right-to-fire-them

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    This article provides some interesting insight on why Mattis and certain other people had to leave. Internally actively plotting to derail portions of the President's agenda is a big no-go if you are POTUS and find out about it. I like the idea presented of "disagree and commit" - you are free to disagree during the discussion phase, but once the decision is made, you need to either get on board or leave/be fired.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ste...tablishment-beat-trump-was-right-to-fire-them

Trump was "right to fire Mattis"? Bob Woodward claims that the Secdef had the time to plot to block the President's trade policy? After leaving the Army, Mattis was paid 3/4 of a million by General Dynamics?

Doesn't even pass the giggle test.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Trump was "right to fire Mattis"? Bob Woodward claims that the Secdef had the time to plot to block the President's trade policy? After leaving the Army, Mattis was paid 3/4 of a million by General Dynamics?

Doesn't even pass the giggle test.

Time to put up or shut up.

"Financial filings reviewed by International Business Times show that since taking the position in 2013, Mattis has been paid $594,369 by General Dynamics, and has amassed more than $900,000 worth of company stock."

https://www.ibtimes.com/political-c...-made-nearly-1000000-board-defense-contractor

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And remember, it 50 "quality" posts.

Most of never get there.:(

I am quite sure I have met my burden of LOW quality posts. As no one has clarified what end of the quality scale the posts need to be on, low quality is the way to go.

Low quality is timeless. It took cavemen thousands of years to discuss how to make fire, but I am quite certain within a month of two cavemen meeting for the first time someone was telling a booger or fart joke.

Dug

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I am quite sure I have met my burden of LOW quality posts. As no one has clarified what end of the quality scale the posts need to be on, low quality is the way to go...

Just post this pic 25 times and you'll have 50 "quality" posts;)...

setting_hedge_corner_posts_2.jpg

They are osage orange, the very highest quality posts you can have.:laugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anthony Zinni has left the administration. He was a good general (IMHO), who had been hired to resolve the Qatar situation. It wasn't going well, so he quit.

It isn't clear yet (to me) if it is that simple, or if there is something else at play. Seems to me that you take that job to try to solve an intractable problem. Seems odd that he would quit just because the problem remains intractable.

That could be a significant HR hole to fill in terms of foreign policy strategy. While not getting any real MSM coverage here, the issue is a big problem.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Time to put up or shut up.

"Financial filings reviewed by International Business Times show that since taking the position in 2013, Mattis has been paid $594,369 by General Dynamics, and has amassed more than $900,000 worth of company stock."

https://www.ibtimes.com/political-c...-made-nearly-1000000-board-defense-contractor

Easy. Tell me what uniform he's wearing, and what service the "article" said he retired from. Can't even get the obvious correct. You want to defend the other outrageous claims that triggered my mirth??

th

Edit: and sorry for the delay in response. I've been busy.

Top Bottom